Use stock based ICS ROMS on GB Baseband

Guest jsevi83

Guest jsevi83

You could try the test build of CM10.1 multibaseband to see if you have the same problem. I guess we are missing some libraries, but I don't really know which, I will try to find out.

Guest Buffalo Soldier

Phone constantly flips between 3g + H data modes with very little actual throughput.

Not sure we have a perfect solution yet.

Tested with stock+ and gb baseband zip

+1 with Slim v10 and GB baseband.

I upgraded back to 2030 with jsevi83's tool, but network wasn't available, so I had to restore my nandroid backup which I made before even downgrading.

Edited by Buffalo Soldier

Guest mamudo
Phone constantly flips between 3g + H data modes with very little actual throughput.Not sure we have a perfect solution yet.Tested with stock+ and gb baseband zip
+1 for me with T-Mobile Germany and Stock B936Downloads are interrupting :(Hope you´ll find a solution for thisThx Edited by mamudo

Guest Degurney

+1 for me with T-Mobile Germany and Stock B936

Downloads are interrupting :(

Hope you´ll find a solution for this

Thx

Yeah, just noticed this... Hardly any throughput on downloading... Have to go wifi to get anything..

Guest BerkayCetinkaya

guys you know you say 3g reboots do you mean the phone reboots it self or the antenna rebooot cause my antenna is allways greyed out ;/

Guest grabster

Reboots aplenty here and after flashing the "upgrade - b952.zip" things went downhill with boot freeze.

Cwm backup failed to restore with e:invalid command argument.

Ended up flashing B592 update.app then installed slimrom.v11 but gobackups backup files have been wiped due too somehow gobackup saved backups to internal sd instead of external so was wiped during the update.

I'm now using slimrom.v11 from a fresh start .

I've had better weekends.

Guest Degurney

Anyone know of the fix for the network swapping between 2G and 3G with no speed throughput :(

annoying the hell out of me..

Now I`m not sure how to get out of this if there`s no fix.

I`m reading if you go back to a locked bootloader you won`t have these issues. How would I do that from where I am now..

Guest Sighn

Anyone know of the fix for the network swapping between 2G and 3G with no speed throughput :(

annoying the hell out of me..

Now I`m not sure how to get out of this if there`s no fix.

I`m reading if you go back to a locked bootloader you won`t have these issues. How would I do that from where I am now..

Yeah. Awesome that I get no reboots now! Finally.

Unfortunately 3g throughput is slow - 3.57MB .apk in 20 minutes. I prefer this to the reboots though!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I was getting 4 resets on the way to work, and 4 resets when moving to home, when phone switch GSM antenna. I am using Slim B952. I first installed DOWNGRADE TO GB and then installed ICS-in-GB. Now i dont get any resets ! Thanks a lot !!!

My baseband was 2030 now it is 109808, I feel like the phone seemed slower, may it be true or just "psychological" ?

Slower on which baseband?

I doubt that the baseband has much impact on overall performance.

The other alternative to using the GB baseband and ICS on GB patch is to do an official unlock of the ICS baseband.

See george109's tutorial in the development forum.

It's okay, it is not slow as i first thought. But i want to ask something. Somehow i managed to have my CPU Freq. 122mhz, but now it is minimum 300mhz ( I am still able to overclock it 1.23ghz ) .

Is there a way to have the 122mhz clock option back without touching the two steps i made to stop resets ? ( ICS-in-GB and downgrade thing ) ( No resets for 1 week btw, it is awesome )

The phone used only %30 battery in 48 hours, i want to have the 122mhz to reduce it more.