phone refuses to connect to network abroad

Guest rexmedorum

Guest rexmedorum

I have my g300 unlocked following guide here.

it refuses to connect to network abroad. It says that my sim card is not allowed to. In a different phone it works though.

Also it does not happen everywhere. In Switserland and the Netherlands I could connect. In Sweden it took 2 days but then it worked. In france I can't connect at all

any ideas?

Guest rexmedorum

perhaps that may be it. The last step when unlocking failed. I.e. my emei is 0. this is fine for my uk network though.

When I try to write the imei it just fails, the other step with that tool works though??

I guess I could give that a go.

I do actually have a backup, but if I put the backup back I also get the simlock back so that's useless

Do you mean your phone will be locked to the original network? I don't think that's the case if you have used an unlock code to unlock the phone for use on any network. Certainly I did that with my Vodafone (Ireland) G300 and never messed with the IMEI and it remains unlocked since I am on another network these days...

Guest rexmedorum

Do you mean your phone will be locked to the original network? I don't think that's the case if you have used an unlock code to unlock the phone for use on any network. Certainly I did that with my Vodafone (Ireland) G300 and never messed with the IMEI and it remains unlocked since I am on another network these days...

taht is exactly what happens. I of followed the guide on this forum rather than bought an unlock code.