Problem with Grand X Whistle

Guest opazoadrian

Guest opazoadrian

I've formatted the /modem partition... Now the mobile phone doesn't recognizes the SIM card... Please help me...

(Sorry for my bad English)

Guest Loki86

i don't know if there is a modem that you can flash with cmw

or if you flash a stock rom maybe work

or if you can flash a backup from other phone

maybe some expert can help you

Guest sam tyler

my grand x died today as well i restarted my phone and it was stuck on the ZTE pic.and i cant even use adb reboot recovery to get into recovery,lucky for me i still have my zte blade.to fall back on.oh well,at least i have a nice paper weight!

Guest opazoadrian

My Grand X died today, too. I've installed a wrong recovery and now doesn't switch on.... Only vibrates... The PC doesn't recognizes the usb drivers... Is fully bricked... Sollutions?

Guest jaz1-_

How come both your phones died. I've had mine since 23rd of december 2012 and flashed about 15 roms had about 5 boot loops and 1 brick and recovered through them. If adb doesnt work, as it did'n't for me use the u970 tools program and select flash recovery again and then reboot into recovery from the program after flashing cwm through it. I recovered from a brick using this method when i flashed a rom from a different phone. The only problem i have with my grand x is the battery drain and my usb port has been broken for months so i cannot charge it properly or connect it to a pc. I have to hold the wire in a unusal position and wrap it around the phone. Only some chargers work with it now( Amazon kindle and htc chargers)

Guest sam tyler

I have also u970 tools. even with the phone off it still can't find the phone.its really doing my head in.still don't get why the adb won't work.all I did was power the phone off.I was having problems with my recovery. as it won't back up all restore. so all I can say is I think it is my recovery.

Guest jaz1-_

take the battery out, put it back in, put the usb cable in if the battery comes up wait until the screen goes black again and open u970 tools and do what i said before. Thats what i done when my phone was bricked.

Guest opazoadrian

Computer doesn't recognizes my device so I can't flash the recovery. The computer says "Uknown device" when I plug my device to PC

Guest sam tyler

I would help but my comp died as well soon after I downloaded the zte v3 ROM on here (keeps going into sleep mode ) (virus?) lucky for me my blade(×2) has cm10 and working.I think the Russian site 4pa has an app to get back the imei number.

Guest jaz1-_

The only way to use the app on 4pda to get the imei back is if u have backed it up before. I have made several copies of mine. The v3 rom is not a virus. You probably downloaded ilivid with it which is causing the problems, you should boot into safe mode with networking and delete ilivid. i

Guest jaz1-_

The 4pda app only works if you backed it up the imei before. V3 is not a virus so you probably downloaded ilivid with it. I could give you my modem folder but your phone died. Sam maybe when your computer is fixed i could help you on teamviewer or something?

Guest sam tyler

my comp crashed completely. just after I downloaded the ROM. it wouldn't go into boot mode. the sleep mode problems started soon after.first it wouldn't let me use adb way of getting into recovery then the sleep mode/black screen started. in the end I had to put my xp disc in to the comp to reload xp. even after that it still didn't and it still didn't work.and it said virus was the answer.so I now have a dead phone and comp.thank god my blade has cm10.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest pinglis

my grand x died today as well i restarted my phone and it was stuck on the ZTE pic.and i cant even use adb reboot recovery to get into recovery,lucky for me i still have my zte blade.to fall back on.oh well,at least i have a nice paper weight!

I had the exact same problem but managed to blag a new phone ..but even new out of the box i cannot get any version of windows to recognis the drivers

Guest pinglis

Remove all phone drivers. Then install pdanet on comp and phone. The included drivers will allow you to install custom stuff.

thanks will this work with the mt6577 version?

Guest goldpedro

i start having problem with my grand x now is well

problem start with red frame?? flashing on screen when phone was in use most of the time when texting and now with out reason speaker wont work is well phon is dead slow take him ages to do anything

• 2 weeks later...
Guest sam tyler

fixed the phone.

1) got a new comp(as the last one died because of a bad download,one ROM too many.

2) downloaded the MTK USB com port driver from ZTE.

3) re-installed Grand X tools and root with restore by Bin4y from XDA (V.24 )

4) rooted the phone(again) via root with restore.

5) re-installed recovery via Grand X tools.

6) managed to get into recovery(adb now works as well)

7) installed the B05 update ROM from 4pda(Russian site)

8) phone is back from the dead!(be careful in recovery as it asks to fix root before you reboot as if you don`t you may have to re root it again)

9) that's it. still stuck with the same crappy recovery(it wont backup or restore)but at least the phone works.

Guest jaz1-_

Told you you could fix it ! You should get the ZTES3 v2 rom from 4pda. It is very good with battery are it is clocked at 650mhz until there is over 85% cpu load. I believe it has a built in recovery and root + touchwiz. You should get the blade wifi fix after this rom and my wifi hasnt been disconnected since !

Guest sam tyler

thanks for the info,will have a look at it(ROM) just checked,its the same ROM i got from this forum.its the one that screwed up my comp(virus,bad one)and the reason i had to buy a new comp.people better then me working with comps said the virus pigged backed on the ROM i downloaded(it put my comp to sleep,then killed it.).(and of course that stupid ivid download manager also screwed my comp as well, most comps have a good download manager already built in there comps).don`t know why people don't just use media fire. im going try that recovery builder form clock work mod and see if i can make a recovery for my phone and if that helps with my problems with back up and restore(MD5 mismatch) i have with my present recovery.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest jaz1-_

Your incorrect, ZTES3 rom has not been posted on this forum before. It was only released a few days ago on 4pda by bender which is AFTER your phone was not working. Best rom I have used so far and v3 is now out but in gonna stay on v2

Guest sam tyler

sorry,did you mean this? http://4pda.ru/forum...175&subforums=1 i thought you meant this http://www.modaco.co...-updated-10-27/ this is the one that screwed my phone/comp .not used to 4PA yet,plus Google translator doesn't spell all the words right! i will download it and give it a go. sometime after the weekend.the ROM does look good. by the way,is it based on the B05 firmware? as it says its based on 2.0 final was that another grand x/v970 ROM?

Edited by sam tyler

Guest jaz1-_

It is based on kgdma 2.0 which is based on kgdma 1.1 which is based on the official b05. It is very smooth and glitch free but there can be some hiccups because of the clocked CPU speed. You should also try starscreammod 1.6 which is the other best ROM for this phone. And I know how ,much of a pain Google translate is on that site, know one understands my posts!

Guest sam tyler

The first ROM i put on the grand x was the starscreamod 1.6 its a good ROM with some apps added to it.i use the B05 ROM with some the apps from starscream.looks like everyone will be getting ROMS from 4PA now.