[LEAK] JellyBean 1.063.00 WW_GEN1

Guest wimmme

Guest wimmme

Guest rjscosta

Is anyone with an EMEA_FR phone getting the OTA update?

I rooted mine, did the "Temp Unroot" but it keeps saying its up to date.

Guest rjscosta

By waves? Do they release OTA updates by IMEI groups or what?

I'm in Portugal, the Cloudmobile is not sold at local stores and Expansys sends us in Portugal the FR version, instead of the World Wide.

I think vache has uploaded the official JB upgrade file for the FR version on his site:

http://vache-android.com/?dir=Smartphones/CloudMobile/JellyBean/EMEA_FR/SDs_Acer_S500_AV051.RV00RB00_AV051.RV18RB01_EMEA_FR

I will try to install it.

By waves? Do they release OTA updates by IMEI groups or what?

I'm in Portugal, the Cloudmobile is not sold at local stores and Expansys sends us in Portugal the FR version, instead of the World Wide.

I think vache has uploaded the official JB upgrade file for the FR version on his site:

http://vache-android...V18RB01_EMEA_FR

I will try to install it.

Last changed: 27.12.12 12:37:22

Somehow I think that that is not the official OTA update...

Guest rjscosta

Last changed: 27.12.12 12:37:22

Somehow I think that that is not the official OTA update...

Missed that detail. Browsing on the phone the date is not visible.

Edited by rjscosta

Guest wimmme

Someone else experiencing some lag after pressing the unlock/power button on top ? The same I experience when i get a Phone call, it seems like the Phone goes into a deeper sleep then before and needs some time to settle. This is a very unpleasant feeling, you cannot unlock or pick up a Phone immediately. Before I ram the leaked ROM which didn't have this behaviour.

Guest PhilippeRaimo

So after my last S500 that was bricked, expansys sent me an EMEA_FR here to Greece which is a stupid move of them just to get rid of me I think..

Anyway, has anyone tried the JB EMEA_FR file uploaded by vache?

Is there any way I can import Greek for SMS?

The JB EMEA_FR file on vache's ftp is an OLD version that was compiled early december so just forget it. There is an official JB update for EMEA_FR that some people had but nobody took the time of recovering the ota update file.

We have, however, the final WW_GEN1 JB file. I've posted it a few posts up.

Guest PhilippeRaimo

Well I have flashed the old file from vache.. It seems to work properly with some minor problems that don't affect the device.

If I could I would flash the

Cirrus ROM v1.0.5b...

Yes I saw the WW_GEN1 JB file but it is not supported by EMEA_FR and needs "cooking" witch I don't know how to do it.

So in the end, I will just wait for a miracle and finally get the EMEA_FR OTA update.

You won't get the OTA using that old leaked ROM. If you want the OTA keep the original ICS ROM and don't root.

And using the GEN1 doesn't require any cooking. We have several ways to flash it and they are as safe/Easy as flashing the leaked you just installed.

Guest PhilippeRaimo

Ok then paugustin. If we can flash the GEN1 on EMEA_FR we would love to hear what to do my friend!

So if it's possible can it be flashed on the LEAKED JB EMEA_FR or first flash the original ICS?

Sorry for my questions. I am new to android..

Thank you!

Guest vidox

sorry paugustin, to flash the gen1 update i need a custom recovery or can i flash it through the original one?

and then, i should flash the old leak before or can i flash the last on the stock 4.0.4 emea fr?

thanks

Guest PhilippeRaimo

sorry paugustin, to flash the gen1 update i need a custom recovery or can i flash it through the original one?

and then, i should flash the old leak before or can i flash the last on the stock 4.0.4 emea fr?

thanks

You can flash it with the original recovery that is what I did..

I already had the leaked version but I think the OTA update should flash directly on stock ICS.. You can give it a try..