[GB] [2.3.7] CyanogenMod 7 for 2030 baseband (26/02/2013)

Guest Romu_Android

Guest hippy dave

It takes up a lot less storage & RAM, it's really snappy - but you do miss a lot of features from newer versions. Last time I was using CM10 and 10.1, it was mostly a pleasure to use but suffered from sporadic lags that really got in the way. Currently I'm back on CM9, better features than CM7 but no real lags so far.

Edited by hippy dave

We had a discussion on a forum yesterday. Debate was about how smart it is to flash one GB/CM7 rom on a phone with 2030 baseband. Majority decided it's a rather risky move.

After that two such roms (uploaded there just the day before) were removed from that forum.

Drastic measure for sure, but the idea has its points.

On the other side Anzhi, a huge g300 (U8818 there) forum established such "unnatural" practice month ago.

Hard to tell with what success, but it is a present reality there.

This rom here is another example of such "bastard" OS.

Wether it will be without mean symptoms or not - time will tell.

Anyway, dont run into it - think twice and

in the meantime, have some fun :)

Edited by dakok

Guest Redflake

Risk of what. 3g reboots happen on all ics custom roms too. Just saying there's no risk of bricking the phone. Just flash another rom or restore a backup.

Edited by Redflake

Guest dannchelu

Risk of what. 3g reboots happen on all pics custom rooms too. Just saying there's no risk of bricking the phone. Just flash another from or restore a backup.

i tried that but no signal.

now try to upgrade to b952 official and then if not works i will try to downgrade to gb

do you know where i can find a link to b937 or 936 huawei update.app ?

it seems that my vodafone sim is dead, problem solved :P

Edited by dannchelu

• 2 months later...
Guest CoSmEeN

same happend to me... got CM 10.1 before trying this one...did every step of the instructions but it just freezes on boot image after a while