[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest peetu20

New build.

cm-10.1-20130720-KonstaKANG-atlas40.zip

https://hotfile.com/...tlas40.zip.html

md5:ab6f107dfac40a46e67a11371ad7d3b7

-FM radio updates

---saved channels don't get lost on restart

---updated FM notification to look like something from Android 4.x

---don't hide FM app from recents view

-support for USB host mode and added mount point for external USB storage

-patched kernel against several exploits (CVE-2013-2094, CVE-2013-2596, CVE-2012-4220, CVE-2012-4221, CVE-2012-4222)

-CM10.1.2

Would you guide bit, how to use usb host mode? I mean, I dont think that we can use usb sticks, etc, with file managers?

Guest KonstaT

Would you guide bit, how to use usb host mode? I mean, I dont think that we can use usb sticks, etc, with file managers?

Just plug in a USB memory stick using USB OTG Y-cable with external power source. Storage is automatically mounted to /storage/usbdisk0 (also symlinked to /mnt/usbdisk and /usbdisk) and you can regularly access it with file managers. Go to Settings -> Storage, select Unmount SD card under USB storage section before you unplug the memory stick.

Mouses and keyboards - just plug and play (™ :P).

Guest peetu20

Just plug in a USB memory stick using USB OTG Y-cable with external power source. Storage is automatically mounted to /storage/usbdisk0 (also symlinked to /mnt/usbdisk and /usbdisk) and you can regularly access it with file managers. Go to Settings -> Storage, select Unmount SD card under USB storage section before you unplug the memory stick.

Mouses and keyboards - just plug and play (™ :P).

Umm, that means that I need to get my soldering iron from cabinet :P You soldered yours, right?, or where did you buy USB-OTG then?) Edited by peetu20

Guest KonstaT

Umm, that means that I need to get my soldering iron from cabinet :P You soldered yours, right?, or where did you buy USB-OTG then?)

No need to solder anything if you already have a regular OTG cable. Follow the link in the post I linked. ;)

Guest peetu20

No need to solder anything if you already have a regular OTG cable. Follow the link in the post I linked. ;)

Yeah, the question is where to get cable like that. Still would be nice to make it myself :P, its so easy job.

Guest peetu20

Does that in build prop mean that we have fm transmitter in our device: ro.fm.transmitter=false

Would it be possible to use Blade III as fm-transmitter, or does it need some more hardware?

Guest MJonMoDaCo

Wouldn't be a surprise if Windows needed some special drivers though.

:P

Yeah, well.... I suppose that there won't be any windows drivers for device c32102fa, now will there? Probably ever. Sorry mate. I should have known better. <_<

Works fine for me on Linux and I use it every day.

Translation: "Somebody needs to resurrect their Linux partition" Ah, yes... the torment.

It would only limit possible options so I'm not sure if it's a good idea. Afaik there's no way to lower the lowest volume any more.

:P

Bummer. But it's much better than having no FM Radio at all, so I'm actually very grateful, considering recent builds of CM10. Speaking of which, thanks very much for the update. I saw the changelog. That's impressive. I'll certainly be testing it later.

It's only a small thing, but I've been using the Australian radio frequency settings, and not New Zealand's, as I'm missing out on 3 stations that I listen to that fall between 107 and 108 MHz (These are usually Public Access level radio frequencies - populated mainly by community/student radio stations). It's no big deal so please don't hurry, as I'm using Australian Settings, so the workaround is quite acceptable in the meantime.

Great work KonstaT, your Rom close to perfect.

:)

He's right you know : )

Edited by MJonMoDaCo

Guest KonstaT

Does that in build prop mean that we have fm transmitter in our device: ro.fm.transmitter=false

Would it be possible to use Blade III as fm-transmitter, or does it need some more hardware?

Well, it's set to false so you might expect the opposite. ;) Setting it true will only let you access the transmitter part of Qualcomm's FM app. App sort of works but it doesn't actually transmit anything. I don't know if WCN2243 chip even has FM transmitter capabilities. Even if it did, it doesn't mean that there would be necessary antenna built for it in the device (transmitter doesn't use headset wire like FM receiver).

It's only a small thing, but I've been using the Australian radio frequency settings, and not New Zealand's, as I'm missing out on 3 stations that I listen to that fall between 107 and 108 MHz (These are usually Public Access level radio frequencies - populated mainly by community/student radio stations). It's no big deal so please don't hurry, as I'm using Australian Settings, so the workaround is quite acceptable in the meantime.

It doesn't make much of difference if you've selected the 'right' regional band for your country or something else. Selecting Europe (full 87.5-108 MHz range with 100 kHz steps) should work almost everywhere in the world (excluding Japan). I'm not going to start fixing these for each individual countries even though it would be really simple to do.

Guest peetu20

Well, it's set to false so you might expect the opposite. ;) Setting it true will only let you access the transmitter part of Qualcomm's FM app. App sort of works but it doesn't actually transmit anything. I don't know if WCN2243 chip even has FM transmitter capabilities. Even if it did, it doesn't mean that there would be necessary antenna built for it in the device (transmitter doesn't use headset wire like FM receiver)

Thats sad, it would be nice to use our device as fm transmitter. But I have understood that only Nokias N900 and N8 has fm transmitter(working one) so,why does Qualcomm then add fm transmitting part to app? I havent seen any android phone, which does have suitable radio chip for fm transmitting...

Guest KonstaT

Thats sad, it would be nice to use our device as fm transmitter. But I have understood that only Nokias N900 and N8 has fm transmitter(working one) so,why does Qualcomm then add fm transmitting part to app? I havent seen any android phone, which does have suitable radio chip for fm transmitting...

Would this be something? http://androidforums...tml#post4738164

It seems that ZTE Warp has same chip, and its able to transmit fm.

Maybe this is very stupid question and I am totally out of what am I talking about... :P

Maybe you should have read it more carefully. ;) It doesn't say anywhere that ZTE Warp has FM transmitter cababilities - only the opposite! Afaik Warp has a Broadcom chip anyway (I tried to help one of their devs with few things earlier).

Basically Qualcomm designs and manufactures SURF (subscriber unit reference) boards for their customers and they also provide full software implementation for these platforms (and they've open sourced this which is awesome!). It still doesn't mean that a device manufacturer (e.g. ZTE) who buys this solution (hardware + software) needs to follow the reference design. Individual hardware components are modular and replacable if they get a better bargain elsewhere.

Things like antenna design fall in the territory of the device manufacturer. With the number of different radios in modern devices (cell, wifi, bt, fm, nfc, etc) this gets challenging, time consuming, expensive and requires certain level of expertise. Some have even failed trying ('death grip' on iPhone) :P. FM transmitter is such a niche feature that almost every manufacturer is happy to leave it out because of the extra R&D costs.

FM app we're talking about is common to all Qualcomm reference platforms. At least WCN3660 of their chips has FM transmitter cababilities and it's quite widely used. It's easy to write software support for some purpose and simply disable it when it is not needed. At least a lot easier than to write and maintain separate software for each specific platform. It wouldn't be very wise to support something on the hardware level but not on the software. ;)

Guest peetu20

Maybe you should have read it more carefully. ;) It doesn't say anywhere that ZTE Warp has FM transmitter cababilities - only the opposite! Afaik Warp has a Broadcom chip anyway (I tried to help one of their devs with few things earlier).

Basically Qualcomm designs and manufactures SURF (subscriber unit reference) boards for their customers and they also provide full software implementation for these platforms (and they've open sourced this which is awesome!). It still doesn't mean that a device manufacturer (e.g. ZTE) who buys this solution (hardware + software) needs to follow the reference design. Individual hardware components are modular and replacable if they get a better bargain elsewhere.

Things like antenna design fall in the territory of the device manufacturer. With the number of different radios in modern devices (cell, wifi, bt, fm, nfc, etc) this gets challenging, time consuming, expensive and requires certain level of expertise. Some have even failed trying ('death grip' on iPhone) :P. FM transmitter is such a niche feature that almost every manufacturer is happy to leave it out because of the extra R&D costs.

FM app we're talking about is common to all Qualcomm reference platforms. At least WCN3660 of their chips has FM transmitter cababilities and it's quite widely used. It's easy to write software support for some purpose and simply disable it when it is not needed. At least a lot easier than to write and maintain separate software for each specific platform. It wouldn't be very wise to support something on the hardware level but not on the software. ;)

Sounds very complicated, and I think that I can live without fm transmitter now(or buy n900) , and buy bluetooth audio receiver or something :P

Guest KonstaT

A question for KonstaT.

What values "ro.product.locale.region=" are valid in your builds? (in build.prop)

PRODUCT_LOCALES := en_US fr_FR it_IT es_ES de_DE nl_NL cs_CZ pl_PL ja_JP zh_TW zh_CN ru_RU ko_KR nb_NO es_US da_DK el_GR tr_TR pt_PT pt_BR rm_CH sv_SE bg_BG ca_ES en_GB fi_FI hi_IN hr_HR hu_HU in_ID iw_IL lt_LT lv_LV ro_RO sk_SK sl_SI sr_RS uk_UA vi_VN tl_PH ar_EG fa_IR th_TH sw_TZ ms_MY af_ZA zu_ZA am_ET hi_IN ug_CN

https://github.com/l...ges_full.mk#L24

Guest papars

PRODUCT_LOCALES := en_US fr_FR it_IT es_ES de_DE nl_NL cs_CZ pl_PL ja_JP zh_TW zh_CN ru_RU ko_KR nb_NO es_US da_DK el_GR tr_TR pt_PT pt_BR rm_CH sv_SE bg_BG ca_ES en_GB fi_FI hi_IN hr_HR hu_HU in_ID iw_IL lt_LT lv_LV ro_RO sk_SK sl_SI sr_RS uk_UA vi_VN tl_PH ar_EG fa_IR th_TH sw_TZ ms_MY af_ZA zu_ZA am_ET hi_IN ug_CN

https://github.com/l...ges_full.mk#L24

Thanks for the info.

When I set to GR (ro.product.locale.region=GR) I get these errors:

WifiStateMachine: Failed to set country code GR

WifiStateMachine: Failed to set frequency band 0

I do not get any error if I set to EU (ro.product.locale.region=EU), I wonder why. Also, any idea what the following errors mean? I'm trying to figure out a problem I have with some routers and the phone is not connecting.

wpa_supplicant: wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd: failed to issue private commands

and

wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT status_code=1

The complete sequence is:

669 E wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'Home router'

669 E wpa_supplicant: wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd: failed to issue private commands

669 E wpa_supplicant: wpa_driver_nl80211_driver_cmd: failed to issue private commands

1932 I NetworkMonitor: Network changed: type(1) name(WIFI) isConnected : false noData: true bitrate:96

1932 I NetworkMonitor: Network changed: type(1) name(WIFI) isConnected : false noData: true bitrate:96

669 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT status_code=1

669 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Authentication with 00:00:00:00:00:00 timed out.

669 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: Trying to associate with SSID 'Work router'

669 I wpa_supplicant: wlan0: CTRL-EVENT-ASSOC-REJECT status_code=1

Furthermore if this happens (I try to connect and it fails) then turning off and on the wifi will result a frozen phone. I'm trying to capture this moment on log, but can't do through the phone - I'll try adb log when I'm near a PC.

Guest boros2222

Konstat, Yesterday my brother wanted to send me a picture via bluetooth. From his ZTE Blade 3 (with WorldEndBefore rom) to my ZTE Blade 3 (with your cm10.1). In his phone my name appeared, however if he tried to send me, it was always unsuccessful. Is it an issue?