[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Guest dinamo1975

Edit: If you mean, does it affect the installation if you remove the link2sd app, then no it should be ok.

I understand! In this case I will apply the patch!

Thank you.

Guest Billy323

I have flashed Paul's newest kernel #15 on top of this rom a couple of days back and it works fine. No idea whether it is any faster, didn't try any benchmarks nor did I linger with the kernel included with this rom too long. It is definitely not slower though ;)

With reference to Paul #15 i found it introduced some caller ID lag, phone would first Vibrate then start ringtone then the screen would come on two or three seconds later. Went back to #19

Guest iPedroscb

I don't want to knock the guy but I find this really hard to believe on Stock+, unless he is using an extended battery. Unfortunately there is no way of telling if this screen shot is from a G300 or if the figures have been altered.

Please iPedroscb can you tell us what apps you have installed over the standard Stock+ ones? I really hope this is genuine!

i was having some problems with the previous rom so i decided to give a try to stock+ rom. Installed 1weather and nothing more since i was tired.

Now i've MEO GO(TV App), aptoide, sshtunnel, whatsapp and it's 83% in 17h 52m

It does look like Stock+ R2, you can see the small dotted battery icon which was only used in that version.

Yep Stock+ R2

Cyda, thanx, is the best ROM. But how i can back huawei toogles from r3 to r5? In r5, if you switch on in not. panel switches wi fi hotspot - wi fi automatical switch off, is normally, bur if you switch off hot spot - wi fi not enabled automatically back. And sorry - my english is bad. :)

I don't know sorry. If R3 works better for you I would just use that instead.

Guest spacelordmf

Cyda, not better, problem only in switches. In r5 nice switches, but switching is not correct. After switching off wi-fi hotspot - wi-fi must switching on automatically, if normally stand in position ON. But in need switching manually. Only this problem.

Cyda, can you upload Stock+ splash screen?

Splash screen? do you mean wallpaper? The splash screen (i.e. the very first screen you see when you switch the phone on) isn't part of the rom.

Edited by Cyda

Hi Cyda. It seems as though the vol lock wake for r5 breaks default storage reverts to internal on reboot.

This happens randomly with Huawei roms but I don't think it is anything to do with the vol wake patch, there is nothing in the patch related to storage. If you switch it back it should stay. As mentioned in the OP, all stock roms suffer from this annoying bug. It has been discussed many times in this thread and countless others in the forum and I've tried many things to work around it but in the end it always comes back. The funny thing is not everyone gets it.

Guest wouterbeer

This happens randomly with Huawei roms but I don't think it is anything to do with the vol wake patch, there is nothing in the patch related to storage. If you switch it back it should stay. As mentioned in the OP, all stock roms suffer from this annoying bug. It has been discussed many times in this thread and countless others in the forum and I've tried many things to work around it but in the end it always comes back. The funny thing is not everyone gets it.

I never had it before. Then I installed this ROM and suddenly it switched back to internal for two or three times after a reboot and/or after flashing a mod. Since those times it is not reverting anymore; so to me it seems indeed very random behaviour. :blink:

Guest dalyer

Is really long life battery with this ROM. And i have minimal 90 mb free RAM. I'ts amazing.

This "free RAM" fixation crops up again and again almost as often as the "battery calibration" myth. Free RAM is not necessarily a good thing on Android. In fact having less free RAM may be better as it means that the system is making maximum usage of resources. (And I'm not implying that Stock+ is inefficient in its use of RAM or antyhing). E.g....

http://www.androidcentral.com/ram-what-it-how-its-used-and-why-you-shouldnt-care

Looks like I might be out of the G300 loop for a while if not permanently as my phone decided to die today. All I get now when I switch it on is a solid blue screen. I'm going to try a force update but it doesn't look good.

Guest jgbyr

Looks like I might be out of the G300 loop for a while if not permanently as my phone decided to die today. All I get now when I switch it on is a solid blue screen. I'm going to try a force update but it doesn't look good.

Hopefully you'll get it sorted soon.

Guest dalyer

Bummer! :( Hope you get it sorted...

It's alive! :D

Had to force update the phone to get it to boot. Tried the latest b952 update.app and then back through the different versions but each failed until I used the original b926 update (which is what was already on the phone) and that one worked. The phone is now rooted and unlocked again, and back to my latest nandroid. ;)

The moral of the story: do NOT f**k about with the mount points whilst trying to fix the stupid random storage issue - the phone doesn't like it and it hurts when things go wrong. :P

Guest dalyer

Glad to hear you're back up and running. Now what's the ETA on R6? :D

BTW - what exactly do you mean by "force update"? :blush: No messing about with IMEI hacking or anything?

Edited by dalyer

Guest bladebuddy
Glad to hear you're back up and running. Now what's the ETA on R6? :D

BTW - what exactly do you mean by "force update"? :blush: No messing about with IMEI hacking or anything?

Power on volume up/down folder on the SD card = forced update.

Yeah, I'm glad it's back up and running myself I didn't really want to switch phones at the moment, the little G300 is doing the job just right. (apart from earlier of course when it was briefly a very lovely blue screened brick)

Yeah, I'm glad it's back up and running myself I didn't really want to switch phones at the moment, the little G300 is doing the job just right. (apart from earlier of course when it was briefly a very lovely blue screened brick)

nice to have you back, the g300 is fighter and will carry on with the support these devs who bring inspiration to this little minx of a phone! great job peeps, keep the dream alive!

Guest dalyer

Another dumb question... Cyda mentioned "the latest b952 update.app" but Stock+ is based on B960. Does that just mean that there's no update.app available for B960 or something?

Guest marcioo

Splash screen? do you mean wallpaper? The splash screen (i.e. the very first screen you see when you switch the phone on) isn't part of the rom.

No, the colors when phone are loading ;)

Guest bladebuddy
Another dumb question... Cyda mentioned "the latest b952 update.app" but Stock+ is based on B960. Does that just mean that there's no update.app available for B960 or something?

B960 was gathered from a rom dump from a member that had it installed after a repair. I think not quite sure so there wasn't an official update app. J