• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

466 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Installed the ROM, unfortunately it has caused my data usage to increase to enormously huge volumes, with almost hourly transfers of 15MB (always this amount), resulting in depleting my 1GB monthly plan in no-time. Trying to find the culprit, I looked under Settings > Data Usage, where it shows that Android OS has used 1.21GB in the last 4 days, of which Foreground 0.00B and Background 1.21GB. Any idea why this is happening?

I have now updated to the ROM from April 05, and hope that the data transfer problems are over now - but still would be happy with any clue about mysterious data?

turn Google backup off :)

Posted · Report post

Beat me to it this time :D

Posted (edited) · Report post

Hi guys,

This is a first time post, so apologies in advance if I annoy or offend; it's not intentional(!)

Just tested-out this ROM, and it's pretty decent, running stable for me. I'm even getting stable and predictable bluetooth use. Just wanted to report/say something I've not seen mentioned in this thread so far:

The phone tells me gesture typing is available, and even shows the trails of my gestures as I type them, it just doesn't produce any words. Just wondered if this is by design, or an errors. Either way, happy to keep testing and report back if it's of use to anyone.

Edited by RiverCassade

Swipe on stock keyboard won't work on our hardware. Then only option is to go for some alternative like swype from play store...

Edited by C3C0

Posted · Report post

Another nice alternative is the ported Xperia Z keyboard on XDA by Rizal Lovins.

Posted · Report post

Hi guys,

This is a first time post, so apologies in advance if I annoy or offend; it's not intentional(!)

Just tested-out this ROM, and it's pretty decent, running stable for me. I'm even getting stable and predictable bluetooth use. Just wanted to report/say something I've not seen mentioned in this thread so far:

The phone tells me gesture typing is available, and even shows the trails of my gestures as I type them, it just doesn't produce any words. Just wondered if this is by design, or an errors. Either way, happy to keep testing and report back if it's of use to anyone.

The AOSP swiping keyboard only works on ARMv7 chips - in other words, not on this phone. Like you said, it does display the little swiping trail animation, but doesn't actually produce any words.

SwiftKey Flow, Swype etc. are good alternatives.

Posted · Report post

And what is the actual reason why this does work only on armv7?

Posted · Report post

Google refused to support armv6 beyond 2.3

And what is the actual reason why this does work only on armv7?

Google is the reason. Lots of the new features in 4.2 are ARMv7 only. Or, rather, the reason is that the additions use proprietary libs that we can't simply compile for ARMv6 like we do for everything else.

Edited by omegavesko

turn Google backup off :)

I didn't expect that service to utilize my data plan - usually these thigns have options for Wifi vs 3G. And I cannot imagine making changes that require these amounts of data to be transferred. Anyway, thanks for the tip, have turned it off, let's see what happens :).

Edited by henkjan123

Posted · Report post

The AOSP swiping keyboard only works on ARMv7 chips - in other words, not on this phone. Like you said, it does display the little swiping trail animation, but doesn't actually produce any words.

SwiftKey Flow, Swype etc. are good alternatives.

Cheers guys for the info - had no idea the swipe was no longer supported for ARM6.

Just for anyone else's reference, Swype is a pretty decent addon (I've stuck it on my Acer tablet too), and works well in association with this ROM. It's a hefty piece of kit at 20Meg plus, but unlike many other apps (I'm looking at you official twitter client...) I can see exactly why it's that large.

Posted · Report post

I have bin using this rom for about a week now i have to say its really stable and fast, didnt get any random reboots so far :D

Thanks C3C0!

Posted · Report post

I have been off from skate for a while, since I gave it to my brother, and he was using an early biuld of 4.1, not very stable, so I decided to install this rom, it is great I just have one question, It says it fits on 150 mb system so I can repartition it to 150 and no fear that it will miss some storage...

Also what do you use for moving apps to SD, I remember using link2sd but I don't think it is compatible any more, right ?

Sorry for these noobish questions but I have been of flashing Skate for a quite some time due to not having it, thanks...

Posted · Report post

no problem with link2sd

Hm, I'll try to format the sd card then, the phone was reading full memory with all apps properly linked to SD.Tthere were like 5 apps ...

Just getting back to tpt instructions, which one is 150... god I'm getting too old for this stuff :D

Thanks

Edited by crnadakm

I think its version 1b (not sure) 150mb system 2mb cache. Use tpt helper apk and download the correct version.

Edited by warimation

Posted · Report post

Hm, I'll try to format the sd card then, the phone was reading full memory with all apps properly linked to SD.Tthere were like 5 apps ...

Just getting back to tpt instructions, which one is 150... god I'm getting too old for this stuff :D

Thanks

http://www.modaco.com/topic/348776-zte-skate-tpts/

Posted · Report post

Just had the chance to try this one out, and have to say, it's just nice! thankyou!

Posted · Report post

I installed this rom 2 weeks ago, and after 4,5 days, my phone restarts every day, 5,6 times, can you solve this C3C0?

When will be next update ?

Posted · Report post

Have you overclocked your cpu? If so how high have you set it?

Play Store not able to install apps!?... I'm using C3C0 int2extplus modified script to gain 1GB ext internal storage mounting... Am I suppose to do something to get Play Store to work properly?...

Thanks ;)

UPDATE: Not all apps are having problems trying to install on my Skate, so far having problems with Google Maps & Candy Crush installing...

UPDATE2: "App Name" could not be downloaded due to an error. (942) - is this error referring to cache size limit?

Edited by trueno2k

Posted · Report post

Have you changed the dpi? If so you need to flash the multi dpi gapps package.

... delete :)

Edited by iYowo

Posted · Report post

Question. What's the best way to install Google Now on this ROM?

Question. What's the best way to install Google Now on this ROM?

afternoon matey, if you've got titanium and already made a backup of it,just restore the backup, if not there's a flashable version knocking around, but give me 10 and I'll post a linky :)

okidoki. try this one :)

http://db.tt/eH6BxKLE

flash via cwm

Edited by plegdroid