[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Thanks as always. Did your G300 ever come back to life?

It did. I brought it back to life by force updating it with the original b926 update. It's all good now. :)

Edited by Cyda

installed the new version last night, seems okay not sure if its any better than slim though,i like the profile bit, it would be nice to the os flavour some how?

Guest TangerineTractor

installed the new version last night, seems okay not sure if its any better than slim though,i like the profile bit, it would be nice to the os flavour some how?

FFS: It's called STOCK+ - Its supposed to be a clean, base ROM with just the essentials.

FFS: It's called STOCK+ - Its supposed to be a clean, base ROM with just the essentials.

i know but after trying mui, badui i feel ics now looks dated. some new os screens look very interesting...

Guest TangerineTractor

Installed last night, working nice... I think this brings it up to the "snappiness" level of Slim10, so it's nice and nippy and smooth. Not found any issues so far.

Cyda - I assume some of the fine tuning includes some of the tweaks in the other scripts and things doing the rounds that made older roms a bit faster? Have you looked at the Ouch Kernel - would it improve this ROM or are there no significant differences to the embedded kernel? Ouch has a couple of different governcrs and a lower min frequencty - would they affect anything in either a positive or negative way?

Guest TangerineTractor

i know but after trying mui, badui i feel ics now looks dated. some new os screens look very interesting...

In which case use one of the other roms, or use your own launcher. That's the whole point of using Android and custom roms - you can tweak things yourself. For example,I always use Apex or Novaalauncher, and have a home screen the way I like it, i don;t like lodas of widgets etc... so whatever rom i'm running, it looks the same for me, so the rom is all down to performance, battery life and stability. I make it look how I want it to. That way, I get to tweak and play without having to get really technical and dirty under the bonnet.

yea i might try some other launchers and see if i can change the appearance to my liking, the rom does seem par with slim v10 so i will run it for a week or two and see how i get on with it, thanks cyda

Guest wouterbeer

Doesn't seem to be. Flash the Addon at the start of the thread.

What would be the purpose of that addon otherwise? :P

Just flashed R6 over R5 with only wiping cache and Dalvik cache; then immediately (so without reboot) flashed Link2Int and volume wake mods. It all works perfect, thanks Cyda!

Edit: only thing so far is it switched default storage back to internal

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest Combat Gerbil

Hmm... all ok except that music player.. how do you..or indeed can you get it to play a shuffle of all your albums???

Does DSP equalizer overrule the equalizer in the player itself?

Not overrule exactly, they both work at the same time. The EQ in the app just works for music and the DSP works for all sound. So you could for example increase the bass in DSP and then increase the bass even more via the in app equaliser. I use the DSP more like a pre-amp so I can boost the volume output to headphones, I love the fact you can set separate settings for headphones, speakers and BT.

Cyda - I assume some of the fine tuning includes some of the tweaks in the other scripts and things doing the rounds that made older roms a bit faster? Have you looked at the Ouch Kernel - would it improve this ROM or are there no significant differences to the embedded kernel? Ouch has a couple of different governcrs and a lower min frequencty - would they affect anything in either a positive or negative way?

Yeah a lot of the 'tuning' with the scripts was a case of finding out which parts of the scripts worked and which were just either crap or not applicable to the G300. Tim has been tearing all these various scripts apart for a couple of weeks now to find the 'best tweaks' and as a result I think R6 runs better than ever.

As for Ouch kernel, I haven't had time to test it yet but have been meaning to. I'm certainly keeping my eye on the comments about it. Kra1o5 has done some good things for the G300 so I am always interested in his projects. :)

Hmm... all ok except that music player.. how do you..or indeed can you get it to play a shuffle of all your albums???

Don't be hating on the rocket! :P I'm starting to be a big fan of this player, it is the only player to even come close to Poweramp for me.

Edited by Cyda

Guest wouterbeer
Yeah a lot of the 'tuning' with the scripts was a case of finding out which parts of the scripts worked and which were just either crap or not applicable to the G300. Tim has been tearing all these various scripts apart for a couple of weeks now to find the 'best tweaks' and as a result I think R6 runs better than ever.

As for Ouch kernel, I haven't had time to test it yet but have been meaning to. I'm certainly keeping my eye on the comments about it. Kra1o5 has done some good things for the G300 so I am always interested in his projects. :)

Will flashing a custom kernel (e.g. #15 from Paul or this new Ouch kernel) break the tweaking done by Timbones? Or are there no scripts included with flashing a kernel.. :huh:

Edit: in other words, when I flash another kernel on this rom can I always revert to the original R6 versionby flashing Pauls #19 release?

Edited by wouterbeer

Guest TangerineTractor

Cheers for the responses. R6 is running pretty smoothly, but I'll give the Ouch kernel a blast on it too - would dropping the minimum frequency make much difference? I read that SavegedZen governr is similar to SmartAss, wonder which is better... or is it all just bull and doesn;t make any difference?

Guest TangerineTractor

Will flashing a custom kernel (e.g. #15 from Paul or this new Ouch kernel) break the tweaking done by Timbones? Or are there no scripts included with flashing a kernel.. :huh:

Edit: in other words, when I flash another kernel on this rom can I always revert to the original R6 versionby flashing Pauls #19 release?

Personally, I'd take a CWM backup then flash the kernel. If you don't like it, restore the backup.

Guest wouterbeer

Personally, I'd take a CWM backup then flash the kernel. If you don't like it, restore the backup.

Yeah, sure, but also just wondering if the tweaks will still be present if another kernel is flashed.

I also noticed that if I open my camera app and switch to camera mode, there is no option present for the 800x480 resolution. Can someone confirm this is just me because of not doing a full wipe or is this also the case with full wipes?

post-986471-0-17407300-1362665514_thumb.

Edited by wouterbeer