[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

STOCK+ ROM

This is a custom ROM for the Huawei Ascend G300 based on official ICS 4.0.3 B960.

This ROM requires that you have B926 or higher (i.e. baseband 2030) if you are not sure what this means, please see here.

Features & changes from stock:

• Rooted, zipaligned & busybox added
  • Performance tweaks
  • Default Storage set to sdcard
  • Ad-Blocking hosts file
  • Custom APN list
  • Low ringer volume fix
  • Sony Bravia Engine
  • Dictionary fixed
  • New boot animation
  • CyanogenMod's DSP manager
  • Battery circle mod
  • Updated adreno drivers
  • SuperSU for root management
  • Supercharger V6 for improved performance and memory management
  • Wifi to mobile data nag disabled
  • MMS messaging without needing to enable data
  • Includes CM style notification toggles
  • Includes ES File Explorer & Rocket Player
  • Includes overclocking kernel and NoFrills-CPU app to configure it

Installation

Copy the zip file to your sdcard and then boot in to ClockWorkMod. (or TWRP)

CWM > Wipe data/factory reset

CWM > advanced > reboot recovery

CWM > install zip from SD > Choose zip from sdcard > select StockPlus-B960-R6.zip

Wait for installation to finish and reboot

Recommended on first boot

Once the ROM has booted for the first time I would recommend leaving it for a few minutes while it finishes it's initial setup. After this I'd recommend doing the following to improve the overall usage of the ROM:

App drawer > No-Frills CPU > Set Governor to SmartassV2, set I/O scheduler to noop and for nice performance boost set the Max clock frequency to 1.152Ghz.

NB: I have found most G300's to be pretty stable between 1Ghz and 1.19Ghz so you can comfortably use 1.19Ghz if you wish but if you want keep things conservative and still have a little performance improvement then setting the max frequency to 1.152ghz is a great compromise.

Download: Here (mirror)

File: StockPlus-B960-R6.zip

MD5: 674b57b06a23f88ff9e7cdc43f2affaa

Screenshots

post-923750-0-40227100-1362155513_thumb.post-923750-0-82377700-1362155500_thumb.post-923750-0-08083800-1362155497_thumb.post-923750-0-54745300-1362601145_thumb.post-923750-0-34187200-1362601146_thumb.

Changelog

R6 - 06/03/13

Removed Link2Int from default install (Can still be flashed as an addon)

Added a fix for 800x480 video recording

Small update to APN list

Updated Ad-block hosts file

Tweaked supercharger settings for better memory management (thanks to Timbones)

Tweaked scheduling priorities for smoother UI (via a new custom script written for Stock+ by Timbones)

Replaced Apollo with Rocket player

R5 - 01/03/13

Added extended power menu

Updated ad-block hosts file

Removed touchpal

Replaced Huawei music app with CM's Apollo

Added CM's DSP manager to compliment Apollo

Special thanks to tillaz for his advice and help. This update wouldn't have been so easy without him.

B960 R4 - 28/02/13

Changed to CM style toggles - HUGE thanks to tillaz for the toggles

B960 R3 - 26/02/13

Changes to fix missing toggles reported by some users

Changes to attempt to fix GPS issues

Added missing profile app for toggles

Changed circle mod battery icon style back to the older Stock+ version

B960 R2 - 23/02/13

Fixed broken SuperCharger

Added additional performance tweaks (props to Timbones for his scripting skills)

Added Volume Fix ( credits to JackRackham for the fix)

B960- 21/02/13

Rebased to B960

Replaced MIUI security with SuperSU

Added Link2Int mod

Added customisable toggles

Tweaked Supercharger settings

B952 R1 - 29/11/12

Rebased to B952

Updated busybox

Base differences: now includes Huawei weather widget/app and touchpal keyboard.

B7 - 11/11/12

Switched overclocking kernel to the latest PaulMilbank release #19.

Updated ad-block host file

Updated ES file explorer

B6 - 05/11/12

Updated notification toggles with elperroderoke's latest update. This should fix the missing toggles some users reported.

B5 - 01/11/12

Tweaked vm settings for better memory management

Replaced Power Toggled app with Huawei notification toggles (props to elperroderoke)

B4 - 17/10/12

Fixed partly broken supercharger - B4 now gets 100% supercharged instead of just 50% as in B3. Thanks to cjcandrei for pointing out my mistake

Added minor performance tweaks

B3 - 15/10/12

Added ad-blocking host file

Added custom APN list

Added Sony Bravia Engine

Updated to latest supercharger patched services.jar

B2 - 14/10/12

Fixed 'apps not signed correctly' error

Moved 3rd party apps to /data/apps which fixed apps being unable to update

Fixed broken busybox/init.d and added init.d test script - after boot if you check /data/test.log you can verify init.d is working

Changed battery mod style

Default storage is now set to sdcard

B1 12/10/12 - Initial release.

Addons

These addons are for use with the R6 release and are untested with any other versions.

Flash these optional addons via CWM or TWRP and then wipe cache & dalvik cache.

Restore Google Talk -

download

Camera timeout fix (flash this is you have camera problems) - download

Link2Int mod: Use the 2GB internal partition for app storage - download (mirror) - original thread

Wake with Volume buttons - download (mirror)

Restore stock battery icon - download (mirror)

Restore Fastboot (removes boot to recovery option from longpress power menu) - download (mirror)

Remove CM toggles and restore Huawei toggles (shown below) - download (mirror) (Warning: this addon will factory reset the phone and wipe all data)

post-923750-0-66011300-1362399804.jpg

Previous versions

Stock+ B960 R5 - download

Stock+ B960 R4 - download

Stock+ B960 R3 (Huawei toggles) - download

Stock+ B952 - download

Stock+ B944 - download

Donators

A special thanks to the people below for showing their appreciation by buying me a beer.

dalyer

Timbones

dwvl

MickJack

cashmerecardi

irishpancake

R. Irwin

C.Arthur

PCTechRoss

Credits

tillaz - CM style toggles and invaluable help with mods

elperroderoke - for all his help

Cyanogenmod - custom apn list

PaulMilbank - modded kernel

zeppelinrox - supercharger

emwno - misc scripts

Timbones - performance tweaks/scripts

Edited by Cyda

Guest bladebuddy

Was hoping you would bring us an update to the original stock+. Away from home with 2g signal tonight , but definitely trying this out so thanks Cyder ,as I already no its gonna b good. Cheers J

Guest TangerineTractor

Cyda

Nice effort. It all worked Ok, but then I got a couple of fcs on apex, and everything started getting laggy. Seemed fast, but then I switched back to Slim, and Slim is definitely faster for me. I'd run 960 stock and it was similar to that, which in general seems snappier, so I don't know why slim somehow gets better performance.

Cyda

Nice effort.

LOL Erm, thanks. Do I get a pat on the back and a doggy treat? :lol:

Cyda

It all worked Ok, but then I got a couple of fcs on apex, and everything started getting laggy. Seemed fast, but then I switched back to Slim, and Slim is definitely faster for me. I'd run 960 stock and it was similar to that, which in general seems snappier, so I don't know why slim somehow gets better performance.

Sounds odd, it's certainly not what I am seeing but as always mileage may very with any rom. I can remember you saying that one of the earlier Stock+ roms caused FCs in some twitter app yet I couldn't reproduce it and nor could anyone else. So who knows. I'm sure if there are FC issues then others will report it, not seen one myself... in fact I was very surprised how snappy this rom felt. :)

Edited by Cyda

Will give this ago later this morning. Never tired it before. Also using SLIM tho. Find its the fastest out of the 4 ROM I have tired. FIngers Crossed this is a success! :)

Guest dinamo1975

Thank you for this "stock" but, how can i deactivate "customisable Huawei notification toggles"?

"Power Toggles" is more friendly to use & much more customisable!

Thank you for this "stock" but, how can i deactivate "customisable Huawei notification toggles"?

"Power Toggles" is more friendly to use & much more customisable!

Huawei toggles are deeply rooted so you would need to format the /cust partition and the do a factory reset. I had a addon to do this for the previous Stock+, I'll update it and post it later.

Edited by Cyda

I have the opposite problem, there are no Huawei toggles. I was on CM10 before flashing Stock+. Any idea?

Did you have them with the previous version you used? I have known some users not get the toggles due to the location/network and the way huawei toggles work.

Guest sashko69

I had Huawei toggles before I switched to CM10. One more thing, something must be very wrong in my case, I have antutu at 3.320 only with oc @1.152, smartassv2 and sio?

Guest dinamo1975

Huawei toggles are deeply rooted so you would need to format the /cust partition and the do a factory reset. I had a addon to do this for the previous Stock+, I'll update it and post it later.

It's ok now!

Guest TangerineTractor

Did you have them with the previous version you used? I have known some users not get the toggles due to the location/network and the way huawei toggles work.

System.. Display... notification ... check.

I had Huawei toggles before I switched to CM10. One more thing, something must be very wrong in my case, I have antutu at 3.320 only with oc @1.152, smartassv2 and sio?

I've not used Antutu with this so can't compare, I'll try it later. Not sure on the toggles at the moment, they are there for me, sorry.

System.. Display... notification ... check.

Aha... I always forget about that check box. Thanks. :)

Edited by Cyda

is low volume problem present here like in stock?

I have done nothing to change volume levels so probably. Which volume are you refering to? Ring, voice, headphones, speaker?

I have antutu at 3.320 only with oc @1.152, smartassv2 and sio?

I'm seeing the same sort of score here so its not just you. I'll check it against stock 960 just to make sure I haven't made a derp somewhere.