Best Custom Rom ?

Guest bilakos10

if u want battery, stability & speed:

lightning rom

meija rom

slim rom

stock+ b960 might also be good but i havent tested it

Edit: after trying out stock+, i can say that this rom is the best.

Edited by y4ss1n

I'm really starting to hate these threads :angry:

There isn't a best ROM, all of them are different in their own ways. It's all down to opinion when it comes to deciding "What is the best ROM?"

I think that CMs are not custom roms :)

And Baidu is just a repacked rom, not a customised one (yet).

Unluckily,Baidu gave up us.They will no longer make roms for us.It's too bad.

Guest andy/newbie

stock+ i have found to be the best by me if you need somting fast stable and all apps work very good. cm jb roms are ok but they are still in test versions so theres the odd bug or 2

Guest bilakos10

Just flashed stock+. So far it seems pretty smooth. Let's see what the battery stats are going to be.

There is a reason why the CM threads are stickied.

Well done, now you are considered a smart human! If you want to say something shitty just dont post replys...

Guest unaszplodrmann

Just flashed stock+. So far it seems pretty smooth. Let's see what the battery stats are going to be.

Well done, now you are considered a smart human! If you want to say something shitty just dont post replys...

Pot. Kettle. I simply stated that there is a reason why the CM threads are stickied. They provide a useful pointer for infrequent visitors to orient themselves amongst the mass of minor variants on Huawei's offerings in order that they find 3rd party firmware actually produced and maintained by capable developers.

As for those who say it's all merely a matter of opinion; we're talking technology, not philosophy, Daz's CM ports are technically superior.

So that stickers point users to superior roms?

Hmm. Since when are they sticked?

When was the time they became superior (meaning not just better - but being more above others)

And I mean techically so if an inferior rom, lets say few roms noted above, do their job very good

- what does the superior one do then.

Are we talking about perfect CMs? All three of them?

Are you sure? :unsure:

Guest bladebuddy

The post above your one is slightly confusing.

What Daz does is bring us the most up to date and popular rom's.

Now some of these are not always perfect , what you need to remember is Daz also works on other forums to bring the same rom's to them. It takes a lot of time to do this.

Cyanogen mod supported rom's usually run nightly builds to help provide us with a stable rom.

Daz is doing this pretty much by himself and supporting multiple rom's on different forums.

For that reason alone it should be pinned.

Pot. Kettle. I simply stated that there is a reason why the CM threads are stickied. They provide a useful pointer for infrequent visitors to orient themselves amongst the mass of minor variants on Huawei's offerings in order that they find 3rd party firmware actually produced and maintained by capable developers.

As for those who say it's all merely a matter of opinion; we're talking technology, not philosophy, Daz's CM ports are technically superior.

-1 my friend

Edited by kyan31

Too much hating creeping in guys.

What Daz and the team do is build from scratch. Their builds are as good as it's possible to make without having the source published like it's supposed to be.

Other builds we have for this phone are based on source builds. The ones from Huawei, it's obvious if you look through the threads which ones those are, are modifications to working builds. Some great improvements, enhancements and prettyfying. Lots of people here have contributed, and their efforts shouldn't go unrewarded.

Our other source builds are ground up rewrites. You couldn't really compare these with improved builds based on someone else's work. These just don't have the same time and effort put into them, although we're all very grateful for them and the hard work people have done to make them for us.

The ground up builds are all extremely restricted by the lack of source forthcoming from Huawei. Our devs freely admit these shortcomings. A benefit to us all from their hard work are the many discoveries that help boost performance in all roms.

Please don't cause hurt feelings trashing the very hard work of people. Understand the limitations, and don't make ignorant comments about how good something is compared to something else, when you're comparing apples with oranges.

What inevitably happens when you start these hate wars is we lose great contributers. No one wants that.

Edited by fr0do

No question about it, the best rom is my latest mod of B936. I call it "TWRock Mod - B936 r1". It's totally awesome man! Blazingly fast, silky smooth, rock stable, and it does things just the way I like it to. No bugs I've found yet. ;)

(No, you can't have it; it's mine.) :P

Seriously though, roms are a matter of taste. Everyone will have different tastes. Just enjoy them all, and remember to say "thank you" to the people who work hard to bring them to you!