[ROM][ICS] Stock+ ROM [B960 - R6 | Updated: 06-03]

Guest Cyda

• 2 weeks later...

This rom will not have a new update? (sorry english)

No, sorry. I don't own a G300 anymore.

On a lighter note it is nice to see that this rom is still going strong 30,000 downloads later. :o

Guest Netphilos

No, sorry. I don't own a G300 anymore.

On a lighter note it is nice to see that this rom is still going strong 30,000 downloads later. :o

Hi Cyda:

Once again... Congrats for the ROM!!!!

Any clue to the display problem I've mentioned in post #1209 (the 3rd one)?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest TheMungKey

My two year old G300 on stock GB B895 has been locking up around 3 times a day lately so I thought I'd upgrade, as I really want to get another year out of it if possible - I bought a new battery recently and everything!

I tried GBXtreme which was lightning fast but the lack of CM toggles and the fact that some apps I really want to use need ICS prompted me to go to the Chinese B926 -> Stock+ route.

So far it looks gorgeous and is still as responsive as before but restoring my apps en masse using Huawei All Backup seems to bog down the phone something chronic. So I'm going to do it the long way round by reinstalling from the Play store and see which apps, if any, cause problems.

So thanks Cyda for helping me wring a few more months of value out of this stalwart little handset.

Edited by TheMungKey

• 1 month later...
Guest lazerprint

I have installed this ROM, and it is very nice - makes the G300 fly!

One problem. I want to be able to add a couple of direct dial numbers to the homepage. I can do this, but they don't stay. At some point the vanish. The definitely vanish during a re-boot, but sometime between re-boots too.

Reading around this, one possibility I have read about is that because the contacts are now on my external SIM with a load of other stuff, they are getting 'lost' whenever the phone loses contact with the SIM, which explains why they get lost during a reboot - the card takes longer to initialise than the phone...

Is this what is really going on? It there a way to fix the problem? 

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Guest doveman

Can anyone confirm that the Encrypt feature works with this ROM before I flash it?

I'm currently on Slim ROM and it's not working at all there and just sits on a screen showing the green android forever and returns an error "200 -1" when I try doing it with ADB "/system/bin/vdc cryptfs enablecrypto inplace PASSWORD"

EDIT: Actually, as I recall the phone has to reboot into recovery to do the encryption, so maybe it's just missing the correct recovery files to do so. I recall on some other phones with CWM or TWRP installed, it's rebooted to that and so can't complete but on others with those installed, it's rebooted to something else (fastboot?) and works. So maybe I just need to flash something else to overwrite recovery to make it work?

Edited by doveman

• 5 months later...
Guest byczasty

i've just install this rom from cm 9 and i dont have included apps like no frill, es file explorer any ideas?

Nevermind  i fixed this problem by updating CWM and clearing cache ;)

Edited by byczasty

• 2 months later...