• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Wifi issue on Acqua with Blade III ROMs

87 posts in this topic

Posted

no wifi disconnections?

No. It´s working fine with all routers.

@alfcup Maybe you have a faulty phone. I see no disconnections, It either connects or is not connecting at all.

What's your signal like? Did you check with wifi analyser or inssider? Maybe in your area you have interference.

I don't have any problem at all. Depending the distance i always have a strong signal.

Posted

So, flashing the TMN B04 and after that the most recent ROM by KonstaT will make wifi work ?

Posted (edited)

I installed the TMN B04 update and then I flashed the CWM, rooted, and installed this ROM... And yes, now it's working :o I don't know how the TMN B04 update fixed the issue on KonstaT ROM's but yeah, it's working!

Edited by Di0g0

Posted

Unfortunately, it didn't work in my case..

Still the phone refuses to connect to several routers.

Posted

Mine connects, but sometimes is not stable... With some random disconnects, but it connects and I can download apps / use skype.

Posted

Unfortunately, it didn't work in my case..

Still the phone refuses to connect to several routers.

Maybe a different hardware revision...

Posted

I have 2 acqua. One about 6 months older than the other. The older phone, no matter what official version I install, with CM10.x WiFi does not work no matter what. It simply refuses to connect to any router. But this phone is my wife's and I didn't experiment much.

The newer phone started working on some WiFi routers after I installed the Slovak official update. I still believe there is a kernel problem. Wifi is sending corrupt packages.

I have also loaded several blade 3 partitions without any improvement.

Posted (edited)

Papers, my phone behaves like yours. It will connect to some routers but not others, despite flashing many stock roms and the Slovak recovery partitions. I think I may just try the German rom, then Egyptian for one last try.

But full credit to KonstaT. Being able to use CM and CWM on these phones is awesome.

Edited by Skinz1984

Posted

Papers, my phone behaves like yours. It will connect to some routers but not others, despite flashing many stock roms and the Slovak recovery partitions. I think I may just try the German rom, then Egyptian for one last try.

But full credit to KonstaT. Being able to use CM and CWM on these phones is awesome.

G'day! I take it that you already tried the NZ version too? I'm only asking because l don't have any problems connecting to any routers thus far. Not sure why, and its thoroughly confusing. But I'm still trying, just like you, just to see if they'll work at all. I'm having troubles getting downloads with reasonable integrity for a start, so I have to download via PC. Perhaps the baseband is part of the problem. BTW do you have a stock ROM available for your phone? I tried to search Zte and Telstra sites with no luck. A bit of a worry.

Posted

I tested 3 phones and all three refuse to connect to 2 different belkin rooters (and some others but I have only the belkin right now in front of me). There is no problem with the official ROM. With official ROM it connects to anything I tried.

Is not related to the partitions. I tested all I could find from ACQUA and BLADE III. Same result.

So I started logging the wifi traffic.

With CM10.x ROMs there is a problem. The phone is sending requests to connect but the router is not responding. I compared the packets from 2 routers - one fritz that it connects and one from belkin and they have different header. But I need somebody that knows 802.11 framing to understand what is wrong.

Here is when it tries to connect to the Belkin router.

It sends 10 association requests and the router is not responding.

post-996579-0-63854400-1378048516_thumb.

One the other hand when I try to connect to the fritz router is connects after one request.

post-996579-0-42904500-1378048555_thumb.

Go figure.

I might need to compare the frames between the official ROM and CM10.x but I do not have the knowledge neither to understand the problem nor to fix it.

Posted

@MJonModaco - the stock nz, Portuguese and Slovak roms work fine on Wifi, but as soon as I flash the CM rom, I can't connect at home. I have a nandroid backup of my testra rom, but you are right that there is no stock rom on the ZTE or testra sites.

@papars - interesting what you have found. Seems to match my experience. It's odd that it works with some routers and not others in cm10

Posted

Let's link that fix gentlemen.

Can't believe it was as easy as that. But I also find it strange it didn't work earlier. It had passed my mind a month ago but I didn't think I could add it without having the ROM resigned (I added manually here with a zip program), thinking I'd get a status error if I tried installing it, so I never bothered.