Touchscreen problems

Guest philharle

Guest philharle

Been having problems with the touchscreen on my San Diego 'locking up'. It initially started happening when I was running the Xolo ICS build (not rooted).

I could be using the phone, then the screen would stop responding to any touch at all. You could press the power button and it'd respond with the menu, but all you could do then is long press to turn it off. Occasionally restarting the phone would bring the touch back to life. Other times the phone would start up then immediately report 0% battery (even when it had loads of charge) then shut down.

I sent it back for repair, and it returned with the Orange ICS build, and the casing and screen was replaced. It worked fine for about 4 weeks so I've not replaced the ROM or rooted it, but it's now started doing the same symptoms again.

I thought it might have been a software issue, but having reset it and it's running the Orange ROM with no additional apps, I guess not. I'm going to send it away for repair again, but it's getting very frustrating. Has anyone had similar problems before?

Cheers

Edited by philharle

• 2 weeks later...
Guest philharle

An update on the situation:

I received the phone back from repair today and it's had it's mainboard replaced. Hopefully this fixes the issue!

Guest glossywhite

An update on the situation:

I received the phone back from repair today and it's had it's mainboard replaced. Hopefully this fixes the issue!

I hope it continues to work for you, without issue :)

Take care.

• 1 month later...
Guest xolo x900_2

Been having problems with the touchscreen on my San Diego 'locking up'. It initially started happening when I was running the Xolo ICS build (not rooted).

I could be using the phone, then the screen would stop responding to any touch at all. You could press the power button and it'd respond with the menu, but all you could do then is long press to turn it off. Occasionally restarting the phone would bring the touch back to life. Other times the phone would start up then immediately report 0% battery (even when it had loads of charge) then shut down.

I sent it back for repair, and it returned with the Orange ICS build, and the casing and screen was replaced. It worked fine for about 4 weeks so I've not replaced the ROM or rooted it, but it's now started doing the same symptoms again.

I thought it might have been a software issue, but having reset it and it's running the Orange ROM with no additional apps, I guess not. I'm going to send it away for repair again, but it's getting very frustrating. Has anyone had similar problems before?

Cheers

Did they change the glass too???

Guest xolo x900_2

Mmm I want to know if the glass on the screen as well as the touchscreen was replaced... I have scratches on my phone and I'm really sad about it... I planned on replacing the screen but it'll cost me $105... So my phone has a touchscreen issue and so I thought maybe if they'll do that I'll get a free glass replacement too...

Guest mr-nipples

I just got mine back from a button repair, the glass, bezel and back was replaced! But the silver rim is the same :S

Guest xolo x900_2

Lucky guys... I got scratches and xolo says I have to pay $105 for the fu**ing glass... I'm negotiating with them for a free replacement... Pray for me please... I now take an oath to put a screen protector if my phone's glass is replaced...