HELP: Request Official Unlock of ICS Bootloader

Guest jsevi83

Guest predragiPredrag

You need to root first to upgrade from baseband 109808 (Gingerbread Huawei ROM) to 2030 (Ice Cream Sandwich Huawei ROM). As this update unroots your phone, you have to re-root it. Hence rooting twice.

The guide tells you to re-root first and then unlock the bootloader but I don't think the order is that important. Actually the reverse order would make more sense since some phones (eg HTC, iirc) have locked bootloaders preventing you to install any root app.

Ooooo :) so guide is written for GB versions, that is why there is double rooting. Ok, since I am on stock ICS, unlocking bootloader and then rooting will be the path for me.

Guest smweb

I have been trying to download all day but kept getting 404 forbidden as I am on giffgaff until half an hour age when I tethered to my laptopg

ONLY TO FINED HUAWEI SENT ME THE WRONG CODE.

Thanks denzele I will keep that in mined for any future adventures lol never maybe used command prompt once or twice about a year ago when I got my ZTE Crescent

Back to my hacked boot loader for now reboots don't seem to frequent an AOKP

Yes for fastboot to succeed you would require the folder adb toolkit containing fastboot.exe as told by @denzele

Well Huawei sent me a 16 digit unlock code this morning but its all numbers, so reading the posts I assume that is the network unlock as it doesn't contain any letters.

Strangely though the unlock code is different to the original network unlock code that I purchased on ebay (which worked). Is that because I am now on ICS instead of GB? My IMEI has not changed.

Anyway, back to email Huawei again...

Well that was quick. Huawei got back to me within the hour with this email and 16 digit code with letters and numbers.

Sounds a bit vague (please try this code to test!). I'll give it a go later when I get a chance.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Please try to use the code as CE############## to test.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Can you show an example of this email please? Just received code like you, only numbers..

I just hit reply email to pub_mobile ([email protected]) and wrote this...

Hello,

You have sent me the wrong code. I want unlock the BOOTLOADER. You have sent me the code to unlock the network.

Please can you send me the code to unlock the BOOTLOADER. You have given my friends the correct code.

I will resend the information in this email.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: ################

S/N: ################

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3), not in Gingerbread.

Thank you.

Guest telonius

Got wrong code too today this morning. It was all numbers. Have sent them an email now waiting for the proper code. I wonder how they manage to get this wrong all the time :P

Guest PrFirmin

Well I made it very clear in my email: "Could you please send me the unlock code for the bootloader?"

They would have been blind not to see that ^_^

Guest predragiPredrag

I have send them email 1 hour ago, and they have send me my unlock code 1 minute ago :D I think I hold record for fastest respond from Huawei :D

I have send them email 1 hour ago, and they have send me my unlock code 1 minute ago :D I think I hold record for fastest respond from Huawei :D

Actually they replied to me in 26 minutes (according to the time stamps on the emails). :P

Guest hippy dave

After another week and another two or three pestering emails, they've finally sent me a code that has letters and numbers, so hopefully it's the right one this time. Won't be testing it until I'm back home in a few days tho.

Guest Andymac1969

Lucky sods, i am chasing and chasing them, today is the first time I have got any acknowledgement off then, I suppose that is progress

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting Huawei device.

We has retailed your needs to our correlative department.

And there will have expert to help you with your needs in three working days.

Please wait a period of time.

Once again thank you for contacting Huawei device.

Best Regards.

Huawei Device Customer Care Team.

Guest lejkabasz

I just hit reply email to pub_mobile ([email protected]) and wrote this...

Hello,

You have sent me the wrong code. I want unlock the BOOTLOADER. You have sent me the code to unlock the network.

Please can you send me the code to unlock the BOOTLOADER. You have given my friends the correct code.

I will resend the information in this email.

Here are the required details--

Model: U8815 / Ascend G300

IMEI: ################

S/N: ################

Baseband: I am on ICS official (4.0.3), not in Gingerbread.

Thank you.

Cheers mate. I got the code and unlocked it.

It's clear that we do this at own risk, but:

Whether this that we gave device details (IMEI, S/N) will have influence for guarantee limitations in the future?

Cheers mate. I got the code and unlocked it.

It's clear that we do this at own risk, but:

Whether this that we gave device details (IMEI, S/N) will have influence for guarantee limitations in the future?

I doubt it. My phone is a year old in July so it will be out of guarantee anyway.

Guest soul_0830

OK. Got the bootloader unlock key from Huawei after 6-7 mails.

- First they sent me the network unlock key

- Then they sent me a wrong bootloader unlock key

- Finally they sent me the correct key.

After unlocking the bootloader I ran ClockworkG300.exe and got my CWM recovery back.

Used restore to restore everything back to CM 10.

Guest denzele
OK. Got the bootloader unlock key from Huawei after 6-7 mails.

- First they sent me the network unlock key

- Then they sent me a wrong bootloader unlock key

- Finally they sent me the correct key.

After unlocking the bootloader I ran ClockworkG300.exe and got my CWM recovery back.

Used restore to restore everything back to CM 10.

I'm afraid restoring old CWM rom you will still have 3G reboots (well at least in my case)..only fresh clean install after unlocking official bootloader will work...let me know after few days

Guest rebas

I got only numeric number. Still works fine!

Finally, I have officially unlocked bootloader. No more 2g/3g restarts.

Thank you all for your help.

Guest hippy dave

New code still doesn't work, I still don't know whether the code's wrong or whether it's because of my previous badword about.

Those of you who have succeeded in unlocking your bootloader, did you ever zero your IMEI?

Guest soul_0830

I'm afraid restoring old CWM rom you will still have 3G reboots (well at least in my case)..only fresh clean install after unlocking official bootloader will work...let me know after few days

Thanks for the heads-up denzele,

Will keep an eye out for it and let you know how it is going.