[ROM] [CM10.1+AOKP+PA3] Root Box for ZTE Blade (Updated 17/9/13)

Guest zeelog

Guest Fizziebaunz

links updated, i included an unreleased version back from september'13 (final).

Nice job Master Zeelog..... Will be testing it in a few days.... I loved the goodies Rootbox brought for the blade.

• 4 weeks later...

First and foremost - Zeelog - you are the master!  This ROM is just amazing... fast, smooth and the best battery life I have seen in a 4.x ROM.  A massive thank you for all your time and effort.

A few days ago I decided to try the latest 4.4.2 from the master himself and having read all the posts I upgraded my CWM from 3.x to 6.0.1.2 (from this thread http://www.modaco.com/topic/355958-recovery20121102-clockworkmod-recovery-6012/) but could not find the find 'Partition SD Card' in 'Advanced'... so I installed TPT Helper from the market and chose GEN2v1a (the one with the largest data partition) & CWM 5.x and flashed it.

Next I used CWM to partition my 16Gb SD Card with a 2Gb partition (0 swap), installed 4.4.2 and the GAPPS, rebooted and when I checked the partition sizes it worked!!!!  I went into Settings>Partition info and it recognised the EXT partition and I had about 1.7Gb free - GREAT!  I was happy enough to have this ROM on my phone with the full knowledge it was a DEV ROM, but found 2 problems...

1. For the life of me, I could not get it to sync my contacts from my Google account - I did some digging and even tried stopping and clearing the data & cache in 'Contacts' and Contacts Storage' but it would not sync my contacts.  I even tried re-installing the ROM 3 times, but it just would not sync my contacts
  2. I also found that it was just eating the battery too quickly - I even tweaked the Performance Options, but it was just eating the batter a little faster than I liked

So I then did some more digging and decided to go for this 4.2.2 ROM.

Now for the reason for this post - a cry for help to all the good people of Modaco out there.  I have carefully read every post and every page in this thread to ensure I understand (as best I can) how to get this ROM to use /sd-ext, but whatever I try I cannot get it to work.  My apologies for the extreme length of the rest of this post.

Here is what I have done:

I downloaded the latest files from the first post...

RootBox-JB-blade-Nightly-20130917.zip

gapps-jb42-20130805-KonstaKANG.zip

I also went to XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1716124) and downloaded Int2Ext+...

CronMod-INT2EXT+_signed.zip (from http://d-h.st/Otj)

Copied the above 3 files onto my partitioned SD card, then rebooted into CWM (v5.0.2.0) and did the following:

• wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • advanced>wipe dalvik cache
  • mounts and storage>format /boot
  • mounts and storage>format /cache
  • mounts and storage>format /data
  • mounts and storage>format /system
  • mounts and storage>format /sd-ext
  • install zip from sdcard
  • chose zip from sdcard
  • ROM then GAPPS then Int2Ext+

I rebooted, waited with patience as instructed and voila - all is well.  I followed the setup wizard, connected to my WiFi, logged into my Google account... but when I went into Settings>Partition Info it showed that the EXT partition was unavailable.  I repeated the whole process about 3 or 4 times and the ROM installed just fine, but I just could not get it to see the EXT partition.  I tried Mounts2SD from the market, did the test, it installed the test file, so I enabled it and reboted, but still no EXT partition.  I started installing some apps - but ran out of space after about 9 apps so I don't think it worked.

I then wondered if my /sd-ext was the problem, so I put the SD card into my T-Mobile Vivacity and booted into CWM and partitioned the SD card on that phone (the CWM on that phone seemed to have the screen allowing me to chose either ext3 or ext4) so I tried ext3, rebooted that phone, plugged the USB cable in, copied the 3 files over, took the SD card out and put it into my Blade, then tried again - still no EXT partition.

I used the CWM on the TMV to partition it with ext4 and tried again, still no EXT partition.  At this point I was ready to cry - but I didn't give up.  My next thought was to use GParted to ensure the partition was good... so I put a new HDD in my laptop, installed Ubuntu and GParted.  I rebooted my Blade into CWM and did all the wipes as above, took out the SD card and put it into my laptop.  I copied the ROM, GAPPS and Int2Ext+ onto the laptop, wiped the SD card clean, removed all the partitions and then started from scratch...

1st partition = Primary FAT32 15Gb

2nd partition = Primary ext3 1Gb

I then copied the 3 files back onto the SD card and took it out the laptop, put it in the phone then...

• install zip from sdcard
  • chose zip from sdcard
  • ROM then GAPPS then Int2Ext+
  • reboot phone

Still showing EXT partition as unavailable.  I put the SD card back into the laptop and tried the whole thing again, but this time with ext4, still no good.  I also tried ext2.  I tried a different SD card with ext2, ext3 and ext4, still not seeing the EXT partition in the ROM.  The final thing I tried is installing TPT Helper and making my own TPT...

2Mb Cache

200Mb System

254Mb Data

CWM 5.x

TPT Helper checked it and said it was ok, so I rebooted the Blade (MENU & VOL+ & PWR), it flashed the TPT and rebooted into CWM.  I then did the following...

• wipe data/factory reset
  • wipe cache partition
  • advanced>wipe dalvik cache
  • mounts and storage>format /boot
  • mounts and storage>format /cache
  • mounts and storage>format /data
  • mounts and storage>format /system
  • mounts and storage>format /sd-ext

I took the SD card out, put it in the laptop, re-partitioned it with GParted, copied the 3 files back on (ROM & GAPPS & Int2Ext+) and tried again.  I have tried all manner of combinations (wiping and re-partitioning the SD card every time and doing all the wipes in CWM every time).

I have tried ext2, ext3, ext4 partitions with Int2Ext, Int2Ext+.  I tried Int2Ext4 and Int2Ext4+ with only ext4.  I have tried 2 different SD cards with all these combinations.  I even tried Fixed-INT2EXT+_android-4.2..1.zip and Fixed-Int2ext4+-Android-4.2.1.zip as suggested in post #296 but I just cannot get the ROM to see the EXT partition.  When I install the ROM & GAPPS and the Int2Ext zips I never get any errors - it always says completed.

My phone was one of the first GEN 1 OLED phones being sold by Orange in the UK and it has previously had SS7 and JJ9 on it.  It was unlocked and rooted within days of getting it all that time ago.  Please, please, pretty please can anyone help me?  I have spent 3 days trying to get the EXT partition working and I am now at the end of my knowledge point.  Finally, again, sorry for this extremely long post.

EDIT - I have just spotted 'QCT Unknown' in Baseband Version - looks like I have some more digging to do tomorrow and see what impact this is having.

Edited by zaxxon

So after some quick googling, seems like the 'QCT unknown' could just be that the line is missing in build.prop (now I have to google what that is)... the 2 main points are that I should check my calls and texts are working properly (which I guess will confirm the radio is ok and the baseband are ok)... but more importantly, looks like it's not related to my problem.

I also forgot to mention that during one of many clean wipes/installs I tried installing the modified s2e.apk as mentioned in an earlier post in this thread. I also installed (on a separate clean install) busy box and init.d toggler (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.broodplank.initdtoggler&hl=en) and ran the test, rebooted and saw the test file, so enabled it, rebooted again, but still not working. I installed root explorer and checked for the init.d folder and the other 2 files needed (can't remember what they are called right now) and I can clearly see them. So now I really am at the end of my knowledge limit and would be grateful for someone with more brain power than me to help please.

Edited by zaxxon

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ExCaL1BuR

Can anyone upload the final version of PAC... I can only find this version ---> blade_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.2.0_20130513

I want the last version

Thanks

Guest Lister Of Smeg

Hi ExcaL1BuR,

Not sure what happened to the thread for the other PAC rom (ie: the one you are seeking). There only appears to be the thread for PAC 19.6.0 left on these forums now...

However, if you can hold on till Monday, I shall upload it when I get to work... Just my internet is so rubbish here, it will practically take me the whole weekend just to upload!!! lol

So yeah, check the thread for PAC 19.6.0 on Monday and I shall leave a copy of it up there...

Cheers, Lister

Can anyone upload the final version of PAC... I can only find this version ---> blade_PAC_JB_4.2.2-v22.2.0_20130513

I want the last version

Thanks

Guest ExCaL1BuR

many thanks, much appreciated, will update links when i find some time

Zeelog One more time GREAT WORK .... I´ve tried every single rom of yours and everyone of them have 1 think in common , Speed ( except kitkat , but YOU will get there soon ;) ) ..... I´m very satisfied .... but on the 4.1 and  4.2 roms , I´m experiencing random reboots and freezes .... clock speeds on stock for note :) 

Chears ^_^

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest kogos

as said on another thread, all zeelog work cannot be downloaded from goo.im for some reason. Download page keeps refreshing, and download won't start. Anyone have any updated links for rootbox/pacman latest builds?

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...