[ROM] [GB] B899 v6.1 3G signal optimization (REPACK & both baseband)

Guest dakok

Guest dakok

After testing five GB roms with highest rankings on chinese forums,

I found this one to be peticulary good.

Two roms among those were even better, but had various problems I couldn`t solve :(

(Solved: http://www.modaco.co...-multibaseband/)

Download link:

https://www.box.com/s/4s6omzh4ber0xmz3qv2e
2013_03_13_13_05_30_832.jpgCheck your baseband in phone settings, then proceed accordingly: Installation instructions for 109808 baseband (check in your phone settings): - You have to have baseband 109808, phone rooted, unlocked bootloader and a recovery on (cwm, maybe twrp). - Download zip file (rom), gapps for GB, HwIme or another keyboard and transfer that to SDcard. - Turn on debugging on your phone, turn off fast boot, turn off phone (some folks remove battery now:)) - Press vol. up and power button together for 10 seconds. - You are in CWM now (probably) - Wipe data/factory reset - Wipe cache partition - Mounts: Format System, Cache, Cust, Data - Advanced: Wipe Dalvik cache, battery stats if you have them, Reboot recovery - Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> your rom (zip) - Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> gapps for GB (zip) - Reboot to system Leave your phone now for 5 minutes, let it take a breath. Skip Google intro. You don`t have a keyboard yet, so go to your rom`s file manager and find HwIme keyboard, install it. Installation instructions for 2030 baseband (check in your phone settings): - You have to have baseband 2030, phone rooted, unlocked bootloader and a recovery on (cwm, maybe twrp). - Same as in the guide above, just with an extra step after you flash your rom (zip). Imediatelly after flashing rom - you have to flash a patch: - Install zip from SDcard -> choose zip -> GB&CM7_on_2030bb_patch.zip - Now proceed with your gapps (zip) and Reboot to system and allow phone to rest for 5 minutes :) EDIT: this patch breaks network, sooner or later. No real harm, but you will lose phone signal and you˙ll have to flash something else. SO - flash this rom only on 109808 baseband. Modded: 1. Directly based on the official firmware Huawei U8818 Android 2.3, V100R001C17B899; 2. Updated V6 SuperCharger engine, integrated KickAssKernel optimization and supporting su update, busybox. 3. Reallocated OOM, optimized program run priority, enhanced power saving, smooth, stable, with comprehensive performance; 4. Wifi speed, 3G signal optimized; sd card speed, battery optimization; 5. Enhanced scrolling and overall touch response; enhanced the quality of pictures and camera; 6. Opened the cust partition free space, and more nearly 80mb installer available space; 7. Updated the hosts file - block ads; the integrated Root file Manager; 8. ICS power and signal icon; 9. You can choose to install apps to memory or sd card; 10. True SRS WOW HD sound, not the other installed software, no longer fooled so-called Dolby magic sound; 11. Apps are ODEX, and zipelign optimization is carried to effectively reduce the memory footprint; 12. added a script to turn off the keyboard lights, renamed as the system \ etc \ init.d under the Z90closeButtonLight.sh of Z90closeButtonLight after the restart to turn off the keyboard lights; Arabic language patch by Tillaz: http://www.solidfile...m/d/057b49813e/ For smoother experience change original launcher to AWD or Lightning. You can uninstall baidu keyboard aftery you set your own. Replaced chinese calendar Deleted 3-4 chinese apps Network is really fast! Battery life`s great! Credits: Anzhi forum for bringing CM7 rom Others from modaco and serbian g300 forum for testing the stuff above. Source:
http://www.romzj.com/resources/other.html?view=rom&id=5686[/code]

Download (original chinese version):

[CODE]http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=109999&uk=3006227372[/code]

Edited by dakok

Guest y4ss1n

:)

It has all languages just as standard GB rom.

English is default on start.

thanks man, i'll test it & compare it to atomicmod in terms of performance & battery, and post results later

if u find another excellent rom on those forums, dont hesitate to post it here, hehe

Edited by y4ss1n

thanks man, i'll test it & compare it to atomicmod in terms of performance & battery, and post results later

if u find another excellent rom on those forums, dont hesitate to post it here, hehe

Hey let me know how this one compares,sounds good.

Guest y4ss1n

whats a good app to backup & restore my apps on GB? last time i tried to backup using Go Backup and it was corrupt when i tried to restore (even though Go Backup works really good on ICS)

is there a Huawei All Backup that works on GB?

Edited by y4ss1n

whats a good app to backup & restore my apps on GB? last time i tried to backup using Go Backup and it was corrupt when i tried to restore (even though Go Backup works really good on ICS)

is there a Huawei Total Backup that works on GB?

I had the same issue with another rom so i left it.you could try allbackup.

Edited by yaqh

Guest y4ss1n

I had the same issue with another rom so i left it.you could try allbackup.

sorry i meant huawei all backup, not total backup

can u link me? i tried to install the allbackup i use on ICS, but it doesnt work on GB

Edited by y4ss1n

sorry i meant huawei all backup, not total backup

can u link me? i tried to install the allbackup i use on ICS, but it doesnt work on GB

Did you try gobackup?

Guest Costy88031

For me GO Backup are the best aplication for restore all I have on my phone. I have a question:this rom don't have power toogles?

Guest y4ss1n

For me GO Backup are the best aplication for restore all I have on my phone. I have a question:this rom don't have power toogles?

edit: this rom has no power toggles

also arabic letters arent connected, so im going back to atomic (i really need arabic)

Edited by y4ss1n

Guest blatny93

Dakok, I like your pic, John Lennon, my hero. (My mother knew himm back in the day). Anyway, this rom is pretty good. A Gobackup from ics won't work but AllBackup is fine. Thanks, Dakok.

Guest hugocard

The only thing that makes me just stare at This and dont change to it is the gb. I need some ressources from ics. But looks like a good ROM. Keep on with the spy thing ;)

Guest y4ss1n

you could take a look at this http://forum.xda-dev...ad.php?t=907635

i used it to make a patch for a user a while back on the zte skate to enable RTL Arabic

well i dont think "Right to left" is the problem, since it displays the letters correctly from right to left, but the letters arent connected

anyway this rom doesnt have power toggles so im sticking to atomic

Guest dakok

You have a kind of power toggles with kbattery thats included in dl link :)

Not the real thing, but it`s pretty usable :)

I might ask Tillaz for toggles :blush:

EDIT:

Screenshots added to first post.

Edited by dakok

Guest dannchelu

Is very good this rom but i have a probem with sound ... Is low and the volume + app not working on this rom. Someone have an idea ?

Guest Necton

Is it possible to return the stock GB color instead "8. ICS power and signal icon".

I do not really like that ICS style.

Maybe replace the files or something?