Ask MoDaCo: the HTC One

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Scottland

Be interested to see about battery life after you've used it for a few days. I find the battery life on my GN "okay", but when using it for a period of time (e.g. on a train journey) the battery gets absolutely nailed!

Guest PaulOBrien

Be interested to see about battery life after you've used it for a few days. I find the battery life on my GN "okay", but when using it for a period of time (e.g. on a train journey) the battery gets absolutely nailed!

That's true of all phones I think tbh. :)

P

Guest cdd543

Paul,

Are you seeing any lag or stuttering in the device anywhere? Also what's your impression on usability of the screen in direct sunlight? Thanks!

Guest PaulOBrien

Incredibly smooth with no lag or stuttering and the screen is outstanding in direct sunlight - i've just been for a walk to test it. :)

P

Guest Scottland

Just been to play with a dummy in P4U, really like it - can't see Samsung being able to match it with the S4 - if previous form is anything to go by!

Guest TechsavvyJaz

Hi Paul, I had one HTC device in the past, a HTC Desire, which had heat issues, like when i play games or use it for long enough, it used to get heated and in the end was declared dead one fine day!

Anything similar with this, thing is am into market for 'One' mobile that i am gonna use for couple of years to come! I dont want to have similar experience as i had with Desire.

Guest PaulOBrien

All phones get warm under load, i've not seen anything excessive. Aluminium is good at dissipating heat too, so that contributes to it feeling warm?

P

Guest Len Ash

Two questions if you don't mind? Firstly, a readily visible notification LED is important to me. My ex-One-S had a very small LED mostly hidden by the earpiece grille and was next to useless unless the phone was picked up and I looked carefully and directly in to the earpiece grille. Which was "not convenient". How is the notification LED on the ONE, and can it be seen in normal ambient light from a reasonable angle? (I don't care about the colour!).

Secondly and mostly due to the lack of good cell network coverage on my cycling route, I need a decent FM Radio, Not Tunein or the like. Again, the FM Radio on the One S is very insensitive and struggled to receive even relatively strong stations to the point of having to carry a separate radio as well as the phone.I tried various earphones (for aerial purposes) without much difference. So - how "good" is the FM Radio in terms of reception in a variety of locations?

Cheers

Guest PaulOBrien
Two questions if you don't mind? Firstly, a readily visible notification LED is important to me. My ex-One-S had a very small LED mostly hidden by the earpiece grille and was next to useless unless the phone was picked up and I looked carefully and directly in to the earpiece grille. Which was "not convenient". How is the notification LED on the ONE, and can it be seen in normal ambient light from a reasonable angle? (I don't care about the colour!).

Secondly and mostly due to the lack of good cell network coverage on my cycling route, I need a decent FM Radio, Not Tunein or the like. Again, the FM Radio on the One S is very insensitive and struggled to receive even relatively strong stations to the point of having to carry a separate radio as well as the phone.I tried various earphones (for aerial purposes) without much difference. So - how "good" is the FM Radio in terms of reception in a variety of locations?

Cheers

The Led is in the speaker grille but nice and bright and clear. I'll try the radio and let you know! :-)

P

Guest Len Ash

The Led is in the speaker grille but nice and bright and clear. I'll try the radio and let you know! :-)

P

Thanks Paul - 1 issue down, one radio to go!

Guest wontcachme

A few small questions:

1. Are ringtone's also going throught the stereo speakers? If so, i need to start reripping my ringtone's to stereo instead of mono :P

2. Could you please post a picture of the front and back of the silver and black next to each other :). That would be really nice to decide which beauty to order

3. How fast is the usb throughpout when you load an movie to the phone? My HTC Desire has an horrible speed......

Guest PaulOBrien

A few small questions:

1. Are ringtone's also going throught the stereo speakers? If so, i need to start reripping my ringtone's to stereo instead of mono :P

2. Could you please post a picture of the front and back of the silver and black next to each other :). That would be really nice to decide which beauty to order

3. How fast is the usb throughpout when you load an movie to the phone? My HTC Desire has an horrible speed......

1. Yes!

2. Coming up!

3. I'll measure for you...

P