Orange's own-brand Android phones set to return to the UK?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

Orange has recently announced 3 new own-brand Android phones for Europe... and our sources tell us that they may be offered in the UK on prepay too!

The phones, the Lumo, Nivo and San Remo are primarily intended for Romania, Slovakia and Spain, however it seems as though we may see them here too, following on from Orange's previous fantastic success with the own-brand Monte Carlo. In Spain, the Monte Carlo was actually Orange's top selling phone in 2012!

The Orange Lumo is the first ever 4G Orange own-brand Smartphone, with super-fast LTE connection speeds, a 4.5” screen, 8MP camera and running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

The Orange San Remo is the first 'large format' Orange smartphone, featuring a 4.7” display and slim design at only 8.2mm thickness, packing a 8MP camera and also running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

The Orange Nivo targest the 'youth and first smartphone' (read: low cost) markets with a 4” display, 5MP camera, again running Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).

The three smartphones that Orange is launching represent the breadth of devices that Orange customers are seeking, from high-end 4G devices for demanding customers to powerful entry-level smartphones for those seeking an affordable device without compromising on experience.

Let's hope 'without compromising on experience' means 'Orange aren't going to load too much operator crap on there'. ;)

We'll keep our ears to the ground for information on which model(s) will make it here and potential release dates and pricing.

Check out the official information PDF for full specs / pictures of the devices.

[Via: Orange]

Click here to view the item

those specs look nice. No info on how much ram they have though. Hope some or all have 1gb instead of 512mb. Alcatel release their sourcecode which is good, but their software is buggy, atleast with the alcatel 983 which i got for £35. If they could sell 1 or more of these for less than £100 they will be on to a winner.

Guest domenico lamberti

wouldnt mind the San Remo, i mean i wouldnt get rid of my Nexus 4,but my little brothers San Fran 2 needs to be retired

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.