Help choosing a rom

Guest holborn

Guest holborn

So here's the deal, I'm gonna give the phone to my sister.

This means that after handing it over I can't go messing with it. So what I need is a stable/reliable/usable rom, meaning

no lost phone calls, reboots or whatever +not a rom that drains the battery.

Right now I have a cm10.1 because I just like to try the latest, but frankly it just doesn't work. There's times that someone called me and couldn't

answer because of the lag. If that happens to her she'll just return and be done with it.

She is coming from a dumb phone. She'll be happy just to have a browser.

What do you suggest? Please provide a link if possible.

Thanks in advance

Guest peetu20

Use daemonds cm10, everything works fine, battery life is pretty good, it it supersmooth, and stable, i have got 1 reboot in about 2 months!

Guest lcf80

Get CM10-20130226 by daemond - best ROM I've tried so far, including official CM 7.2 and few unofficial ports of CM10.1. It's smooth, stable, has no bloatware attached, and no problems with S2E (simple2ext).

Guest lcf80

This.

Official CM 7.2 for Blade was lagging even when unlocking the screen or scrolling the app list (did full wipe before installing, was using default settings and launcher). None of these happening to me on latest CM10 by daemond.

Official CM 7.2 for Blade was lagging even when unlocking the screen or scrolling the app list (did full wipe before installing, was using default settings and launcher). None of these happening to me on latest CM10 by daemond.

I was only agreeing to "stick to CM7" :)

Guest holborn

Well, I tried 2 roms based on the comments.. Eco CM7, and daemond's CM10. gapps and no more than 2-3 extra apps.

While CM10 seems usable, it took a while to launch stuff, and continued to do so even after an app had already been launched,

which worried me on what will happen after days of usage and many more apps loaded.

On CM7, the phone really flies. No time needed to settle things after booting, nothing. You hit the dialer, dialer comes up instantly. web browser; bam.

Really you just can't beat that. That's how a phone should work. I'm happy.

I've dressed it up a bit with some a couple of fancy widgets and must have apps and it's off my hands now. Farewell old friend.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Guest t0mm13b

Well, I tried 2 roms based on the comments.. Eco CM7, and daemond's CM10. gapps and no more than 2-3 extra apps.

While CM10 seems usable, it took a while to launch stuff, and continued to do so even after an app had already been launched,

which worried me on what will happen after days of usage and many more apps loaded.

On CM7, the phone really flies. No time needed to settle things after booting, nothing. You hit the dialer, dialer comes up instantly. web browser; bam.

Really you just can't beat that. That's how a phone should work. I'm happy.

I've dressed it up a bit with some a couple of fancy widgets and must have apps and it's off my hands now. Farewell old friend.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

Why not search for t0mm13bROM? :)