[DEV][ROM][17.9.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

Guest KonstaT

Guest Otila

The card doesn't show up in android and if I tap mount SD card in Settings - Storage I get that Blank SD card message....

I ran ls -l /sdcard as root:

lrwxrwxrwx root root	 <today's date>

sdcard -> /storage/sdcard1

Did you reboot? What says "grep /storage /proc/mounts" (after reboot)?

try also "fdisk -l /dev/block/vold/179\:32"

Guest plantroon

Did you reboot? What says "grep /storage /proc/mounts" (after reboot)?

try also "fdisk -l /dev/block/vold/179\:32"

The first command: ... too much to rewrite it by hand

The second command: No such file or directory :(

I'm gonna continue trying to solve this tomorrow... thank you for ur time and help Otila :)

Guest Otila

fdisk (actually busybox) comes with the zip mentioned in this thread topic ([DEV][ROM][18.4.] Cyanogenmod 10.1) , I wonder what you are running?

Guest anuat02

Hello .. I already install this ROM on zte acqua... Run perfectly but but SD card just mount but not function.. all android data just put on sdEXt internal not on sdcard..all file in sdcard/android/data not mount... All my game data and app data cannot read on sdcard... What should I do because sdext internal just 2.5gb only, not enough for large game data.. Please help me, but your mod ROM run very perfect

Edited by anuat02

Guest plantroon

@Otila I already managed to get that SD card working through adb shell&busybox...I got angry so rm-ed some dev files from /dev/block haha .... Is there any way to get cfdisk on the phone? :D I'd also like to completely change the partitions I have there ... rly there's too much space for /cache imo

EDIT: ok, just repartioned, set up swap :) Finally the phone is working like a charm :) playing some games now :))) btw, my next phone is gonna be ZTE Apache :D .... One more thing I miss ... I cant use google voice typing with this ROM. . it says: Google Search has stopped. ... any way to fix that ??

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

@Otila I already managed to get that SD card working through adb shell&busybox...I got angry so rm-ed some dev files from /dev/block haha .... Is there any way to get cfdisk on the phone? :D I'd also like to completely change the partitions I have there ... rly there's too much space for /cache imo

Even if you manage to shrink it, you'd need to resize and recreate /data partition, too. (try "fdisk -l /dev/block/mmcblk0" ).

Not worth the trouble. But do as you wish, brick it if you want. :)

You'd also need to fix some scripts because they are device-dependent and use hardcoded numbering of the partitions instead of e.g. labels.

Guest Otila

EDIT: ok, just repartioned, set up swap :) Finally the phone is working like a charm :) playing some games now :))) btw, my next phone is gonna be ZTE Apache :D .... One more thing I miss ... I cant use google voice typing with this ROM. . it says: Google Search has stopped. ... any way to fix that ??

swap is on the sd card or..? is it any better with swap? swap is not probably encrypted, so sensitive data goes to your sd card now.

you fix that google search thingie by looking at logcat and/or kernel messages, then fixing the bug and submitting patches to KonstaT

Guest plantroon

I still can't stop playing with the phone :D what is /dev/block/mmcblk0? It's 4 gigs so I assume it's the phone's internal storage, am I right?

This is just too messy:

~ # cat /etc/fstab

/dev/block/mmcblk0p21 /cache ext4 rw

/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 /data ext4 rw

/dev/block/mmcblk0p19 /system ext4 rw

/dev/null /sdcard datamedia rw

/dev/block/mmcblk1p2 /sd-ext auto rw

/dev/block/mmcblk1p1 /external_sd vfat rw

Edited by plantroon

Guest Otila

I still can't stop playing with the phone :D what is /dev/block/mmcblk0? It's 4 gigs so I assume it's the phone's internal storage, am I right?

Yes. I have 185 MB partition mmcblk0p23 which is empty (contents are all zeroes) and seemingly unused, but takes 185 MB. What's the purpose of this?

Guest plantroon

Yes. I have 185 MB partition mmcblk0p23 which is empty (contents are all zeroes) and seemingly unused, but takes 185 MB. What's the purpose of this?

IDK what is the purpose of it ... there are too many partitions and on 4 GB internal memory every single megabyte of space is important, it should not be wasted like that...

I converted my sdcard to gpt using parted :)) and Im gonna do the same thing with the internal memory as soon as I'm sure it's safe...(I don't wanna use any fat partitions / msdos partition table ... I simply hate anything that M$ uses in their "os")

Guest Otila

IDK what is the purpose of it ... there are too many partitions and on 4 GB internal memory every single megabyte of space is important, it should not be wasted like that...

I converted my sdcard to gpt using parted :)) and Im gonna do the same thing with the internal memory as soon as I'm sure it's safe...(I don't wanna use any fat partitions / msdos partition table ... I simply hate anything that M$ uses in their "os")

GPT partition name -feature is a nice, but there's a lot of hacking to do if you want to convert your phone to use GPT on internal storage, and no real advantages.

Also, I don't know why by default GPT is not being used. Some Microsoft obsession as with defaulting to vfat on sd card?

Guest plantroon

M$ pays everyone to use their things :( Do u think I can remove those partitions and only create /system /data /cache /boot or will it brick the phone? I'd like to modify /etc/fstab as well but there is no nano or vi or any other text editor .. I've seen "tee" in /sys/bin though ....

Guest Otila

M$ pays everyone to use their things :( Do u think I can remove those partitions and only create /system /data /cache /boot or will it brick the phone? I'd like to modify /etc/fstab as well but there is no nano or vi or any other text editor .. I've seen "tee" in /sys/bin though ....

vi comes installed, my system does not have /etc/fstab or /sys/bin , I wonder what your system is..

Well, it will most probably brick the phone, but at least it's a cheap brick. For example, you are going to overwrite boot and recovery partitions? :blink:

It can't find partitions listed in recovery.fstab etc..

Guest plantroon

I have it running in adb shell now cos I formated /system so I don't have anything in the phone now :D Basically I wanna get rid of 20 partitions and get more space... that's all I want

Guest Otila

Getting rid of the partitions is the easy part, getting the system working again is the hard part. But you didn't want a working system, only more space, right?

You don't like SD cards, then? Or what in particular do you need to store in internal storage?

Guest plantroon

Getting rid of the partitions is the easy part, getting the system working again is the hard part. But you didn't want a working system, only more space, right?

You don't like SD cards, then? Or what in particular do you need to store in internal storage?

I just don't wanna have 20 partitions there that's all

Guest Hazelhoff

Hi! Normally, I have an sdcard directory on my filesystem, and the data from the apps get downloaded there. After I installed this rom, I have an sdcard0 and an sdcard1 directory on the same place. I think the sdcard0 is my internal storage and the other is my 16GB sd card. The data from the apps get installed in the sdcard0 directory which has not enough space, so I can't install any bigger games.

Is there a way to disable this wizardly mount point feature? I think I don't need this because my internal storage is 2GB which is enough.

If I can't disable this, is there any (preferably easy) workaround?

- Sorry for my english

Guest plantroon

Hi! Normally, I have an sdcard directory on my filesystem, and the data from the apps get downloaded there. After I installed this rom, I have an sdcard0 and an sdcard1 directory on the same place. I think the sdcard0 is my internal storage and the other is my 16GB sd card. The data from the apps get installed in the sdcard0 directory which has not enough space, so I can't install any bigger games.

Is there a way to disable this wizardly mount point feature? I think I don't need this because my internal storage is 2GB which is enough.

- Sorry for my english

Did you partition your sd card ? I also had the same problem I think but still I didn't find any time to solve it :(

Guest plantroon

No, I did not had to partition it with the previous versions, so I thought I don't have to with this one either.

You don't have to, I was just asking ... Srry I think I can't help u yet...

Guest KonstaT

.... One more thing I miss ... I cant use google voice typing with this ROM. . it says: Google Search has stopped. ... any way to fix that ??

Voice typing works fine for me.

Hello .. I already install this ROM on zte acqua... Run perfectly but but SD card just mount but not function.. all android data just put on sdEXt internal not on sdcard..all file in sdcard/android/data not mount... All my game data and app data cannot read on sdcard... What should I do because sdext internal just 2.5gb only, not enough for large game data.. Please help me, but your mod ROM run very perfect

- Sorry for my english

Internal/external storage is currently implemented in the only correct way. Only problem is that the available internal storage is rather small on our device (2,5GB).

There's still few oddities and differences between CM10 and CM10.1 that need to be looked into. E.g. mass storage mode works on CM10 but not on CM10.1. CM10.1 allows to change external as primary storage in storage_list.xml but everything will crash on CM10 if you do that...

I personally never preferred this. Previous method (only external sdcard) worked so much better for me (MTP-protocol is terrible with linux) but I caved in because of many requests to add this. Apparently you can't please everyone.

The last nand partition is used as internal sdcard on some devices. Partition layout on our device doesn't of course allow that. IMO it would have been much better solution than emulating storage on /data partition with fuse tool. Can't find any reason for the extraneous size though.

I just don't wanna have 20 partitions there that's all

You really think that all those partitions are unnecessary? How does a device boot without bootloaders? How about connectivity without radio firmware/modem?

Don't mess with any of that if don't know exactly what you're doing. You can't even change partition mapping from userspace. You'd need a lower level flasher for that (maybe with ZTE's DFU tool or QPST). I hope that you take your repartition endevour (and the bricked device that followed it :P) to a separate thread though. Last two pages here have been no way related to CM10.1...

Guest Otila

my cm-10.1 has rebooted twice when enabling wifi. it doesn't reboot instantly, have to wait a couple of mins.

in /proc/last_kmsg there is:

[04-20 17:43:56.175] SMSM: Modem SMSM state changed to SMSM_RESET.

[04-20 17:43:56.175] [23848: kworker/u:4]Notify: start reset

Guest plantroon

Voice typing works fine for me.

I got this fixed by updating google search. IDK why it didn't update automatically.

You really think that all those partitions are unnecessary? How does a device boot without bootloaders? How about connectivity without radio firmware/modem?

Isn't /system /boot /data enough? I really don't know what those other 20 partitions are good for ... radio doesn't work anyways xD

Don't mess with any of that if don't know exactly what you're doing. You can't even change partition mapping from userspace. You'd need a lower level flasher for that (maybe with ZTE's DFU tool or QPST). I hope that you take your repartition endevour (and the bricked device that followed it :P) to a separate thread though. Last two pages here have been no way related to CM10.1...

I'd really like someone as experienced as you to explain me how exactly android phone filesystem and other stuff work compared to a linux computer (I've been using archlinux but switched to ubuntu because of stability issues)