Browsers

Guest TangerineTractor

Guest irishpancake

Yeah I mostly use Boat Mini.....

It's rapid and good enuff for most purposes!! [i never use that fanz site TT is fond of :lol:]

It renders well and looks good, very underestimated IMO, supports flash....regular updates, it is supposed to text wrap if you choose it!!

So...... maybe Opera Mobile is good, but it is just a personal preference!!

Guest bladebuddy

Is there a browser that supports downloads from (solidfiles) as I use to be able to download using chrome if I selected desk top , now it doesn't seem to work. So if anyone knows another way to do this on you're phone please share.Cheers J

Guest TangerineTractor

Is there a browser that supports downloads from (solidfiles) as I use to be able to download using chrome if I selected desk top , now it doesn't seem to work. So if anyone knows another way to do this on you're phone please share.Cheers J

Guess what...

Guest ptoner

I put up a link earlier for a free d/l of Lightening+... the paid version!!!!

This is a devs link from his forum.

http://www.vmroms.co...php?topic=641.0

not warez in any way!!!

Excellent, thanks IrishPancake. Downloading and will start using it.

Opera is taking up 22.37Mb now! No wonder you're always having performance problems TT!!!

:D

Hence why I opted to get rid of the huge data hungry browsers and use streamlined versions instead. Crazy amount of storage space taken up by them!

Absolute crap, Opera Mobile is without doubt the lightest and fastest in operation than any other browser and has been for ages.

It wraps text properly, it has speed dial which is great you can get to your favourites quickly. Works great with Adaway which google have decided to pul from the play store as well as adblock.

Its been good from the beginning and still is just tried all mentioned here and lightning is the most amaturist of them all. Chrome and Firefox are mega bloated followed by Dolphin, the others are just meh. Opera beta has potential to be the next best browser.

Edited by sedj

Guest ptoner

Do you have a link TT?

Its ok, just getting it. Did you use the mini version or opt for android full one?

Edited by ptoner

Guest ptoner

just noticed that. The mini is not great but the full version is not bad at all. Was getting to like it, apart from the Swiftkey Flow not working. :(

Though, I could maybe live without the Flow as when I am browsing I normally dont post or write messages, leave that for a proper computer. Might stick with this for a while TT. Thanks.

Edited by ptoner

Bobbins tried that one, guys you need to accept everything is not going to happen too fast on this phone by todays standards it is so last year.

Played with my daughters Kindle Fire yesterday and it is so much faster, browsing is a breeze and benchmarks are only 50% up between devices which obviously makes all the difference.

Edited by sedj

Guest bladebuddy
Anybody tried uc browser? i just installed it and it seems very fast, and all the text flow etc is good.

Quote 46 of this thread by me. J

Guest PixelPixie

Dolphin used to be my favorite, but a few updates back just slowed it down too much for me.

Opera mini is by far the best browser with a slow mobile connection.

Love the look and feel of opera beta, but fc's far too often for everyday use.

Chrome too big memory footprint for this poor phone.

Back on stock browser for now, dont love it or hate it, just the best of a bad job on my g300.

Chrome on xoom wifi, nex7, nabi2, sammy tab2 though.

Guest TangerineTractor

been using (and am using right now) uc browser all day. aside from some strange glitches entering text, is brilliant. I'm probably going to stick with this for browsing, keep opera mini installed in case I need to do lots of typing!

Guest Timbones

Been trying Opera for a while, and found it was gobbling up lots of memory, pushing other apps out of memory. Attempting to multitask made the phone run like treacle. Pity, as it worked well otherwise.

Will give UC Browser a try next :)

Guest scuzzbucket

Naked Browser is small, fast and secure. Its not pretty or fancy looking though, just efficient - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fevdev.nakedbrowser&hl=en&referrer=utm_source%3Dgoogle%26utm_medium%3Dorganic%26utm_term%3Dnaked+browser

Tint Browser is good as well. Its light and fast, and as a nice bonus is Open Source. Get it either on the market or F-Droid repository. Opera Mobile Labs if you want extension support.

Or Orbot +Tor Browser for peace of mind.

Guest bladebuddy

Ahem.... if it's "incognito" all the way you want....

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nu.tommie.inbrowser

Its not so much incognito. There's a story behind it that hopefully explains the situation without making me look a nutter.

Recently a local fellow I only know as Slebs , made the national newspaper as well as the local paper we call the wezy gazette as he received 5 years in prison for inciting terrorism.

I thought it was a little harsh considering all he did was make a fool of himself by creating a Facebook profile as a Taliban fighter that linked to a beheading video.

Board not long after reading this and not reading the original Facebook stuff I set about seeing how easy it was to download a video of this nature.

Very easy with UC compared to other browsers.

By the way I warn you now don't look at these types of videos ,as they are sick, very real and leave you feeling horrible.

That said I was also able to find apk's and other files not always so easy to find on other browsers. That's why I say UC is good for downloading dodgy content as it seems to link to pages not brought up in other browsers.

Hope that explains things a little.

P.S I don't have any videos of this nature it was a " is it real or not thing" that I now wish I never bothered to look into.

PPS I don't think there is a perfect browser out there as I have truly tried them all and most proxy browsers also. That's why I think its better to use multiple browsers depending on you're needs.

As for lighting browser has anyone linked to it say from the news and weather app using 2g. If so you will see you have time to make your breakfast and drink you're cuppa before the news appears. J

Guest omegavesko

I vastly prefer Opera Mini to every other browser. Its rendering engine (or lack thereof) makes it extremely smooth, and very data efficient at the same time.

That said, I do use Flashify to switch to the stock browser when I want to use features like opening links in a different app. Only way I can properly open torrent magnet links, for example.

Guest bladebuddy
I vastly prefer Opera Mini to every other browser. Its rendering engine (or lack thereof) makes it extremely smooth, and very data efficient at the same time.

That said, I do use Flashify to switch to the stock browser when I want to use features like opening links in a different app. Only way I can properly open torrent magnet links, for example.

A very much (+1)

Guest irishpancake

Its not so much incognito. There's a story behind it that hopefully explains the situation without making me look a nutter.....

.....snip

...snip

PPS I don't think there is a perfect browser out there as I have truly tried them all and most proxy browsers also. That's why I think its better to use multiple browsers depending on you're needs.

As for lighting browser has anyone linked to it say from the news and weather app using 2g. If so you will see you have time to make your breakfast and drink you're cuppa before the news appears. J

My friend, I do think that is the weirdest stuff I have read for a long time...I would not be leaving that up if I were you!!...I have not quoted it for that reason.

with all due respect, I was just giving a link to a browser which claims:

InBrowser is a fully featured incognito/private browsing experience for Android 1.6 and upwards including Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean.

☆ This is the optimal browser if you want to visit adult web sites, dating sites, medical sites or anything without anyone finding out! ☆

This is what I was referring to, if it floats anyone's boat....

not the stuff you mention, which I would d.e.l.e.t.e if I were you.

And I don't believe it is a good recommendation for UC Browser, that it more easily facilitates access to this kinda stuff, really not intended, IMO.