MoDaCo is undergoing planned maintenance. Site functionality may be reduced - follow @modaco or @paulobrien on Twitter for updates.

• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such software
      Nintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)

CUSTOM ROMS

You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not be hosted directly in topic via the MoDaCo attachment system
      ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)
      ROMs must give full credit to the original author
      This decision has been taken in light of the huge amount of interest in this area of device customisation within the community, and member feedback! Please note that custom ROM discussion should be kept in specific device sub-areas, (e.g. Kaiser.MoDaCo.com for Kaiser based devices). ISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact me directly via PM. P
    • Support MoDaCo by signing up to a MoDaCo Silver or Gold membership

To sign up to an annual MoDaCo Silver subscription which will eliminate all ads from the site (as well as giving you access to the MoDaCo Online Kitchens for Android) for only £9.99 using PayPal, Credit or Debit Card, ensure you are logged in to the site, and then click the link below, which will take you directly to the subscription store! You can also sign up to an annual MoDaCo Gold subscription for £29.99, which adds the benefits listed below! PURCHASE A MODACO SUBSCRIPTION - FREE Titanium Backup Mobile for Android worth $5.99! - FREE 1 year PrivateInternetAccess.com worth $39.95! - FREE 1 year LastPass Premium worth $12! - FREE CalcConvert for Pocket PC from Binaryfish worth $17.95! - FREE Calendar Bar for Pocket PC from OmegaOne worth $9.99! - FREE CamerAware for Pocket PC and Smartphone from MoDaCo worth £19.99 / $30! - FREE Chronos for Pocket PC from ActiveKitten worth $14.95! - FREE CodeWallet Pro for Smartphone and Pocket PC from DeveloperOne worth up to $24.95! - FREE Concentrix for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE FlexMail for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE FTouchSL for Pocket PC from Vekoff s.r.o. worth 10 euro / $12.50! - FREE Jewel Challenge for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE John Cody's Alerts Pro for Smartphone from Omnisoft worth $14.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Dutch for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> French for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> German for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Italian for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Talking Dictionary 2008 English <-> Spanish for Pocket PC from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Dutch for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> French for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> German for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Russian for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE LingvoSoft Dictionary English <-> Turkish for Smartphone from Lingvosoft worth $49.95! - FREE Note2Self for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $19.90! - FREE Opera 8.60 for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Opera Software worth up to $48! - FREE Pocket Informant for Pocket PC and Smartphone from WebIS worth up to $59.90! - FREE Pocket Launcher for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Conduits worth $9.95! - FREE PTab for Pocket PC and Smartphone from z4soft worth up to $60! - FREE Resco Explorer for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Resco worth up to $49.90! - FREE Safemode for Pocket PC from monocube worth $12.95 - FREE SplashPhoto for Pocket PC and Smartphone from SplashData worth up to $59.90! - FREE Sprite Backup for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Sprite Software worth $29.95! - FREE Teksoft Glyphs UI for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €9.95! - FREE Teksoft HeadsetRemote for Pocket PC and Smartphone from Teksoft €4.95! - FREE Traffic Jam for Pocket PC from eSoft Interactive worth $9.95! - FREE unlock (1 per year) from imei-check.co.uk - DISCOUNT of 10% at MoDaCo FairDeal - DISCOUNT of 10% at Semsons.com - FORUM - AD FREE SITE - FORUM - custom rank / title - FORUM - double competition entries - FORUM - double post attachment space - FORUM - no search flood control - FORUM - priority event registration - FORUM - triple PM space
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspensions / ban.

[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

1019 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

well what do you know, beta v26 for our phone came out simultaneously with others today - and my dl speed from china is great this time around...

bruno, could you possibly make a new thread for your repack, or maybe use this one as it is more relevant:
http://www.modaco.com/topic/360527-romics404-baidu-yi-v3-stable-beta-v23-english-repack/

just so as not to confuse people anymore

Posted · Report post

Hi pOcHa,

I am coming from STOCK rom, so what rom do you suggest I use. Baidu V4, or beta V25/26??

Posted · Report post

well, my is as close to the original baidu as possible, while bruno's is more customized (and based on stable v23) - so whichever you prefer... the new beta v26 will be uploaded tonight

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pOcHa' timestamp='1367086175' post='2118720']
well, my is as close to the original baidu as possible, while bruno's is more customized (and based on stable v23) - so whichever you prefer... the new beta v26 will be uploaded tonight
[/quote]

Using your v25 right now and its great, bruno's looks too dark for me much like CM but that look is a bit old hat and this is more fresh. I have used bruno's v4 overclock kernel and its working well on this rom, everything works as it should as far as i'm concerned the only app that does not load quickly is fast burst camera but the mui camera is really quick.As it stands this is the best out there, it has good battery life is responsive and everything appears to be working. Antuntu bench gives 4000 which is respectable and i also like the fact there are themes that can be installed much like CM but nicer.

Great job on this just one question, i see there are a few V6 scripts in there what and how do they do?

Posted · Report post

yes, I too find bruno's black theme very unappealing, especially for toggle buttons - but you can confirm that even bluetooth is working with his custom kernel?

V6 would need a topic of it's own - and it already got one by its author on xda-developers

beta v26 added to the first post...

Posted · Report post

Thanks pOcha for v26

Posted · Report post

Cheers for this update for the best ROM out there, Nice one mate.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Bluetooth working fine with v4 oc kernel in v25 Edited by sedj

Posted · Report post

Quote:
[b][i][color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]- finally fixed network location (thanks to bruno), and removed chinese cities for numbers without a country code (thanks to narkoman88)[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b]

[font="Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, Trebuchet MS, sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, Times New Roman, serif"][color="#4e565e"][size=3]Wow, this IS something nice!!![/size][/color][/font]

Quote:
[b][i][color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]Instructions:[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]- Wipe.....[/size][/font][/color][/i][/b]

[color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]I don`t see here:[b] reboot recovery[/b][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#4E565E][font=Verdana, Tahoma, Arial, 'Trebuchet MS', sans-serif, Georgia, Courier, 'Times New Roman', serif][size=3]???[/size][/font][/color]

Posted · Report post

yes, the network location fix was actually located in resource file used mainly just for translation, of all the places - wouldn't have thought to look for it there at all if it wasn't for bruno

and narkoman88 found the sql lite database files that held the chinese cities - he edited them to keep just the countries, but i simply deleted all as the white space between the numbers actually makes them more readable

what about "reboot recovery", it doesn't say that anywhere in my guide (did you maybe remove install-recovery.sh file from the zip - if so, then don't, as it just runs init.d on every boot, which in turn calls the v6ss, kak, vsync and other scripts...)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pOcHa' timestamp='1367162432' post='2119007']
what about "reboot recovery", it doesn't say that anywhere in my guide
[/quote]

No - I`m just used to do that when flashing roms, and seen that as a recommended practice in many other flashing guides.

Posted · Report post

Well tried the v26 from pOcHa, every time the dialler app force closes after typing 5-6 numbers. Anyone else facing the same issue?

Posted · Report post

I have the same issue O.o

Posted · Report post

Yep, I have the same problem. :(

Posted · Report post

it's those chinese cities databases, i did an ota update for myself so they were present from before - but for a new install they seem to be needed once initially... sorry, will upload them in a couple of minutes (without chinese cities)...

Posted · Report post

you know the touchpal v5 that comes with this rom does anyone know how to stop it auto correction and showing predictions please?

ok, the fix is uploaded (under the same link as rom) - just flash it right after the rom for the new install

[b]EDIT:[/b]

if you already have the rom installed - first flash the fix, and then just clear the data for the "Phone" app (manage apps), that's it... Edited by pOcHa

Posted · Report post

[quote name='pOcHa' timestamp='1367170484' post='2119069']
ok, the fix is uploaded (under the same link as rom) - just flash it right after the rom for the new install

if you already have the rom installed - try to flash just the fix (but those files seem to be read only once, initially at the first boot - so please report back for others to know if they need a fresh install or not)
[/quote]

for the dialer i installed an app from the market called dialer one and im using that for now works fine seems to be a problem with the dialer app

Posted · Report post

i flashed in the dialer fix and it works fine now...... you dont need fresh install

if you already have the rom installed - first flash the fix, and then just clear the data for the "Phone" app (manage apps), that's it...

EDIT:

so you don't even need to clear the phone app data? it only resets the dialer settings (press menu button when you open it to set them back) Edited by pOcHa

Just flashed it and I am very impressed. This is one of few roms for g300 that
should be flashed by every user just to forget to even think of getting back to GB roms.

Bravo pOcHa (and Baidu team, of course)!!!
and Bravo Bruno for (at least) OC kernel which works fine on this release, too. (btw, pOcHa, you could add it as an addon :)

New lockscreen stuff, transparent status bar, faster and smoother than rom22 (I didn`t test 23, 24 & 25 releases)

Now, for problems:
not real ones, just crashing of Play which was solved with flashing ICS gapps and a one more reboot afterwards.
(both times saying NO, in CWM)

P.S.
4361 & 4335 in antutu,
aeroplane mode with 1192MHz, smartass2/noop Edited by dakok

[quote name='dakok' timestamp='1367182537' post='2119175']
Just flashed it and I am very impressed. This is one of few roms for g300 that
should be flashed by every user just to forget to even think of getting back to GB roms.

Bravo pOcHa (and Baidu team, of course)!!!
and Bravo Bruno for (at least) OC kernel which works fine on this release, too. (btw, pOcHa, you could add it as an addon :)

New lockscreen stuff, transparent status bar, faster and smoother than rom22 (I didn`t test 23, 24 & 25 releases)

Now, for problems:
not real ones, just crashing of Play which was solved with flashing ICS gapps and a one more reboot afterwards.
(both times saying NO, in CWM)

P.S.
4361 & 4335 in antutu,
aeroplane mode with 1119MHz, smartass2/noop
[/quote]

well i hope that they fix this apn problem (which i and few others have) one day... i really wanna use this rom too, lol

this is litteraly the only rom where i have apn problem, ive tried almost every rom in this forum and all of them work fine & autodetect my apn

[b]is there anyway to contact baidu developers?[/b] maybe i can tell them about it so it might get fixed Edited by y4ss1n

dakok

I agree on all counts i'm sorely tempted to upgrade to v26 now, what would your antuntu score be without aeroplane mode?

And do you have the new play store now? I had it on cm10.1 but not on this rom for some strange reason?

@y4ss1n

Manually input your apn settings, i have to being on Ovivo mobile Edited by sedj

Posted · Report post

@y4ss1n:
you may try to contact Hay on Baidu and Anzhi forum, he leads a team of Baidu devs / testers

Gather some knowledge in advance - check "funny sim" facts and check types of sim cards which are in use
(some of them has a special area for holding extra data)

@sedj:
I allways test it in aeroplane mode since active wifi and data have influence on testing.
New Play - what is it good for? More apps? Better apps? :)

Posted · Report post

[quote name='sedj' timestamp='1367182938' post='2119179']
dakok

I agree on all counts i'm sorely tempted to upgrade to v26 now, what would your antuntu score be without aeroplane mode?

And do you have the new play store now? I had it on cm10.1 but not on this rom for some strange reason?

@y4ss1n

Manually input your apn settings, i have to being on Ovivo mobile
[/quote]

doesnt work.. when i input all my apn settings, then i click "save" it doesnt save.. apn list stays blank

i also tried these "funny sim fixes" on xda but they dont work

(my simcard is new btw; bought it in january 2013)