Random reboots

Guest Prestodus

Guest LuxXx25

For me it was the V6 Supercharger script that made my phone reboot, as soon as I got rid of it I hadn't gotten a single reboot.

Guest Saliom

Hi Guys, i sent my phone back to the retailer, and after a month and a half it got back with at least a new screen (can't verify if that's a totaly new phone, or at least i don't know how to do that). It worked pretty fine for a week, then on monday sudenly out of the blue a random reboot... since then i had 4-5 of them on 2 days, and just now i had 3 in a row...

i can't get any log or anything like it because when the phone is charging it doesn't reboot, i just pulled out the SD Card, and i prey that it's the problem, will let you know.

Also i'm sure it's not the battery (in my case) cause my gf tried my battery on her ZTE Blade 3 for over a week and it worked fine for her...

If anyone has a suggestion, i'm all ears. I think i'll buy a Wiko or something that seems to work better than my blade 3 and try to get rid of the Blade 3 if i can't find a durable solution.

Guest timjon

Mine has been rock solid for over a fortnight now (and was previously crashing every day). I'm wondering whether Virgin have a new software build which they put onto it - but stupidly I forgot to make a note of the version number before I returned it. It's currently reporting build number of "VIRGIN_P772N10V1.0.0B03", does anyone have a stock Virgin phone with anything different?

Guest zloduh

I got main board replaced on the first phone, after 3 days i had it it started to reboot again, so i returned it again. Now they called me and said they will give me brand new phone.. Im thinking a way to get a different device im pretty skeptical about zte now.... shame i really liked it.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jbrolin

Solved reboots

Here is what I did.

I had CM10.1 installed and tried everything to get rid of reboots, I tried to change sd cards, dont use wifi, pull the sd card and format and wipe everything before reinstalling CM10.1, tried CM10, still the reboots (a few times per day).

Now I had enough and I did a complete restore of my phone to factory default, first I restored the Recovery to original (http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/) then I installed the stock ROM from ZTEs page.

I tried the phone for a week without reboots but... I soon got feed up with the lag in stock ROM and dared to root it and install CM10. Not a single reboot for over a week now :)

I will wait to install 10.1 but if/when I do I will report if reboots reoccurs.

KonstaT thanks for great ROMS! Have you any idea, do you think it is CM10.1 or corrupt CWM or Kernel?

Edited by jbrolin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Saliom

posting almost a month after, i got a phone back, it was a new phone (not the same serial number as the one on the box i got when i bought it) so i guess there was a hardware problem somewhere... it worked really fine for a week, and then reboots began again, first it was one now and then, so wasn't really bothering me, but since the last 4 days it almost constantly reboots, i'm thinking about writing to ZTE and getting the phone back to the shop once again... will probably buy a new phone if it keeps getting that bad...

i've notice that it mainly reboots when it's vibrating or when there is a little shock on it (like i'm running and the phone is in my pocket), don't know what it could mean...

Edited by Saliom

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi to all. I have a ZTE Blade 3 for about 7 months and I had random reboots couple of times a day. Usually the reboots were when I tried to press the lock button or in pocket while moving, also the battery meter was oscillating and not showing the right percentage. After installing many roms and trying to solve the problem by software I noticed that the battery is a little bit loose and I inserted a folded piece of paper between the battery and the phone at the bottom of the phone. I must say that after a month of usage there are zero reboots and no battery percentage oscillations.

As far as I can understand the problem is the loose connection between battery and the contacts of the phone and when greater battery power is needed the phone restarts it self.

I hope this will be helpful to someone with the same problem.

Edited by DackoMK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Sick_Majkan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62eJjjCjN1w

This solved my problems. I did a lot of research of this topic, installed customized ROM's, changed back to stock, and etc, but I still had this problems with Random Reboots on my ZTE Blade III. So I figure out, it must be some Hardware problem on this device.. I accidentally found this Youtube video which helped me with this RR. Battery contact is not solid and you have to put peace of paper like in yt video. It will help you! ;) So it is not Kernel file, or something like this, it is just BATTERY CONTACT.. Have a try dude. Good luck. P.S. Post your feedback after 1 week. ;)

I'm running my ZTE Blade III on 4.2.2 CyanogenMod version 10.01 - 20130917- KostaKANG-atlas40, great custom ROM for this phone, stable, FAST and precise, working almost 2 months without any problems, also I didn't find any errors with this ROM. Great job. 

Edited by Sick_Majkan

• 3 months later...

I think my zte blade 3 started rebooting after i updated touchpal keyboard to the latest version.

Newest touchpal gives "tips and hints" even if I'm not using it (maybe those cause the reboots?).

I uninstalled the update and haven't got a single reboot after that. Is anyone of you using the latest version of touchpal?...

Guest Dzoni990

You'r not gonna believe what solved that problem for me. I had a lot random reboots all the time. It's hardware problem, i just put a piece of paper between my battery and phones back cover and that's it. I had last random reboot one year ago, before i put piece op paper on battery.   

Edited by Dzoni990

Guest Dzoni990

quite random :) that peace of paper I mean

Yes totally random piece of paper. Just fold it few times, actually max times you can that there is no problem with closing phones back cover.