Problem with Grand X Whistle

Guest opazoadrian

Guest jaz1-_

This is a common problem because i keep my music on usb storage I need to wait a while after i flash a new rom for it to appear but then its fine.

Guest jaz1-_

OMG. so happy lived without a phone for 4 days and finally got a usb port fit in for £25 and it was done in 40 minutes :). SAVED ME £130

Guest jaz1-_

u should check 4pda they're making a custom kernel I think which they get from another tegra 2 phone. Can't wait for the possibility of undervolting and overclocking this phone :D

Guest sam tyler

staying with Starscream Mod (v1.6) as i find ZTES3 eat my battery to much.any chance of a link for cm9 ROM? as couldn't see it on 4PDA site. thanks. .....update.....no need for link as my phone is dead.used recovery builder to make a new recovery img and replaced the recovery img that was in grand x tools, re-installed recovery with new img tried to get in to recovery but luck tried turn on phone but it wont start,connected the phone to comp and tried to to see if i could re-install recovery now its saying no driver.back to my blade now,and im going to buy the star n8000. sod this stupid phone.

Edited by sam tyler

Guest jaz1-_

again :(. you should check the micro usb port. Is the pin farthest to the left bent or broken if it is get a usb port put in for around £25. dont buy the star n8000 it will be worse then this. look at the ace 2 or xperia u, even the star n9770 is better then then the n8000

Guest sam tyler

how was your phone reacting before you got the new usb? as my phone goes to boot up (i can feel it in my hand )the red light comes on then go out and sometimes it says(on comp ) apx or needs driver for apx. before i get it repaired.let me know.

Guest jaz1-_

well i booted up normally went past the zte logo and got stuck at the kgmda screen/android logo. When i put it in the computer it charged normally but it thought it was connected to a mains charger and it showed nothing was connected on the pc but if it moved it around in the usb port it said unknown device. When i got a new one put in it recognised and installed driver and then i done adb reboot recovery to get into recovery and wiped and installed starscreamod and it works perfectly again :).You should check its your usb port first is it like a brand new one or is it broken a bit?

Guest sam tyler

i bought mine grand x off ebay.and the usb cable felt lose when i connected it to the phone.now i have to find an good phone shop to repair it.i never had this problem with my ZTE racer(s) and blade(s) the more phones this lot chuck out the worse they get would have been more easy to get the ZTE blade 3!! if i cant get it sorted,im going to get the mtk6577 phone and the new version comes with jellybean installed.yes the port does look rough,just tested it again sometimes it says unknown device or it says needs driver for apx.what the hell apx? googled it find nothing.

Guest jaz1-_

idk probably some nvidia thing. my usb port fell lose 1 day afte ri bought mine probably because it was always on charge and its very cheaply made. the mtk6577 one is ok but the ram is slow, no front facing camera and worse performance. atleast you have jelly bean. just get the £115 s3 of amazon its 4.7 inches and looks good. it should befixed though. my zte cable doesnt work so i use a amazon kindle cable and a htc one. once you get it fixed try different micro usb cables

Guest sam tyler

got a new usb port fitted to the phone today.red light comes on now and thats it.adb wont work.used 4 different usb cables still nothing.i think its dead.by the the way just for future info the recovery img in grand x tools is a hacked version of the recovery(version no.recovery is the same and same layout and info) for the twin sim version of this phone.maybe that's why i couldn't back up and restore. ive gone right off zte now,im using my blade(cm10) until my new phone turns up.

Guest jaz1-_

That's sad :(. You should wait a little after you connect phone to PC for like 5 minutes then cmd and flash ROM from adb or try a adB reboot recovery . what will be your next phone? Fastcardtech has great cheap quad cores for under £150. Try to contact zte, I contacted them on facebook before and they told me to see if I was still under warranty they contact them and they would make me send my handset to them. Would change my grand x if I could. I get bad battery life even when I use different governors and clock CPU to 600mhz.

Guest sam tyler

as I said, adb won't work and I tried cmd and it comes back as reboot into bootloader or it can't find path . what command line do you use? in grand x tools it says can't detect phone. you can hear it boot again and again. and that's all it does. I've bricked my blades a few times and I've brought them back from the dead but this one is a nightmare. the twin version has better options for custom ROMs.I think that would have been an better buy.

Guest sam tyler

as I said, adb won't work and I tried cmd and it comes back as reboot into bootloader or it can't find path . what command line do you use? in grand x tools it says can't detect phone. you can hear it boot again and again. and that's all it does. I've bricked my blades a few times and I've brought them back from the dead but this one is a nightmare. the twin version has better options for custom ROMs.I think that would have been an better buy.

Guest rosco-85

got a new usb port fitted to the phone today.red light comes on now and thats it.adb wont work.used 4 different usb cables still nothing.i think its dead.by the the way just for future info the recovery img in grand x tools is a hacked version of the recovery(version no.recovery is the same and same layout and info) for the twin sim version of this phone.maybe that's why i couldn't back up and restore. ive gone right off zte now,im using my blade(cm10) until my new phone turns up.

I actually had the very same problem with mine after I had installed a custom ROM and tried to re-install the stock ROM using the ZTE Update Tool from their website. Phone went dead and everytime I tried to turn it on, I just got a blinking red light.

Actually had to send my phone off to 'Phones 4 U', even though I didn't get it there. it's only them and Virgin that handle UK warranty repairs. Got it done for nothing and it came back with B02 Stock on it after less than two weeks.

Since then I've bricked the phone a second time, but used your technique of re-rooting and booting into recovery. Worked perfectly, but I had the charging animation on the screen when I did that.

1) Left phone on charging screen.

2) Installed MTK USB Drivers from ZTE.

3) Ran root tool from XDA on charging screen but had to manually turn off phone.

4) Installed recovery on charging screen with ZTE tools.

5) Ran 'adb reboot recovery' in cmd while on charging screen.

Success. Could now install any ROM again!

P.S. I don't recommended formatting any partitions in between installing ROMS. Just wipe/data factory reset.

Edited by rosco-85

Guest sam tyler

problem for me is I don't even get the battery icon come up when I connect the phone to the comp or charger.so my guess I've bricked it.

Guest rosco-85

problem for me is I don't even get the battery icon come up when I connect the phone to the comp or charger.so my guess I've bricked it.

Surely still under warranty though? I bought mine on eBay, but still managed to get Phones 4 U to repair it, even without a PoP.

Guest jaz1-_

yeah ur right wiping does mess it up thats how i bricked mine on ztes3 before.im only going to wipe zteconfig from now on and im scared of flashing another rom because of what happened last time. I heard about phones4u fixing it and you should give it a try. they might use jtag to unbrick it or something.