[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest Bandaranaike

Camera went dead. It starts, shows black screen (buttons are visible though) and moment later shuts down and says: "Gallery has stopped working".

Any ideas?

Guest plegdroid

could try rebooting the phone, and leave it for 5 minutes or so, let the media scan do its thing, so gallery loads everything it should, then try the camera, I had it do this also when the camera first became part of gallery.apk. worth a try and hope it works for you. :)

Guest trueno2k
Have you changed the dpi? If so you need to flash the multi dpi gapps package.
Yes, I have it set to 200 and yes, I have flashed the modified Phonesky.apk & GoogleServicesFramework.apk files as well... I have a feeling that the int2ext modified by C3C0 isn't working properly, gonna try using the original or the other one on XDA another person provided and hopefully they will work, unless C3C0 says differently!?... Edited by trueno2k

Morning.

My int2ext was provided just to get through times when the original ones weren't compatible with 4.2. So nowadays I suppose they already are, so I would use those instead. Maybe they have some additional improvements that make it better.

Guest trueno2k
Nitroglass work a treat with ParanoidJelly........happy so far with it.........
Well, doing a dalvik cache wipe in CWM put the phone into boot loop and so had to do a full reset/wipe... As soon as I booted up into SlimBean and set some vital settings I went on Play Store and tried installing Maps and to my surprise it installed! :P Have no idea what went wrong before and the only difference with the new fresh reset is that I had both DPI commands in build.prop set to 200 ( changed the 182 one to 200 )... However, still having problems with installing other apps, atm can't install Candy Crush, Diamond Dash, and TPT Helper so far, suspecting more I won't be able to install...

Morning.

My int2ext was provided just to get through times when the original ones weren't compatible with 4.2. So nowadays I suppose they already are, so I would use those instead. Maybe they have some additional improvements that make it better.

Yeah, morning to you as well C3C0,

Okay mate, I will have to try flashing the int2ext script I use on my Wildfire to see that makes any difference... Question, does the script you provide, take in account of the 2mb cache partition, or is that controlled by the ROM itself? Maybe that might be the culprit for my skate not being able to install certain apps, or maybe not? :P

UPDATE:

I found that most of the non-installable apps do not have size of app displayed ( apart from TPT Helper ) and so far every one I tried with this anomaly is not able to install, so could be something wrong with the Phonesky or GoogleServicesFramework or both apk hack files not being compatible with SlimBean or JB 4.2.2... Will have to hunt for the JB 4.2.2 GSF and PS apk files on XDA, hopefully the threads I normally look have a newer modified files for download... Will keep you all informed!... ;)

Edited by trueno2k

Guest jtharmor

Well, doing a dalvik cache wipe in CWM put the phone into boot loop and so had to do a full reset/wipe... As soon as I booted up into SlimBean and set some vital settings I went on Play Store and tried installing Maps and to my surprise it installed! :P Have no idea what went wrong before and the only difference with the new fresh reset is that I had both DPI commands in build.prop set to 200 ( changed the 182 one to 200 )... However, still having problems with installing other apps, atm can't install Candy Crush, Diamond Dash, and TPT Helper so far, suspecting more I won't be able to install...

Yeah, morning to you as well C3C0,

Okay mate, I will have to try flashing the int2ext script I use on my Wildfire to see that makes any difference... Question, does the script you provide, take in account of the 2mb cache partition, or is that controlled by the ROM itself? Maybe that might be the culprit for my skate not being able to install certain apps, or maybe not? :P

UPDATE:

I found that most of the non-installable apps do not have size of app displayed ( apart from TPT Helper ) and so far every one I tried with this anomaly is not able to install, so could be something wrong with the Phonesky or GoogleServicesFramework or both apk hack files not being compatible with SlimBean or JB 4.2.2... Will have to hunt for the JB 4.2.2 GSF and PS apk files on XDA, hopefully the threads I normally look have a newer modified files for download... Will keep you all informed!... ;)

Latest version of most apps are over 10-15 MB hence our skate struggles for additional apps.......i faced this issue and hence made internal mem 1 GB using ext partition.....Was not able to install FB,Twitter,HD widgets on 200 MB TPT........

Guest trueno2k
Latest version of most apps are over 10-15 MB hence our skate struggles for additional apps.......i faced this issue and hence made internal mem 1 GB using ext partition.....Was not able to install FB,Twitter,HD widgets on 200 MB TPT........
Could the ratio relationship between the internal data storage and the ext data mounted partition have anything to these issues?... I heard that there needs to have a certain amount of internal data storage needed for data/data files for example for the ext partition to work properly!?...

In the setup of Slim it's indicated that the DPI is 182.

Within the menu there are several steps to set up the DPI, the first step gives you 3 choices of DPI (nexus 7, nexus, etc..). But in the last step or option you can freely change the DPI.

What would be the correct way to change the DPI?

And what DPI is near to the mode phablet of paranoid?

And If I want to restore the DPI by default, how can I configure it?

Guest omegavesko

In the setup of Slim it's indicated that the DPI is 182.

Within the menu there are several steps to set up the DPI, the first step gives you 3 choices of DPI (nexus 7, nexus, etc..). But in the last step or option you can freely change the DPI.

What would be the correct way to change the DPI?

And what DPI is near to the mode phablet of paranoid?

And If I want to restore the DPI by default, how can I configure it?

It says the stock DPI is 182, but it's wrong. The stock value is 240.

Mine is set to 200, which feels like a good balance.

Guest jtharmor

Could the ratio relationship between the internal data storage and the ext data mounted partition have anything to these issues?... I heard that there needs to have a certain amount of internal data storage needed for data/data files for example for the ext partition to work properly!?...

For every 500 MB external memory you should have 100 MB internal memory free.......so if you have 200 MB system then you need to make 1 GB ext partition.........and then run that script........also fresh install is required everytime

Guest trueno2k
For every 500 MB external memory you should have 100 MB internal memory free.......so if you have 200 MB system then you need to make 1 GB ext partition.........and then run that script........also fresh install is required everytime
Thanks, but I recently already read about that on XDA forum threads, so I understand most of the requirement... I just recently flashed CronMod int2ext4+ original replacing C3C0 modified one, updated to Play Store version 4 and formatted microsd to a 500MB ext4 with 64MB swap partition, I also did a factory reset as you just stated and now all I need so far have been achieved and successfully working... BUT, thanks for the comments...

It says the stock DPI is 182, but it's wrong. The stock value is 240.

Mine is set to 200, which feels like a good balance.

It was a bit confusing.

200 DPI is perfect for me too.

Thanks.

Openpdroid for SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

What is OpenPDroid?

OpenPDroid is a set of modifications to the Android framework and libraries which allows fine-tuning of the data which applications are able to retrieve about your device, your account, your messages, and more. Specifically, it is a Privacy service provider:

http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=2098156

Install: Save the zip file in your SD card. Boot in recovery mode and install the zip update:

update-aosp-skate-20130405-openpdroid.zip

You need install in your device some app to set up:

-PDroid Manager: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1994860 and https://play.google....roidalternative

-PDroid 2.0: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1923576

Uninstall: Boot in recovery mode and install the zip restore:

restore-aosp-skate-20130405.zip

Note: Made with Autopatcher 2.9.1: http://forum.xda-dev...d.php?t=1719408