[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Just tried again from scratch. Same. I'm on R3. Is it that?

Yeah, that will do it. Big changes from R3 to R5. The Link2Int removal zip will work fine but the Vol wake it is specific to R5. There is an older one around here somewhere that someone posted which works with R3. I'll find a link...

Edit: This vol. wake patch is reported to work fine with R3 - https://mega.co.nz/#..._x9585MBR1uHPXA

Edited by Cyda

Guest The Silent Man

Hi guys,

I don't have anything predefined in APN settings. What does this mean (it's mentioned in first post):

"Custom APN list"

Is it possible to create addon that will do basically the same thing as the vendor update file regarding APN list?

Guest dalyer

Cyda - I'm not asking for an ETA or anything but was your plan to do an R6 sometime soon rolling in some or all of the above/recent mods? Just that I'm on R4 and don't want to do a clean install of R5 if R6 is around the corner... Hope it's OK to ask that! :)

Guest jake460

Cyds not a problem but in settings/about phone/operator counrty info it says operator name vodafone, when mine is unlocked and on o2 sim, is this hard written into the system or is is auto detected and is it easy to change, thanks

Cyda - I'm not asking for an ETA or anything but was your plan to do an R6 sometime soon rolling in some or all of the above/recent mods? Just that I'm on R4 and don't want to do a clean install of R5 if R6 is around the corner... Hope it's OK to ask that! :)

I've no plans for a R6 release at this time. R5 does all I want it to do at the moment, and the addons cover most of the modular features that some users have requested. The only thing I can think of that I would change for an R6 would be the removal of Link2int from the default install and to add the 800x480 cam fix posted a few pages back, and both of these are addressable with cwm flashables.

Cyds not a problem but in settings/about phone/operator counrty info it says operator name vodafone, when mine is unlocked and on o2 sim, is this hard written into the system or is is auto detected and is it easy to change, thanks

I'm pretty sure this is because the B960 rom is a vodafone PT rom. I'm pretty sure it will show that regardless of the network you are actually on. I've not looked in to removing it yet because it does no harm so is of low priority at the moment but I will have a look.

Hi guys,

I don't have anything predefined in APN settings. What does this mean (it's mentioned in first post):

"Custom APN list"

Is it possible to create addon that will do basically the same thing as the vendor update file regarding APN list?

This means it uses the APN list from Cyanogenmod so should pretty much cover all networks, rather than the default and quite limited stock APN list.

So are you saying you have no APN available for your network, and if so, which network are you on?

Edited by Cyda

Guest The Silent Man

I don't have any APN available. I tried with "Reset to default" but the list remains empty. I'm on m:tel network (Bosnia, Europe).

Guest dalyer

I've no plans for a R6 release at this time. R5 does all I want it to do at the moment, and the addons cover most of the modular features that some users have requested. The only thing I can think of that I would change for an R6 would be the removal of Link2int from the default install and to add the 800x480 cam fix posted a few pages back, and both of these are addressable with cwm flashables.

OK - fair enough. Thanks for the info.

This means it uses the APN list from Cyanogenmod so should pretty much cover all networks, rather than the default and quite limited stock APN list.

So are you saying you have no APN available for your network, and if so, which network are you on?

My APN list was blank after installing too. I had to manually configure my operator's APN. I'm on 48 Go Conquer - an MVNO operating on O2 Ireland's network in case that matters.

http://help.48months.ie/entries/20880322-Internet-Settings

BTW ... since B7 Stock+ seems to use PaulMilbank's "old" kernel #19. Has anybody tried his "new" kernel #15? Any problems? Any benefits in switching to it?

#15 kernel was discussed a few pages back. I've not tested it enough to replace the tried & tested #19. If I hear a lot of positive feedback I might switch the rom to it but #19 has worked really well so far so I'm in no rush to replace it.

Have you had the APN settings already included in others roms? I'll update the APN list in future with the latest CM version to see if it adds a APN for other networks.

Guest fr0do

Yeah, that will do it. Big changes from R3 to R5. The Link2Int removal zip will work fine but the Vol wake it is specific to R5. There is an older one around here somewhere that someone posted which works with R3. I'll find a link...

Edit: This vol. wake patch is reported to work fine with R3 - https://mega.co.nz/#..._x9585MBR1uHPXA

thanks a lot Cyda but I think that's the link2sd removal script again! :)

Yep I'm sure it is.

The R3 patch is the one where the link was never fixed. Still dead. So's my battery! lol. Will try again later.

Edited by fr0do

Guest dalyer

#15 kernel was discussed a few pages back. I've not tested it enough to replace the tried & tested #19. If I hear a lot of positive feedback I might switch the rom to it but #19 has worked really well so far so I'm in no rush to replace it.

OK - thanks.

Have you had the APN settings already included in others roms? I'll update the APN list in future with the latest CM version to see if it adds a APN for other networks.

I was on CM10.1 before this and my APN list there was blank after install too. I did a totally clean install of CM10.1 back then and a totally clean install if Stock+ more recently.

I was on CM10.1 before this and my APN list there was blank after install too. I did a totally clean install of CM10.1 back then and a totally clean install if Stock+ more recently.

Ah, that explains it. If it wasn't there in CM10.1 then it certainly won't be there on this either. Have you used any roms that had the APN settings included on install? If you did I can borrow the APN settings for your network and add them for a future update.

thanks a lot Cyda but I think that's the link2sd removal script again! :)

Yep I'm sure it is.

The R3 patch is the one where the link was never fixed. Still dead. So's my battery! lol. Will try again later.

Nope, that is certainly the vol wake up patch that works with R3. I don't host my files on Mega.

Edited by Cyda

Guest wouterbeer

I have flashed Paul's newest kernel #15 on top of this rom a couple of days back and it works fine. No idea whether it is any faster, didn't try any benchmarks nor did I linger with the kernel included with this rom too long. It is definitely not slower though ;)

Guest twrock
...the 800x480 cam fix posted a few pages back,....

Can you link to the cam fix in the "add-ons" section in the OP? For some reason, I can't get the search function to work on this topic.

Guest fr0do

Nope, that is certainly the vol wake up patch that works with R3. I don't host my files on Mega.

I opened the zip and you can see link2sd in the script. Lemme try again.

I downloaded from Ubuntu one. That mega link has never worked for me.

Sod this I think I'll have to upgrade to v5. I preferred tillaz's circle battery but I guess I can get that back by reflashing his mod ;)

Edited by fr0do

The f

I opened the zip and you can see link2sd in the script. Lemme try again.

Sod this I think I'll have to upgrade to v5. I preferred tillaz's circle battery but I guess I can get that back by reflashing his mod ;)

The file is called: ics-tweak-wakeupwithvolkeys.zip and it is in no way related to Link2Int, honest. :P

Edited by Cyda

Can you link to the cam fix in the "add-ons" section in the OP? For some reason, I can't get the search function to work on this topic.

I dont have time to search the thread as I am leaving work in a few mins so I've just attached it. Make a nandroid first please because I didn't make this file and it's untested by me.

ICS fix 800x480.zip

Affect in any way the installation of B960 if link2sd is missing?

Thank you!

Can you reword the question? I think the translation is a bit broken.

Edit: If you mean, does it affect the installation if you remove the link2sd app, then no it should be ok.

Edited by Cyda

Guest dalyer

Ah, that explains it. If it wasn't there in CM10.1 then it certainly won't be there on this either. Have you used any roms that had the APN settings included on install? If you did I can borrow the APN settings for your network and add them for a future update.

I can't remember if Infusion came with a list of APNs preconfigured. I haven't tried any other ROMs - just CM10.1 (and maybe 10.0). This is not a big deal for me personally though. I was just mentioning that I didn't have any preconfigured APNs like the other poster... :)

Guest dalyer

I have flashed Paul's newest kernel #15 on top of this rom a couple of days back and it works fine. No idea whether it is any faster, didn't try any benchmarks nor did I linger with the kernel included with this rom too long. It is definitely not slower though ;)

OK - thanks for that info.