[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko

Hi! Is there any default menu for setting the CPU and the governor or do I have to install an app? Thanks!! (Or is it overlocked yet?)

Thanks a lot!

There should be a performance menu in settings. Go to About Phone and tap on Build Number a couple of times if it's hidden.

Guest AnSnarkista

There should be a performance menu in settings. Go to About Phone and tap on Build Number a couple of times if it's hidden.

:huh: Why is like that??? jajajajajajjajajajajaa I love it.... I was very stranged about this, no performance settings in a C3C0 rom??? Very strange....

Thanks a lot! This ROM is going to be in my Skate for a long time

Guest plegdroid

:huh: Why is like that??? jajajajajajjajajajajaa I love it.... I was very stranged about this, no performance settings in a C3C0 rom??? Very strange....

Thanks a lot! This ROM is going to be in my Skate for a long time

Morning matey,

Google made it like that, their reasoning was,the average user wouldn't need these features. so hid them :)

Guest AnSnarkista

I didn't know....

I think this is the best ROM I have ever tried for ZTE Skate, it has all useful settings, lightweight, fast, and about battery, It's highly efficient....

Thanks for it C3C0!

Guest n-play-a

Is I the only one with no working rom at all?? When i boot up first time com.android.phone fc (sometimes 3x) in the "welcome to android" screen (to set up phone first time). CPU is running full speed all the time. Tried already everything, full wipe, format everything by hand in mounts and advance menue, all type of tpts. only installing the s5 kernel i dont tried, because goo.im is down i think.

someone any ideas??

can someone upload "update-S5-SFR-boot-4.2.2-20130306.zip"

i realy like the idea of slim bean and think its the best way to go with our good old phone. I need to work it out somehow <_<

Edited by n-play-a

Guest Schwedenbitter

I just installed the ROM and went through the setting. Right now it seems to run pretty good. Maybe I missed something in the settings. Right now I'm looking for 2 things:

I know that slim is different from paranoid. But with paranoid jelly 2.81 I could do a reboot directly to CWM by holding the power button and choosing the specific menu item. Is there an menu/item like that is this ROM?

I also liked it to undock the app and widget window, which means I could either go through the app menu or through the widget menu. If I came to the last screen it started with the first one and did not got to apps oder widgets or vice versa. Is there a switch or menu item, where I can set this behaviour again?

I appreciate that KonstaT made/compiled/linked (whatever) simple2ext for 4.2.2, which works with this ROM.

Guest warimation

Activate your "programing" options on about Phone and pressing several times on build version. Then you will be able to activate restart options and other stuff like changing governor..

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest FoxVictor.be

Moved on to SGSIII since beginning of the year, but found some time today to play on my old Skate. After reading the forums, this seemed to be the most recent/speedy 4.2.x, so I gave it a go. Very nice Ceco, works like a charm including TPT150GB, int2ext+ and Dutch language pack. This will be it's final ROM, i.e. with this ROM I can pass it on to my parents for a second life (after taking it to the Pukkelpop music festival ;-). Thanks Ceco!

• 2 months later...
Guest jkwakman

Does anyone experience problems with phonecalls? My skate often disconnects. Was never a problem before android 4.2.2 / other roms. Does anyone know a solution?

Guest bondy.android007

any chance of making a slimbean 4.4 rom?  :) btw this rom is amazingly good, hardly ever reboots randomly and works well with Int2ext script, i have a crazy amount of apps installed :) 

This annoying Goo.im site, what are they doing, i can't download anything because they moving to other servers , so annoying, i need to test this rom to see how it works.

Guest mamen2022

Hi C3C0, 

can you please upload in a diferent server the LatinIME keyboard versions? Goo.im is offline and its really anoying trying to write in a diferente language, the dictionary is all messed up. 

Thanks ;)