[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest henrythedog

CWM is a bootloader. Unless you flash a new one, if won't be removed. If you install via an update app... Those don't use the Bootloader and if they're stock, they'll replace CWM with the stock Bootloader, which isn't much use.

As part of your Google sign in you agree for apps to be restored back to your device.

Ahh, think I get it now, thanks for the info...

So, when you unlock the bootloader and root, you're freeing it up to install your own bootloader "CWM" that takes it's place. Awesome :)

Guest dalyer

I'm a bit confused...

Is CWM actually a bootloader? I thought that a recovery was something different to a bootloader? E.g. this is CWM:

and this is an example of a booloader:

Flashing the latter has no effect on whatever recovery you have installed. And flashing a different CWM (or TWRP or whatever) has no effect on the bootloader already installed which boots Android?

Guest omegavesko

Yup. The bootloader and the recovery are two entirely separate things. However, to flash a custom recovery, you need to unlock your bootloader first.

Guest fr0do

Ya so a Bootloader loads either cwm, the os or recovery mode (pink screen/ huawei logo where the phone is accessible to adb).

My mistake.. cwm is an alternative boot option and not the boot loader.

Edited by fr0do

Guest dalyer

I was operated on last Monday and this is what happens if you leave your phone. 24/7 with wireless and only a few calls / sms

cIyWttD.png

I've seen a few people post about getting several days battery lifetime and I really wonder how they do it. At the moment (to avoid 3g reboots and to save battery) I'm setting it to 2G only and just manually toggling to 3G when I have no wifi and need faster data and this has a significantly positive impact on battery lifetime. After 1 day 17 hours I still have 40% battery left but I'm never going to get near 6 days! With 3G on I tended to get about 1-1.5 days.I know that it's difficult to compare like with like here because a lot depends on how the phone is used, what apps are running etc. I have been analysing things with Better Battery Stats, CPU Spy and the built in battery info to eliminate problematic battery drains.

Guest dalyer

Ya so a Bootloader loads either cwm, the os or recovery mode (pink screen/ huawei logo where the phone is accessible to adb).

My mistake.. cwm is an alternative boot option and not the boot loader.

OK - thanks. My confusion is gone now. :)

I was operated on last Monday and this is what happens if you leave your phone. 24/7 with wireless and only a few calls / sms

cIyWttD.png

I don't want to knock the guy but I find this really hard to believe on Stock+, unless he is using an extended battery. Unfortunately there is no way of telling if this screen shot is from a G300 or if the figures have been altered.

Please iPedroscb can you tell us what apps you have installed over the standard Stock+ ones? I really hope this is genuine!

Guest fr0do

Seems totally believable to me. I go a full day average usage and that uses about 50% battery. I have notifications and auto updates all off. There's nothing I need notifying of at the moment so I prefer to do that manually.

I try to keep to stock as much as possible, but have Kii keyboard and nova prime. I use bookmarks rather than apps for Facebook & twitter etc. I do have Tapatalk, gtalk, TVGuide and androirc, but use stock news, calendar etc..

Edited by fr0do

Seems totally believable to me. I go a full day average usage and that uses about 50% battery. I have notifications and auto updates all off. There's nothing I need notifying of at the moment so I prefer to do that manually. I try to keep to stock as much as possible, but have Kii keyboard and nova prime.

OK, I'm happy to be corrected. I struggle to get 1.5 - 2 days running Stock+ with the phone running DS Battery Saver (Gentle mode), no data or even signal most of the time, but wifi on (when not in deep sleep), no calls/sms, but Hotmail App running (but only when not in deep sleep - activtated for 1m every 30m). Had the phone since July so maybe the battery is starting to suffer a bit.

Unfortunately there is no way of telling if this screen shot is from a G300 or if the figures have been altered.

It does look like Stock+ R2, you can see the small dotted battery icon which was only used in that version.

no data or even signal most of the time

That won't help with the battery life. One of the biggest drains on battery is when the phone constantly trying to find a signal.

Edited by Cyda

Guest dalyer

My experience is that the only way that I can get more than say a day and a half is to use 2G only other than when I need faster data. This also helps to avoid the dreaded 3G reboot problem. Right now I've gotten 2 days 2 hours with 25% battery left. I have wifi, GPS and data (2G normally, 3G on demand) enabled and I would consider myself a fairly light user generally (calls, texts, data, GPS). I wasn't sure if Keep Wifi on during sleep is better set to Never or Always and at the moment it's Never. I recently installed Y5 Battery Saver to disable Wifi when out of range of known access points but it's too early to say if/how much that helps. I have CPU Spy and Better Battery Stats installed to try to monitor what's using battery (and, particuarly, what wakelocks might be used). Bottom line for me though is that 3G is a battery killer. I'm not in a weak coverage area. I have no idea how somebody would get 6 hours but would love to know! :)

BTW - so far I have found Stock+ very good, responsive, reliable. I'm still on R4 and will probably wait for R6 (which I think may be in the pipeline?) until I reinstall. The above stuff about battery usage is general to all ROMs in my experience so far.

Edited by dalyer

Guest Musicmaster

I am new here and have some questions.

Makes this rom the phone faster to handle? Means starting up apps, switching between screens and browsing internet?

Does the rom includes Dutch language and Google Play?

Does this rom switch automaticly from wifi too 3G without the confirmation message?

I'm not looking for the newest android firmware, only for the best performance. Is this the best rom for that purpose?

Guest fr0do
My experience is that the only way that I can get more than say a day and a half is to use 2G only other than when I need faster data. This also helps to avoid the dreaded 3G reboot problem. Right now I've gotten 2 days 2 hours with 25% battery left. I have wifi, GPS and data (2G normally, 3G on demand) enabled and I would consider myself a fairly light user generally (calls, texts, data, GPS). I wasn't sure if Keep Wifi on during sleep is better set to Never or Always and at the moment it's Never. I recently installed Y5 Battery Saver to disable Wifi when out of range of known access points but it's too early to say if/how much that helps.
I have Wi-Fi and 3g permanently on. Never had reboots so maybe that's a drain on your phone - it switching a lot?

Guest fr0do

Makes this rom the phone faster to handle? Means starting up apps, switching between screens and browsing internet?

Does this rom switch automaticly from wifi too 3G without the confirmation message?

I'm not looking for the newest android firmware, only for the best performance. Is this the best rom for that purpose?

1. You bet. That's mostly to do with the kernel I think.

2. Dunno

3. Yes. That's in the first post

It's the latest firmware too. Hopefully it's better for that but who knows.

Guest dalyer

I have Wi-Fi and 3g permanently on. Never had reboots so maybe that's a drain on your phone - it switching a lot?

Could be. But then some people just don't get the 3G reboot problem while others do and there's no obvious reason that I have seen... :(

I'm not sure how to diagnose this - e.g. to see if it's doing a lot of 3G switching? Anybody got any tips?

I also meant to collect logs when I got a 3G reboot but haven't been able to so far. The reboot is sporadic and it often happens on the move when it's difficult to start debugging the phone! :)

Edited by dalyer

Guest Musicmaster

1. You bet. That's mostly to do with the kernel I think.

2. Dunno

3. Yes. That's in the first post

It's the latest firmware too. Hopefully it's better for that but who knows.

What does Dunno mean?

What does Dunno mean?

It means he doesn't know the answer to that one. But yes, I think it includes dutch and it certainly comes complete with google Play.

Edited by Cyda

New addons/patches now available as promised:

Flash these optional addons via CWM or TWRP and then wipe cache & dalvik cache.

These addons are for use with the latest R5 release only.

Remove Link2Int mod - download (mirror)

Wake with Volume buttons - download (mirror)

Restore stock battery icon - download (mirror)

Remove CM toggles and restore Huawei toggles (shown below) - download (mirror) (Warning: this addon will factory reset the phone and wipe all data)

post-923750-0-89944500-1362399961.jpg

I think that covers most of the requests. Let me know if I missed anything.

Edited by Cyda

Guest fr0do

I'm just trying volume wake and link 2sd. Cleared cache and it's the same :( usually works.

hmm yeah all of them! Get to solid files fine. Clicking the download link gets me the 403. I'm on mobile data soi maybe it's that.

Edited by fr0do

Guest fr0do

Mirrors working! Thanks bud! :D

Hmm I flashed volume wake and link2sd together and now the power button restarts the GUI :(

Volume wake works. And I cleared cache and dalvic cache

Edited by fr0do

Mirrors working! Thanks bud! :D

Hmm I flashed volume wake and link2sd together and now the power button restarts the GUI :(

Volume wake works. And I cleared cache and dalvic cache

So the volume wake works but the power button crashes the UI? Hmm, I'll check it.

Edit: Which version of Stock+ were you using? R5? The reason I ask is I just checked the vol wake up addon on a fresh install of R5 and seems to work fine, certainly no UI crashes. The power button works for screen on/off and longpress for menu opens as normal. I'll try flashing the Link2Int removal zip to see how that works out.

Edited by Cyda

Guest wouterbeer

I can confirm this ROM includes Dutch language.

New addons/patches now available as promised:

Thanks Cyda!

Installed only volume wake (without clearing anything!) and it works fine for me. So maybe the problem lies with the link2int removal patch?

Edited by wouterbeer