SD card update?

Guest andypag

Guest andypag

I've got a B952 build on my phone (baseband 2030) ICS version 4.0.3

and I've just gone from using a 2GB card to "Trying" to use a 32GB card. The phone doesn't like it but offers me an SD Card Update. Except when I try to confirm the package, it is there it isn't.

Any suggestions where I can find an SD card upgrade package for this ROM, or an alternative ROM that will allow me to use a 32GB card?

Thanks.

Guest dalyer

Are you switching your phone on normally and it takes you into the update utility or something?

If you are having problems getting your sdcard working with the G300 then I wonder if aligning the partition and/or formatting as follows might help at all?

I'm assuming that it's a genuine and reliable 32GB card as there are plenty of cheapo duds out there.

Guest andypag

The SD card was pretty cheap but it works everywhere else I use it. Have tried formatting with FAT32, and Ext2.

The software update option is avaialable under settings>storage but as I say it doesn't have any package to refer too.

Guest kyan31

The SD card was pretty cheap but it works everywhere else I use it. Have tried formatting with FAT32, and Ext2.

The software update option is avaialable under settings>storage but as I say it doesn't have any package to refer too.

That option is for updating the phone itself, via the sd card. For example you need to use this option when updating to stock ICS.

Guest andypag

Thanks Hardcore.

I try putting the card in, but when I click on Mount Drive, it just goes through some processing and then fails to mount the drive.

Guest penthaler

Put MSD to pc and format it with PANASONIC SD FORMATER app (you can find it for free on google search).

DONT CREATE EXT2 and JUST INSERT that formated card to switched-off-phone... Just start it and wait.

Phone itself could use MSD as primary storage (for installing games/apps/storing game data), do not need to create EXT2 partition for nothing (using with link2sd etc)