• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

1019 posts in this topic

Posted

Would be possible to implant Automatic Brightness functionality of BaiDu ROM into ShenDu ROM?

Posted

To be honest they need to improve memory management. Because when I am listening to the music, and using Baidu browser to open one page,

music player shuts down because browser uses all of RAM... :(

Posted (edited)

it's the browser, it uses a lot of ram - but it plays flash videos better than any other, there's no lag with controls at all, even in fullscreen

i always include it for completeness sake, but try opera mobile instead as it is the best one all around...

Edited by pOcHa

Posted

it's the browser, it uses a lot of ram - but it plays flash videos better than any other, there's no lag with controls at all, even in fullscreen

i always include it for completeness sake, but try opera mobile instead as it is the best one all around...

Opera mobile also showed signs of high RAM usage, I am using Opera Mini, and everything fly :)

Posted

I cannot set APN in this rom. When I enter my carrier's settings and hit Save, nothing happens :( .

Posted (edited)

When can we expect EN repack of a new version?

Edited by Mireczech

Posted

later tonight

Posted

uploading the new version now...

Posted

...first post updated

Posted

hi.

Can u post the change log?

Posted

hi pocha...

please help me...

i've installed baidu v4 stable and oc'ed with omegaman kernel but bluetooth unavailable...

Posted

Hi

im enjoying this rom as i find it the best available for my useage ,i just have one query on the stock weather app i can only get london or loads of chinese cities

i know its nothing important but i would like to get it fuctioning or am i better finding another one

Posted

Can u post the change log?

as always, just click the changes link in the first post...

i've installed baidu v4 stable and oc'ed with omegaman kernel but bluetooth unavailable...

why didn't you use the OC kernel from the addons? it's the only one that works

im enjoying this rom as i find it the best available for my useage ,i just have one query on the stock weather app i can only get london or loads of chinese cities

i know its nothing important but i would like to get it fuctioning or am i better finding another one

yes, just use another one if your city is not there - i can recommend GO Weather Ex

Posted

hey..pocha thanx to reply me....

but can you tell me which configuration will be best for me...

scheduler?

governer?

frequency?

i am a gamer...

i am gonna to try baidu v30

Posted

i don't use a custom kernel myself - but baidu is the best rom for games even without it...

for OC settings search the forum, there are a lot of discussions about it

Posted

Hey Pocha

Is there a way to get rid of chinese news (or whatever it is) on the default lock screen?

I guess that the easiest way would be to download theme which has different lockscreen but i really don't like any of them :unsure:

Anyways this rom is superb so far!

Thanks

Posted

v30...

I think it's even smoother/faster than v29, or maybe it just a feeling...

New weather widget - ugly, and buggy - for London showed 0°, tried 2 times; had to come back to "weather bz"

New dialer is not really good. I know it's more complex now (and with some interesting options), but usually we need sth straightforward. There is not even alphabetic list for quick jump... (or am I wrong?) :/

Anyway I'm gonna keep it for a while - thanks a lot pOcHa! :-)

Posted (edited)

Is there a way to get rid of chinese news (or whatever it is) on the default lock screen?

in the settings choose slide

New weather widget - ugly, and buggy - for London showed 0°, tried 2 times; had to come back to "weather bz"

New dialer is not really good. I know it's more complex now (and with some interesting options), but usually we need sth straightforward. There is not even alphabetic list for quick jump... (or am I wrong?) :/

the weather widget was unremovable in this version, so i left the weather app as well - i knew it was limited to only a few world cities, but didn't know that it was only accurate for chinese ones...

don't like the new dialer as well, but didn't have time to play with it - use contacts instead? nope, it's "integrated" as well... will make an addon with the old style dialer, contacts and messages

UPDATE: uploading now, you can find it in the addons (same link as rom) - it's untested, so please report back

Edited by pOcHa

Posted

So, if 3G doesn't work for you, the only solution is to change to another ROM right?

Posted

gr8t...gr8t...gr8888888888888888...t...rom v30

UI is very fantastic make your phone more stylish & different from other...

Weather widget is awesome...with live effect...

performane is very excellent...i am gamer...like to play every games HD...no lag...

thanx a lot Pocha...to upload a treasure...

Posted

new dialer uploading now, you can find it in the addons (same link as rom) - it's untested, so please report back

it's not working (app is missing error).

when cache wiped, there is no gsm signal...

Posted

without a logcat that doesn't help at all, sorry...

you have to reflash the rom, or restore a backup of the phone.apk, contacts.apk and mms.apk (and their .odex counterparts)

Posted

Hope this helps

logcat.txt

Posted

yes, that was quite helpful, thank you - the latest framework changed too much, so the old apps need to be deodexed with the previous version, so that they no longer depend on it... will reupload the addon later

Posted

reuploaded the old style Dialer, Contacts and Messages addon - wipe cache and dalvik before flashing

should work now - but please report back