• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ICS][4.0.4] Baidu Cloud ROM beta V49 English (2014-06-06)

1019 posts in this topic

Posted

Svox Victoria English is OK to but still sounds a little robot like will try the one above when my trial runs out.

Posted

stable V5 is uploading, will update it's thread once finished

Posted

Still uploading? You must have crazy provider :)

Posted

Still uploading? You must have crazy provider :)

lol, the stable version has it's own thread (see my sig) - this one is for beta versions...

Posted

Hi all,

I am having some issues here. I read that the location error is fixed but it seems to be on my phone. I am unable to set my location to anything but a China location. I also get a UNKNOWN with my map and weather.

Maybe it is related, but, can I change the news Window? It is all in Chinese and I would love to have English news here. Can I customize it? If so... How? I have checked and find no options but selection what type of news.

Apart from this I think it is amazing. I have tried most the ROMS since I got the phone (When it was new). I wish I tried it before now.

Thanks for the hard work.

C

Posted

baidu weather is only usable for china - I recommend GO Weather instead

and the news is only in chinese, so just disable it... both it, and the weather widget are integrated inside the framework itself - and that is the only reason they are not completely removed

Posted

@pOcHa

Thank you for the reply.

I have now disabled them. I really like how they looked and worked. It is a shame they can't be made to work with English sites and locations.

Thanks for this wonderful ROM. I am enjoying it so much. I am using the phone again (Which I had stopped using due to it stalling on other ROMS).

Great work.

Posted

There is already BaiDu ROM 34.

Posted

my comp has crashed, waiting on repairs...

Posted

first post updated with the new beta V34

Posted

Thanks pOcHa definitely the best rom for our phone in mine opinion,thanks again :)

Posted

first post updated with the new beta V34

any chance to have an change log (v33 vs v34)!???

Posted (edited)

the changes link in the first post is also always updated...

Edited by pOcHa

Posted

the changes link in the first post is also always updated...

Dialer is problematic,when I dial someone there is only blank screen I cannot dissmis call..

Posted

are you using the default one, or the old style addon?

try disabling the "half incall screen" option in dialer settings - or maybe your proximity sensor is broken (the screen goes off when next to the ear)

Posted (edited)

are you using the default one, or the old style addon?

try disabling the "half incall screen" option in dialer settings - or maybe your proximity sensor is broken (the screen goes off when next to the ear)

I was using new one... and I had wallpaper and status bar, but not the rest of the dialer screen.

After I flashed old one everything is working, but it is sluggish. To be honest V34 is firs Baidu in

long time to be smooth without slow moments especially in dialer and messages.

EDIT2: Ok so half call screen option solves the problem thanks :)

Edited by predragiPredrag

Posted

first post updated with the new beta V35 - they fixed something related to some SIM cards, so if you didn't have 3G on this rom before, then try again now...

Posted

hi pocha...i couldnt find this below setting....using baidu v34

menu button -> home settings -> bulletin off

(desktop news)

Posted

(desktop news)

really?

Posted

(desktop news)

menu button ->home settings->Bulletin

Posted (edited)

Cannot play videos in Youtube. Has anyone same problem with latest build 35? And whatabout app cleaner in multitask manager (blue circle with %). It causes many hidden problems (CallRecorder e.g.). Would be possible to disable this function in future?

Edited by Mireczech

Posted

Cannot play videos in Youtube. Has anyone same problem with latest build 35?

And whatabout app cleaner in multitask manager (blue circle with %). It causes many hidden problems (CallRecorder e.g.). Would be possible to disable this function?

I have the same problem, but youtube starts video after 1-2min...pretty annoying 

Posted

Cannot play videos in Youtube. Has anyone same problem with latest build 35? And whatabout app cleaner in multitask manager (blue circle with %). It causes many hidden problems (CallRecorder e.g.). Would be possible to disable this function in future?

try deleting the OnekeyWidget.apk from /system/app and then reboot

I have the same problem, but youtube starts video after 1-2min...pretty annoying 

works fine for me (opera classic) - in the last version I added the flash player to /data/app, check if you maybe have multiple versions (if you already had one before there or in /system/app)

Posted

try deleting the OnekeyWidget.apk from /system/app and then reboot

works fine for me (opera classic) - in the last version I added the flash player to /data/app, check if you maybe have multiple versions (if you already had one before there or in /system/app)

I have problem in youtube.apk and in browser (dolphin). I will try to re-install ROM and see how it behaves.