• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

Ask MoDaCo: the HTC One

130 posts in this topic

Posted

Is HDR the default camera mode? How fast is HDR capture?

Not default, no. Capture is very fast.

P

Posted

I posted about BlinkFeed here -

P

Posted

Is there something new about Pics or the camera? Everything else I find great!

Posted

Be interested to see about battery life after you've used it for a few days. I find the battery life on my GN "okay", but when using it for a period of time (e.g. on a train journey) the battery gets absolutely nailed!

Posted

Is there something new about Pics or the camera? Everything else I find great!

Pics to follow! :)

P

Posted

Be interested to see about battery life after you've used it for a few days. I find the battery life on my GN "okay", but when using it for a period of time (e.g. on a train journey) the battery gets absolutely nailed!

That's true of all phones I think tbh. :)

P

Posted

Paul,

Are you seeing any lag or stuttering in the device anywhere? Also what's your impression on usability of the screen in direct sunlight? Thanks!

Posted

Incredibly smooth with no lag or stuttering and the screen is outstanding in direct sunlight - i've just been for a walk to test it. :)

P

Posted

That's true of all phones I think tbh. :)

P

True, especially seeing as data and screen are the biggest battery drains!

Posted

Just been to play with a dummy in P4U, really like it - can't see Samsung being able to match it with the S4 - if previous form is anything to go by!

Posted

Not long until we find out! :)

P

Posted

Hmm, i'm on 1.28...

P

http://youtu.be/23nQyOpixiU?t=4m15s

Maybe this can help you to find the setting. (@4:15)

or you have to contact HTC.

Posted

Hi Paul, I had one HTC device in the past, a HTC Desire, which had heat issues, like when i play games or use it for long enough, it used to get heated and in the end was declared dead one fine day!

Anything similar with this, thing is am into market for 'One' mobile that i am gonna use for couple of years to come! I dont want to have similar experience as i had with Desire.

Posted

All phones get warm under load, i've not seen anything excessive. Aluminium is good at dissipating heat too, so that contributes to it feeling warm?

P

Posted

Hello Paul :) . What is your complete firmware version number please? Thanks

Posted

P

Posted

Two questions if you don't mind? Firstly, a readily visible notification LED is important to me. My ex-One-S had a very small LED mostly hidden by the earpiece grille and was next to useless unless the phone was picked up and I looked carefully and directly in to the earpiece grille. Which was "not convenient". How is the notification LED on the ONE, and can it be seen in normal ambient light from a reasonable angle? (I don't care about the colour!).

Secondly and mostly due to the lack of good cell network coverage on my cycling route, I need a decent FM Radio, Not Tunein or the like. Again, the FM Radio on the One S is very insensitive and struggled to receive even relatively strong stations to the point of having to carry a separate radio as well as the phone.I tried various earphones (for aerial purposes) without much difference. So - how "good" is the FM Radio in terms of reception in a variety of locations?

Cheers

Posted

Two questions if you don't mind? Firstly, a readily visible notification LED is important to me. My ex-One-S had a very small LED mostly hidden by the earpiece grille and was next to useless unless the phone was picked up and I looked carefully and directly in to the earpiece grille. Which was "not convenient". How is the notification LED on the ONE, and can it be seen in normal ambient light from a reasonable angle? (I don't care about the colour!).

Secondly and mostly due to the lack of good cell network coverage on my cycling route, I need a decent FM Radio, Not Tunein or the like. Again, the FM Radio on the One S is very insensitive and struggled to receive even relatively strong stations to the point of having to carry a separate radio as well as the phone.I tried various earphones (for aerial purposes) without much difference. So - how "good" is the FM Radio in terms of reception in a variety of locations?

Cheers

The Led is in the speaker grille but nice and bright and clear. I'll try the radio and let you know! :-)

P

Posted

So is it multicolored?

Posted

It doesn't seem to be RGB, no...

P

Posted

The Led is in the speaker grille but nice and bright and clear. I'll try the radio and let you know! :-)

P

Thanks Paul - 1 issue down, one radio to go!

Posted

A few small questions:

1. Are ringtone's also going throught the stereo speakers? If so, i need to start reripping my ringtone's to stereo instead of mono :P

2. Could you please post a picture of the front and back of the silver and black next to each other :). That would be really nice to decide which beauty to order

3. How fast is the usb throughpout when you load an movie to the phone? My HTC Desire has an horrible speed......

Posted

Here's one; can other media apps (like TuneIn Radio) use the lockscreen for playback controls?

Posted

A few small questions:

1. Are ringtone's also going throught the stereo speakers? If so, i need to start reripping my ringtone's to stereo instead of mono :P

2. Could you please post a picture of the front and back of the silver and black next to each other :). That would be really nice to decide which beauty to order

3. How fast is the usb throughpout when you load an movie to the phone? My HTC Desire has an horrible speed......

1. Yes!

2. Coming up!

3. I'll measure for you...

P

Posted

Here's one; can other media apps (like TuneIn Radio) use the lockscreen for playback controls?

Not that i'm aware of...

P