[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Yeah, sure, but also just wondering if the tweaks will still be present if another kernel is flashed.

I also noticed that if I open my camera app and switch to camera mode, there is no option present for the 800x480 resolution. Can someone confirm this is just me because of not doing a full wipe or is this also the case with full wipes?

As long as the kernel you flash has init.d support the tweaks will still be in place and should work exactly the same. As for the Cam, the fix should be in there. If it isn't try flashing that fix that was posted here a few pages back to see if that adds the option.

Hi all,

I found a small issue in R6

I've made no mods to this roms theme so I guess that must be like that on stock roms too.

Edited by Cyda

Guest TangerineTractor

As long as the kernel you flash has init.d support the tweaks will still be in place and should work exactly the same.

I've made no mods to this roms theme so I guess that must be like that on stock roms too.

I've seen it on a couple of apps - I don;t even consider it to be a bug. I think it's just dependent on the app's icon, to be honest. Some must have a black or transparent background, some have a solid white background or one with incompatible transparency.

Guest Combat Gerbil

I have an issue... may be just my handset. but on installing new Apps/widgets, they do not appear in the appdrawer unless I reboot..

I have an issue... may be just my handset. but on installing new Apps/widgets, they do not appear in the appdrawer unless I reboot..

Thats a new one on me. You sure they are not just being added to the last page. Huawei launcher doesn't put them in alphabetical order.

there is no option present for the 800x480 resolution. Can someone confirm this is just me because of not doing a full wipe or is this also the case with full wipes?

It's not just you. I just checked and it is the same here. Not sure how I didn't spot that before release. :blush: I'll look in to it.

Cheers for the responses. R6 is running pretty smoothly, but I'll give the Ouch kernel a blast on it too - would dropping the minimum frequency make much difference? I read that SavegedZen governr is similar to SmartAss, wonder which is better... or is it all just bull and doesn;t make any difference?

In one guide I read somewhere SavagedZen was meant to be a little better than smartassV2 but I doubt it will make that much difference. Worth a try though.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Kra1o5

It's not just you. I just checked and it is the same here. Not sure how I didn't spot that before release. :blush: I'll look in to it.

In one guide I read somewhere SavagedZen was meant to be a little better than smartassV2 but I doubt it will make that much difference. Worth a try though.

I think the best option is: SmartassV2 & noop

SavagedZen & sio is the best for OC.

Greetinngs

Guest Combat Gerbil

Nope... but added another app and it's fine this time.. I know the apps don't appear in order...and the order changes from boot to boot too... gotta love consistancy from Huawei..

Guest Colossae3.23

just ran that camera fix and the 800x480 option still isn't there... Just wondering: is it supposed to be? Like does it just change the default resolution?

Edited by Colossae3.23

Guest Pain_Deluxe

@ Cyda:

To get better sound recording on camera change 8000 to 48000hz. Works on all stock roms ;) (Infusion got that to (was my hint))

Edited by Pain_Deluxe

Guest wouterbeer

On the governor talk, see: http://forum.xda-dev...909&postcount=1

1) Noop

Inserts all the incoming I/O requests to a First In First Out queue and implements request merging. Best used with storage devices that does not depend on mechanical movement to access data (yes, like our flash drives). Advantage here is that flash drives does not require reordering of multiple I/O requests unlike in normal hard drives.

Advantages:

• Serves I/O requests with least number of cpu cycles. (Battery friendly?)
  • Best for flash drives since there is no seeking penalty.
  • Good throughput on db systems.

Disadvantages:
    • Reduction in number of cpu cycles used is proportional to drop in performance.

5) SIO
      Simple I/O scheduler aims to keep minimum overhead to achieve low latency to serve I/O requests. No priority quesues concepts, but only basic merging. Sio is a mix between noop & deadline. No reordering or sorting of requests.
      Advantages:

So can I conclude that with a 32gb SD card and using Link2Int noop is preferable over sio?

Simple, so reliable.
Minimized starvation of requests.

Disadvantages:

[*]Slow random-read speeds on flash drives, compared to other schedulers.

[*]Sequential-read speeds on flash drives also not so good.

Edited by wouterbeer

Just wondering: is it supposed to be? Like does it just change the default resolution?

You hit the nail on the head. I just checked and although it says 640 x 480 it is actually recording in 800x480.

Also, I have noticed the included cam times out sometimes but is fine other times. If you are experiencing this flash this: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/6d1d62a1b6/ it just replaces the camera app with the older more stable version.

Edited by Cyda

Guest Colossae3.23

You hit the nail on the head. I just checked and although it says 640 x 480 it is actually recording in 800x480.

Also, I have noticed the included cam times out sometimes but is fine other times. If you are experiencing this flash this: http://www.solidfile...m/d/6d1d62a1b6/ it just replaces the camera app with the older more stable version.

I remember that from somewhere. Just don't ask where :P

Guest wouterbeer

Also, I have noticed the included cam times out sometimes but is fine other times. If you are experiencing this flash this: http://www.solidfile...m/d/6d1d62a1b6/ it just replaces the camera app with the older more stable version.

Was just playing with the camera app and noticed that mine also has problems when taking panorama pictures when holding camera in landscape mode, same there?

Correct. for this you use: noop or Deadline.

Thanks. Is deadline present in your Ouch kernel? Because I it's not there in Pauls kernel (at least not in #19) Edited by wouterbeer

Guest tyrol_gangster

can somebody please help me revert from the MTP usb mode to mass storage?

EDIT: ehm, sorry, reboot helped. still get the annoying "connected as an installer" message tho

Edited by tyrol_gangster

Running Stock+ R6, 32gb SanDisk Ultra Class 10 set as default storage.

Max Clock: 1.19 Ghz

Min Clock: 320 Mhz

Gov: SmartassV2

I/O: Noop

Went into airplane mode and ran AnTutu v3.1.2 three times and got: 4165, 4379, 4192

Then I flashed Ouch Kernal ICS v1.2, same settings as above and got: 4251, 4319, 4254

Same again with OUch Kernal and SavageZen and sio : 2853, 2928, 2955

Thought I'd share it with you!

Edited by Guest

Guest Timbones
Will flashing a custom kernel (e.g. #15 from Paul or this new Ouch kernel) break the tweaking done by Timbones? Or are there no scripts included with flashing a kernel.. :huh:

Should be fine to swap kernels, the tweaks won't be affected at all. I've tested them in both #19 and #15. :)

Guest fr0do

Also, I have noticed the included cam times out sometimes but is fine other times. If you are experiencing this flash this: http://www.solidfiles.com/d/6d1d62a1b6/ it just replaces the camera app with the older more stable version.

Yes I've been getting that a lot, and I need to use the camera so I'll give that a try. Thanks! ;)

Yes I've been getting that a lot, and I need to use the camera so I'll give that a try. Thanks! ;)

That version should be much better. It's been rock solid since I flashed it.

How do I activate mute without having to go into system - sound - volume - alter volumes to 0 please

Thanks

Three options I can think of:

1. Hold the volume down button until the sound goes off
  2. Use the sound mute option in the notification toggles
  3. Longpress the power button and select mute from the bottom left corner of the power menu

Pick one that suits.