[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

Hi Cyda, the battery icon with this ROM does not flicker anymore when connected to charger (before it would flicker between 'battery icon' and percentage). Will the addon you included in the OP ("Restore stock battery icon") fix this, or is this something else?

It's because of the differences between the original circle modded systemui.apk and the newer cm toggles & circle mod systemui.apk. The earlier simpler version had an animated charge which I couldn't get right in the later version. I would prefer the animated version myself but not at the cost of the cm toggles. When I get some free time (which seems to be in short supply at present) I'll have a play to see if I can re-add the anim and if so I'll add it back to future versions.

Whilst I'm here and on the subject of future versions, for those wondering about updates, I'm not sure when the next will be because of the little time I have spare at the moment plus the rom is pretty much feature complete in that it does what I wanted it to do, and with that in mind I don't want to bloat the rom just for the sake of updated version numbers.

Edited by Cyda

Guest bladebuddy

No probs man.... all is OK.... :D

waiting patiently for your next version...

this one will be hard to better... thanx

If you flash Tillaz caller I'd fix then as it uses his infusion as a base this problem with vodafone/ unicom goes away.

As an added bonus you also get more games compatible on play as you get the HTC finger print aswell. Think so anyway looking at the build prop. Not tried it yet. J

I'd like to say thank you to Timbones and dalyer for their donations. These donations are also a little special because they are the first donations I've received for my android stuff. Many thanks, I appreciate it. :)

If you flash Tillaz caller I'd fix then as it uses his infusion as a base this problem with vodafone/ unicom goes away.

As an added bonus you also get more games compatible on play as you get the HTC finger print aswell. Think so anyway looking at the build prop. Not tried it yet. J

I think that only applies to the early version you flashed which had a build.prop in it. I think the build.prop was removed from the llatest version.

Guest JackRackham

Whilst I'm here and on the subject of future versions, for those wondering about updates, I'm not sure when the next will be because of the little time I have spare at the moment plus the rom is pretty much feature complete in that it does what I wanted it to do, and with that in mind I don't want to bloat the rom just for the sake of updated version numbers.

Well man, take your time, you surely deserve it! :)

Thanks for the ride!

--

JackRackham

Thanks for the ride!

Don't worry, I'm far from throwing the towel in, just short of time at the moment. ;)

And if anyone has any suggestions for additional rom features, tweaks etc that they would like to see in future versions of Stock+ I am always interested.

Edit: Also, big thanks to dwvl for the donation. It's appreciated. :)

Edited by Cyda

Guest dalyer

I'd like to say thank you to Timbones and dalyer for their donations. These donations are also a little special because they are the first donations I've received for my android stuff. Many thanks, I appreciate it. :)

Did you change your donation link? I thought that it was previously to cancer research or a similar charity and I donated to that? On the other hand I am happy to make a similar donation to you directly if you have changed your donation policy/link. I'm still on R4 for the past few weeks but there is very little with this ROM that has caused me any problems over that period of time. :)

Did you change your donation link? I thought that it was previously to cancer research or a similar charity and I donated to that? On the other hand I am happy to make a similar donation to you directly if you have changed your donation policy/link. I'm still on R4 for the past few weeks but there is very little with this ROM that has caused me any problems over that period of time. :)

I have updated the link (I didn't have paypal donate account previously) and whilst your donation went to the charity link rather than the paypal link it was still a donation to me so to speak, hence the thank you and the addition to the spanky new donate list. :)

Edited by Cyda

Guest dalyer

Thanks - I was getting a bit confused. I am surprised that there were only two donations so far. The ROM is definitely worth a small donation from those who can afford it.

Guest wards5150

have you got a link for it?

Not sure of link but got it from thread on here about P1 apps for g300. Can install apk but it closes when I try to use it. Others have said they have it working.

Guest irishpancake

have you got a link for it?

Hey tillaz...I was just on your Play Appz page....https://play.google....&start=0&num=12

There is a link there on Top Left Visit Website for TillazAppz which is a Google Redirect...!!!

to this page......

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNFROVr0gLwrJvA04EiG24Fkqe3m9g

Just thought you would like to know!!

Guest tillaz

Hey tillaz...I was just on your Play Appz page....https://play.google....&start=0&num=12

There is a link there on Top Left Visit Website for TillazAppz which is a Google Redirect...!!!

to this page......

http://www.google.com/url?q=http://&sa=D&usg=AFQjCNFROVr0gLwrJvA04EiG24Fkqe3m9g

Just thought you would like to know!!

thanks, not sure why that's happening as iv not selected the option to use a website, :huh:

Guest NeburG300

Cyda great rom, I´m using it right now and I may say that for now it's the most stable and fully working one, everything runs smooth, I'm just trying a new kernel, now with the kernel-308G300#15, and with an OC 1.19 GHz / 320 MHz (Max/Min) running SmartaasV2 with SIO scheduler, and for now the only complain is the overnight battery draining, from 71% goes to 51% after 8h in standby.

Cyda keep with the excellent work, you are the men! :P

Guest doveman

Thanks Cyda. I was having a lot of problems with apps freezing/not working on b944 and was going to try CM10 instead but now I've seen this I'm going to give it a go instead first :) If I still have problems, I'll probably try a GB ROM next.

Guest tillaz

and for now the only complain is the overnight battery draining, from 71% goes to 51% after 8h in standby.

best way to combat this is to change the sleep policy, in the build.prop add these lines to the bottom (if already there edit them)

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=0

with theses settings you should experience no more than 3 - 5%

or

pm.sleep_mode=0

or

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

you will have to try them all to see witch gives best results for you, first one is what i normally use

Guest doveman

Hmm, I installed the GB baseband with Downgrade-B895.zip and then ICS-in-GB.zip from here http://www.modaco.com/topic/361333-use-stock-based-ics-roms-on-gb-baseband/

After that, my existing b944 booted fine but then I updated to b960 and it just gets stuck on the HUAWEI logo. I gave it at least 10 minutes, then tried reinstalling it again with the same result. Then I tried installing b944_7 again and that also just gets stuck on the logo.

Any ideas?

Guest doveman

Did you flash the ICS-in-GB patch again after flashing the new rom?

No, I did that before flashing the new rom. Just read the instructions again and I see I misunderstood the process :blush:

I flashed the Upgrade-B952.zip and then b960 and it booted fine, so I'll try flashing Downgrade-B895.zip and then ICS-in-GB.zip again and it will hopefully be fine then. I'm going to leave it on the ICS bootloader for a bit and test b960 though. So far it seems good and gmail works now, whereas before on b944 it would just keep saying Retry and I'd have to refresh about four times before it would update my Inbox. Browser is working fine as well. :)

I'll going to try and add apps one a day to test and hopefully then I'll be able to identify which, if any, cause problems. Probably install LinkInt and Volume+ first.

Guest NeburG300

best way to combat this is to change the sleep policy, in the build.prop add these lines to the bottom (if already there edit them)

pm.sleep_mode=1

with theses settings you should experience no more than 3 - 5%

or

pm.sleep_mode=0

or

pm.sleep_mode=1

ro.ril.disable.power.collapse=1

you will have to try them all to see witch gives best results for you, first one is what i normally use

Thanks Tillaz, gonna try it... Today I'll give it a go.

Guest pamelax64

Hi,

thanks for this great place and community,i'm new into smartphone (hack) features.

anyway,i've since 3 weeks a g300 and sim network unlocked with the help of this forum,spend hours but done :)

i've managed to install this topic rom and working great but something is not installed:

"App drawer > No-Frills CPU > Set Governor to SmartassV2, set I/O scheduler to noop and for nice performance boost set the Max clock frequency to 1.152Ghz."

--none No-Frills in my app.

"Added a fix for 800x480 video recording"

--still max vga recording

anything to do to get all the enhancement?

well,i feel dumb :\

Guest doveman

Well I haven't installed LinkInt or Volume+ yet, just restored from All Backup: ampDroid, 2g/3g widget, Wifi/3G widget and Silent mode widget. Already I've had a few FCS/not responding with ampDroid, Gmail has started acting up when refreshing and I can't seem to play videos either with Video Player or ES, even though I've got 170MB free. I tend to get a couple of seconds and then I get a Media_Server_Error. I've tried selecting files in ES Explorer and trying both players and just get "Sorry, unsupported media type" with flv files and with avi files I don't even get a choice of player, it just says "Sorry, this video cannot be played".

I've had a bit better luck starting play via ampDroid. With Android FFmpeg HD profile the internal player fails after a couple of seconds but with External player (ES) it plays but is very out-of-sync and choppy. With FFmpeg HQ, medium or LQ it fails after a couple of seconds even with ES Player. With VLC Direct or HD profile I just get a black screen. With VLC HQ, medium or LQ it again stops after a couple of seconds. HTTP Live Streaming HD didn't work (black screen) so I then skipped to HTTP Live Streaming LQ profile and that seemed to be OK and in sync (only tested for about 15-20s though). I then tested HTTP Live Streaming medium and that seemed OK too.

I'm using my 54Mbps WiFi router, with the video files on my PC but the AVI I'm testing with only has a bitrate of 986kbps.