Random reboots

Guest Prestodus

Guest Prestodus

Hey,

I have alot of random reboots.

They happen all the time, not just at certain events.

They even happen when I'm not doing anything, when the blade is in my pocket.

After the reboot, the battery percentage is always alot lower than it should be.

Does anyone have a fix for this, or should I claim warranty?

Guest DiegordC

I had the same problem. Every ROM that I tried was the same. And when I returned to stock ROM, same thing happend.

When I first returned to stock, everything was ok. But, after CM10, stock is a piece of crap:) So I RESTORED back CM10, reboots started. I went back to the stock and reboots happend even then. Then I wiped everything, flashed CM10 (24.2.) and since I flashed it, more then a week now, not a single reboot happend. "Performance" part was not touched, better be safe than sorry:)

Is it kernel thing or hardware thing, I do not know. I don't know how are kernels flashed here since everything is in a ROM. Maybe when we flashed one ROM with bad kernel, that kernel stayed even after we flashed different ROM. I'm not a pro, not a dev, do not take my words seriously:)

When I change ROM-s to Xperia Arc, first I need to flash a kernel, then a ROM.

Can someone here can explain that better, about kernel flashing?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest iggytod

i have the same problem too and since i'm a newbie, can anyone provide me step-by-step guide how to flash stock rom? thanks in advance

Edited by iggytod

Guest Something Wierd

same as flashing cm10 or any other rom.just put it in your sd card do a factory reset,format system and instal zip from sd card.

Guest iggytod

I need to root it firs, how? Where to find stock rom zip file (link please)? Can I flash it from stock recovery or I need CWM? Step-by-step will be great :)

Guest Prestodus

It's gotten worst now... I got no service as well.

I am trying to flash the stock rom, but it says it found an error in update.zip :/.

Guest zloduh

so far got 4 random reboots on stock rom, it is considerably less than on 10.1 but it still happens.

I didnt install any new apps just updated the stock installed ones via Google play and did sync with my Google account.

This can really be a phone issue, but maybe the stock rom isn't putting enough stress on phone hardware

Guest kyan31

I don't own this phone, but with the Huawei ascend G300, there are also random reboots. It turns out they are caused when you unlock the bootloader, maybe that explains something?

Edited by kyan31

Guest GizmoTheGreen

I don't own this phone, but with the Huawei ascend G300, there are also random reboots. It turns out they are caused when you unlock the bootloader, maybe that explains something?

bootloader was never locked on this device though?

Guest timjon

Hmm, I have exactly the same problem. New Blade III from Virgin Mobile UK, was fine for about a month, but in the last few weeks it's started spontaneously rebooting several times a day - and as Prestodus comments, after rebooting, the battery level reads much lower than it should. Power cycling the phone manually then (mostly) restores the "missing" battery level.

This phone is still vanilla - stock rom, not unlocked, not rooted. So it looks like that rules out any ROM problems. Might be a firmware bug of some kind? I'm now rather tempted to return it, since it looks like it's a persistent issue with this model... having said that, most people don't seem to have problems, so perhaps it's a manufacturing error only affecting some phones?

Guest zloduh

i have tried everything to understand the reboots and finally it went back to network where i got it. i hope they offer new phone tho mine was only 2 months old, but i would like an option to change phones now. this global random reboots doesn't sound very promising to me.

problem is by our laws they can keep my phone in the service for 45 days max before giving me new phone if it cant be fixed.

Guest zloduh

Just got a reply about my phone in the service, i didn't know but my friends mobile service shop is licensed ZTE service for our country and he told me after i gave him my imei number that on my blade 3 they had to replace main board.

Guess that it was a botched series of phones because there was no water/physical/software that caused reboot. Also he told me that they can see if there was custom rom installed before i returned it to stock but due to the frequency of the reboots they didn't bother to check. ( lucky me ) I should get the phone back in 2-3 days so ill report the behavior then.

Edited by zloduh

Guest mati19924

I installed 4.1.2 from @KonstaT and for 3 days use of 0 reboots random, maybe in the end, it's the perfect ROM;)

Edited by mati19924

Guest omenoid

The same problem here. Initially I thought it was related to overclocking, and in CM10 6/2/2013 build it was usually triggered when turning Wifi on. However, the same goes on almost daily with Aurora Borealis w/o any overclocking etc. I'll test the stock ROM again for a while before sending the phone to warranty repair..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest jha92

I had similar problems with my blade 3 too. Reboots happened with all roms and screwed with the battery percentage. Problem was the stock charger wich was also causing the bad touchscreen experience while charging. After starting to use my an old nokia charger the reboots disappeared. I tested on Aurora Borealis and CM10. I also charged a couple of times with the stock charger later to test it and the reboots started again.

Guest timjon

I actually gave in and sent my phone back to Virgin - they turned it around in 24 hours, and said they'd fixed the problem. I have to admit I was sceptical, but it's been back over a week without a single crash, so it does look like they did something to it. Same IMEI so it doesn't look like a board swap.

I'm still using the same set of chargers as before (I have several, and several PCs) so at least in my case that doesn't appear to have been the problem.