[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest plegdroid
Installed the ROM, unfortunately it has caused my data usage to increase to enormously huge volumes, with almost hourly transfers of 15MB (always this amount), resulting in depleting my 1GB monthly plan in no-time. Trying to find the culprit, I looked under Settings > Data Usage, where it shows that Android OS has used 1.21GB in the last 4 days, of which Foreground 0.00B and Background 1.21GB. Any idea why this is happening?

I have now updated to the ROM from April 05, and hope that the data transfer problems are over now - but still would be happy with any clue about mysterious data?

turn Google backup off :)

Guest RiverCassade

Hi guys,

This is a first time post, so apologies in advance if I annoy or offend; it's not intentional(!)

Just tested-out this ROM, and it's pretty decent, running stable for me. I'm even getting stable and predictable bluetooth use. Just wanted to report/say something I've not seen mentioned in this thread so far:

The phone tells me gesture typing is available, and even shows the trails of my gestures as I type them, it just doesn't produce any words. Just wondered if this is by design, or an errors. Either way, happy to keep testing and report back if it's of use to anyone.

Edited by RiverCassade

Swipe on stock keyboard won't work on our hardware. Then only option is to go for some alternative like swype from play store...

Edited by C3C0

Guest omegavesko

Hi guys,

This is a first time post, so apologies in advance if I annoy or offend; it's not intentional(!)

Just tested-out this ROM, and it's pretty decent, running stable for me. I'm even getting stable and predictable bluetooth use. Just wanted to report/say something I've not seen mentioned in this thread so far:

The phone tells me gesture typing is available, and even shows the trails of my gestures as I type them, it just doesn't produce any words. Just wondered if this is by design, or an errors. Either way, happy to keep testing and report back if it's of use to anyone.

The AOSP swiping keyboard only works on ARMv7 chips - in other words, not on this phone. Like you said, it does display the little swiping trail animation, but doesn't actually produce any words.

SwiftKey Flow, Swype etc. are good alternatives.

Guest omegavesko

And what is the actual reason why this does work only on armv7?

Google is the reason. Lots of the new features in 4.2 are ARMv7 only. Or, rather, the reason is that the additions use proprietary libs that we can't simply compile for ARMv6 like we do for everything else.

Edited by omegavesko

Guest henkjan123

turn Google backup off :)

I didn't expect that service to utilize my data plan - usually these thigns have options for Wifi vs 3G. And I cannot imagine making changes that require these amounts of data to be transferred. Anyway, thanks for the tip, have turned it off, let's see what happens :).

Edited by henkjan123

Guest RiverCassade

The AOSP swiping keyboard only works on ARMv7 chips - in other words, not on this phone. Like you said, it does display the little swiping trail animation, but doesn't actually produce any words.

SwiftKey Flow, Swype etc. are good alternatives.

Cheers guys for the info - had no idea the swipe was no longer supported for ARM6.

Just for anyone else's reference, Swype is a pretty decent addon (I've stuck it on my Acer tablet too), and works well in association with this ROM. It's a hefty piece of kit at 20Meg plus, but unlike many other apps (I'm looking at you official twitter client...) I can see exactly why it's that large.

Guest Wacky.ddw

I have bin using this rom for about a week now i have to say its really stable and fast, didnt get any random reboots so far :D

Thanks C3C0!

Guest crnadakm

I have been off from skate for a while, since I gave it to my brother, and he was using an early biuld of 4.1, not very stable, so I decided to install this rom, it is great I just have one question, It says it fits on 150 mb system so I can repartition it to 150 and no fear that it will miss some storage...

Also what do you use for moving apps to SD, I remember using link2sd but I don't think it is compatible any more, right ?

Sorry for these noobish questions but I have been of flashing Skate for a quite some time due to not having it, thanks...

Guest crnadakm

Hm, I'll try to format the sd card then, the phone was reading full memory with all apps properly linked to SD.Tthere were like 5 apps ...

Just getting back to tpt instructions, which one is 150... god I'm getting too old for this stuff :D

Thanks

Edited by crnadakm

Guest warimation

I think its version 1b (not sure) 150mb system 2mb cache. Use tpt helper apk and download the correct version.

Edited by warimation

Guest duda973

I installed this rom 2 weeks ago, and after 4,5 days, my phone restarts every day, 5,6 times, can you solve this C3C0?

When will be next update ?

Guest trueno2k

Play Store not able to install apps!?... I'm using C3C0 int2extplus modified script to gain 1GB ext internal storage mounting... Am I suppose to do something to get Play Store to work properly?...

Thanks ;)

UPDATE: Not all apps are having problems trying to install on my Skate, so far having problems with Google Maps & Candy Crush installing...

UPDATE2: "App Name" could not be downloaded due to an error. (942) - is this error referring to cache size limit?

Edited by trueno2k

Guest plegdroid
Question. What's the best way to install Google Now on this ROM?

afternoon matey, if you've got titanium and already made a backup of it,just restore the backup, if not there's a flashable version knocking around, but give me 10 and I'll post a linky :)

okidoki. try this one :)

http://db.tt/eH6BxKLE

flash via cwm

Edited by plegdroid