Wifi issue on Acqua with Blade III ROMs

Guest KonstaT

Guest epyloxias

I noticed that the WiFi stays awake for 15 minutes and then turns off. And I cannot change the settings of time limitation. Are there any other options?

Guest scotous

Had the same problem with the konsta version on ZTE Acqua Wind Version Greek and i tried the rom u suggested above and it works great so far.!

Guest epyloxias

I noticed that the WiFi stays awake for 15 minutes and then turns off. And I cannot change the settings of time limitation. Are there any other options?

On the other hand it stays awake for about 5 minutes (terribly slow) and then falls asleep (an alternative way by saying "crashes")!

Although, if I turn on DATA it works normally (faster, much faster) without disconnections.

Strange...

Guest and84

I tried again but no luck, neither partition gets the wifi working on a portuguese TMN A15 on both CM10.1 and the new PACman ROM.

I'm stuck with stock and can't update to the latest official or I'll lose root :\

Guest epyloxias

I tried again but no luck, neither partition gets the wifi working on a portuguese TMN A15 on both CM10.1 and the new PACman ROM.

I'm stuck with stock and can't update to the latest official or I'll lose root :\

Î¥ou are lucky. You have the latest update availiable but here in Greece we are stuck in August 2012...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest epyloxias
Well I think I found the solution for Greek Acqua wifi disconnections. Go here http://forums.androi...update-try.html and read the instructions. The only difference is that I CHECKED the box.

And it's much faster and more stable (not even one disconnection for the past 20!!!! minutes)

Nope!!! Still the same things... I suppose it was temporary... Still disconnects time to time... :(

Guest epyloxias
Also I notice that "ro.product.name" value in build.prop affects the wifi behavior. It might sound strange but I wanted to change the value from "atlas40" to something else and it killed wifi. Setting back to "atlas40" brought back wifi operation.

Well, I did the same thing, only that I noticed that it MUST be same as "device".

So I renamed both of them in Acqua, and I have wifi connection. Kinda slow but seems to be stable for the moment...

Guest epyloxias

Well, I did the same thing, only that I noticed that it MUST be same as "device".

So I renamed both of them in Acqua, and I have wifi connection. Kinda slow but seems to be stable for the moment...

Perhaps it could be the partitions... Who knows... Now I changed to Slovak ones and its kinda faster...

(Its like I 'm giving a battle with none beside me)...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest alfcup

Hello

Had the latest version of TMN Portugal.

I installed the 4.2.2 rom JB by KonstaT and everything is working correctly.

I'm working on this version for more than 1 month without problems.

Guest epyloxias
Hello

No wifi disconnections?

Can you upload portuguese partitions for acqua so I can test them?

Guest and84

Hello

Maybe you could dump the partitions or something so that other people can use them? It seems it's a hit or miss with this model

Guest epyloxias
There is no need for dumping the partitions. You can find in the original TMN updates.

You mean to extract them from TMN or direct installation of TMN?

Guest papars

You can extract them from the original TMN update.zip.

I might find time to do this sometime next week. But I do not believe this will solve the wifi problem.

I have loaded the Blade III partitions in my acqua and the wifi behavior did not change.

There are some partitions that we do not know their contents and if these affect the phone behavior.

For example:

mmcblk0p4

mmcblk0p11

mmcblk0p12

mmcblk1

etc

edit: TMN partitions here: https://dl.dropboxus...-Partitions.zip [flash from CWM at your own risk]

Edited by papars

Guest and84

You can extract them from the original TMN update.zip.

I might find time to do this sometime next week. But I do not believe this will solve the wifi problem.

I have loaded the Blade III partitions in my acqua and the wifi behavior did not change.

There are some partitions that we do not know their contents and if these affect the phone behavior.

For example:

mmcblk0p4

mmcblk0p11

mmcblk0p12

mmcblk1

etc

edit: TMN partitions here: https://dl.dropboxus...-Partitions.zip [flash from CWM at your own risk]

Thanks! I'll try them as soon as I can and report back

Guest papars

I've tested all available partitions from Blade-3 and Acqua to find any difference in my wifi behavior.

I have 2 wifi routers side by side.

One Fritz and one Belkin (without password or encryption).

With stock firmware it connects to both straight away, no problem what so ever.

With CM10 / CM10.1 it only connects to the Fritz. No matter what I try I can't get it to connect to Belkin.

I've been trying to figure out why, by capturing the wifi packets but although on the Fritz is a straight forward process, I can't figure out how to do it properly on the Belkin.

In any case I start to believe there is a bug in the CM10.x that the developer hasn't come across.

I also find something interesting.

In build.prop there is this setting:

ro.product.name=atlas40

Changing this to something else will kill wifi completely.

Guest alfcup

I've tested all available partitions from Blade-3 and Acqua to find any difference in my wifi behavior.

I have 2 wifi routers side by side.

One Fritz and one Belkin (without password or encryption).

With stock firmware it connects to both straight away, no problem what so ever.

With CM10 / CM10.1 it only connects to the Fritz. No matter what I try I can't get it to connect to Belkin.

I've been trying to figure out why, by capturing the wifi packets but although on the Fritz is a straight forward process, I can't figure out how to do it properly on the Belkin.

In any case I start to believe there is a bug in the CM10.x that the developer hasn't come across.

I also find something interesting.

In build.prop there is this setting:

ro.product.name=atlas40

Changing this to something else will kill wifi completely.

Why don't you install latest TMN firmware, root it, wipe all and then install CM 10.1.

It works with me.

Guest epyloxias

Why don't you install latest TMN firmware, root it, wipe all and then install CM 10.1.

It works with me.

no wifi disconnections?

Guest papars

It works with me.

Makes no difference. It still connects to some routers and to several is not connecting.

In the meantime I made a test to determine if the wifi range on my acqua with CM10.x is limited. I had the feeling there was a reduction in the wifi range but I was mistaken.

I spend few days with a computer, my acqua and a tablet in a remote place with bad wifi reception area. To my surprise the acqua had the best behavior from all the three devices. Not only it connected without problem, it did not even disconnect at all. With the tablet I had very frequent disconnects and with the laptop I had dropouts all the time. During that period I had to charge the phone 2 times a day, felt like the wifi was working full power to provide its services.

I will keep on trying to figure out the wifi connection problem.

@alfcup Maybe you have a faulty phone. I see no disconnections, It either connects or is not connecting at all.

What's your signal like? Did you check with wifi analyser or inssider? Maybe in your area you have interference.

Guest and84

I tried the TMN partitions with no luck, it still doesn't connect to Wifi.

On a portuguese forum a user claims that ZTE told him there will be an update to 4.0.4 but no JB...