Problem with Grand X Whistle

Guest opazoadrian

Guest jaz1-_

You should try the ROM I said(it has most jelly bean features and is on android 4.0.4) and download 5irom and create a imei backup so your safe in the future. In that programming you can flash a recovery so what I recommend is you get the recovery.IMG from grand x tools place it on our SD card and flash it from you phone and your recovery will work again. I think this phone will never be updated again and I'm considering a new phone. I made a bad decision buying a phone which has very little support and from the such a bad manufacturer.

Guest sam tyler

got 5irom and backed up imei no. tried to re flash recovery(placed it in sdcard/5irom/recovery/directory but no joy app said im light in the soul! i don`t think it is a bad phone, my other phones both blades, have cm10/jellybean its just the fact this version of this phone(grand x ) is the 1 sim version,the 2 sim version has a jellybean ROM(XDA) and there is and app to turn off one of the storage on the grand x,it has two places for storage) to be honest,before i bought this,i was going to buy the star n8000(copy of the Samsung galaxy note)but this phone come up cheap(grand x) so i got this,i think it was because ZTE brought out the IN and LTE versions of the grand x,so our phone got left behind.we all learn.......

Guest jaz1-_

funny because i was going to buy the n8000/n800 too of amazon but then i saw this and it had the best specs for its price. I found out later i was wrong and it can even do proper hd playback :(

Guest sam tyler

Told you you could fix it ! You should get the ZTES3 v2 rom from 4pda. It is very good with battery are it is clocked at 650mhz until there is over 85% cpu load. I believe it has a built in recovery and root + touchwiz. You should get the blade wifi fix after this rom and my wifi hasnt been disconnected since !

using ztes3 ROM now.found there is no stock browser,chrome,e-mail or radio what i did was open up the B05 update ROM and copied over the browser, chrome,e-mail and radio apps.and lucky for me i backed up my phone contacts as they never appeared.(thank god for titanium backup!)i believe the music player is the Google one.nice to see some of the tips and tricks from the Samsung phone.its quiet fast haven't tried wifi yet, Bluetooth works thanks for the heads up on the ROM.maybe you should make a thread for it on the forum so more people can see it. Edited by sam tyler

Guest sam tyler

when you install grand x tools on the comp you should be able to go to the run box on the comp and type...adb reboot recovery as long as you followed. the steps on grand x tools.

Guest jaz1-_

Yes you can unbrick it with u970 tools. My USB port is completely broken and phone won't charge or connect to anything, there's probably no place where there is a USB port for this phone and zte won't do anything about it. I will try to fix it again and if that doesn't happen idk what will happen after :(

Guest sam tyler

Yes you can unbrick it with u970 tools. My USB port is completely broken and phone won't charge or connect to anything, there's probably no place where there is a USB port for this phone and zte won't do anything about it. I will try to fix it again and if that doesn't happen idk what will happen after :(

have a look at these 2 videos from YouTube
and this one
it might not be related to your problem,but you never know.

Guest jaz1-_

I had watched those videos before and they didnt help but i managed to fix the usb charging port AGAIN but you still have to hold the wire in a weird position. Thanks anyway

Guest sam tyler

Some people might find this useful. Pasted the web address into Google Translate. Has download links for all the custom ROMs on 4pda.ru.

http://translate.goo...st=2680&act=url

Edit:

You'll need to go the original URL for the downloads to work:

http://4pda.ru/forum...=398670&st=2680

already had them booked marked.i would say thanks on 4PDA but Google translate is very,very bad translating English into Russian! i think it states(on the site) that you can only comment in Russian,(maybe the translate got that wrong as well!! ) i`m using ZTEV3 on my phone,battery drain is a bit more than normal,but i have only started using the ROM since Monday,and most ROMS take a few days up to a week to settle down. but i did notice touchwhiz is being used. still a good ROM.

Guest jaz1-_

It is better to use chrome on the 4pda website and google translate gives me errors :(. I noticed the drain issue with ztes3 too and im gonna try kgdma 2.0 again and put my own tweaks in. I cant go a week without changing the rom for some reason :(

Guest jaz1-_

yes it says unknown and stuck on kgdma logo when i boot. pc wont recognise installed hundreds of drivers will try yours now. happened after i flashed ztes3 and dip a wipe after that which messed it up i think :(

Guest sam tyler

what i did was when i re installed grand x tools,when you open it(run) there is an app within tools called adb tap(or double tap on it and it should install adb driver(s) then you can use grand x tools to get root and recovery(or in run just type adb reboot recovery and it i hope it will take you into recovery after you installed x tools.(when i first installed ZTEV3 the first time it got stuck on the image just after the zte pic so i took the battery out then i put it back in,hooked it back to the comp made sure i could see the battery pic on the phone,i did the adb bit in run and it took me back into recovery,and just re flashed it i thinks its something to do with when it asks you about recovery i never saw it the first time. it been fine since.)

Edited by sam tyler

Guest jaz1-_

i think its not working for me because my usb port is messed up and it can only charge from the computer and not connect. I believe its the 5th pin that enables data dransfer and thats the one thats completely broken :( I might get my old nokia 5230 out, disassemble it to get the micro usb port and then try to solder it on with the tip of a screwdriver heated up :(.

Guest sam tyler

never tried to change an USB port on a phone. im sure there must be an YouTube video to show what to do it.good luck.why the smeg did i get this phone?!!

Guest jaz1-_

I regret getting this phone too. Its been dead for 3 days now and ive tried about 20 times to get it to work.I might try to get usb fixed at a shop tommorow but i am going to see if the usb is the problem or the software. If its the software then i might send to zte or go back to my old nokia e63 or buy a mtk6577 phone of amazon

Guest sam tyler

have you had problems with the SD card Holder or SD card? as sometimes I lose all my music and I have to move the SD card or even reboot for the phone to read it. and yes, I've changed SD cards twice now. no wonder ZTE made another new version of this Phone. I think they realized they made an lemon.

Edited by sam tyler