[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest wizard.no.84

s5.. and to be honest, dont know :D thought it mite seed up a bit the phone

only thing that kernel did was lover 3D rate at antutu.. my sore i barely 2200 WITH sd score included..

Huh.. s4 and s5 is intended for SFR devices only. It's basically the same version as comes with ROMs by default but with support for different touchscreen. You got lucky it worked on yours :)

Guest thomcd

C3C0, thanks for the init.d fix but I'm staying on PA Jelly 4.2.2, I consider the PA 4.2.2 ROM the most functional with the best options (I was blown away when I saw the tablet UI). I hope you didn't stop the development of PA 4.2.2 ROM as it has been quiet since a few days on that forum.

Guest ChowChilla

thanks for the fix, C3C0. I must say, this is perhaps the fastest rom ive used. Ive been using your PA 2.80/CM10 rom for the past month and this feels like an improvement.

While im here, what would be the best way migrating from Links2SD to INT2EXT? Remove/unlink apps, Wipe dalvik and flash the script?

Edited by ChowChilla

@thomcd

I will continue maintaining aospa. I'm waiting for some major features to appear that are worth it. Like network mode switch.

You know it's always quite large amount of work to merge all new changes from official repos into my local repo and inspect and solve potential conflicts.

Guest wizard.no.84

i dont even know what SFR stand for.. all i saw was jb kernel.. thought it mite boost something..

using those s4 and s5 (not always) from ISC..

but i dont think that kernel is the thing that make i2e work..

two flashes back, i2e worked without kernel.. just rom-gapps-i2e

maybe because i formated it to ext2 ??

Guest omegavesko
i dont even know what SFR stand for.. all i saw was jb kernel.. thought it mite boost something..

using those s4 and s5 (not always) from ISC..

but i dont think that kernel is the thing that make i2e work..

two flashes back, i2e worked without kernel.. just rom-gapps-i2e

maybe because i formated it to ext2 ??

The SFR Staraddict is an entirely different device, based on the Skate's hardware. Sold in France, I think.

It has a different touchscreen, so it requires a different kernel to work properly.

Edited by omegavesko

@wizard

sysinit handling is in the init script inside kernel ramdisk. It was completely missing so there's no way how this could work for you since scripts in init.d haven't been executing at all. So the one and only explanation is that you must had used s5 when it worked for you. No other option.

Guest WiiSky70

You can't upgrade from 2.3 to 4.2 without issues. Best you can do is back up your stuff with Titanium Backup and restore it once you've installed SlimBean.

while(1) { facePalm(); }

Without "issues" upon installation of the ROM . Like abnormal lagginess or other issues with partitions that may affect reliability or broken stuff.

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest omegavesko

Without "issues" upon installation of the ROM . Like abnormal lagginess or other issues with partitions that may affect reliability or broken stuff.

You won't have 'issues' because the ROM either won't boot after upgrading or it'll be extremely unstable.

Seriously, just use Titanium Backup and you'll be fine.

Guest omegavesko
Omega are you still running roorbox or you have moved ro slim bean

Still running RootBox. I'll switch to SlimBean once I'm tired of this. :)

Guest SingleWolf
The SFR Staraddict is an entirely different device
Not entirely, just in different case and with "swapped" Home&Menu buttons.

It has a different touchscreen, so it requires a different kernel to work properly.
IMHO, it's depends from manufacturing date: AFAIK, latest Skates also came with different touchscreens. Moreover, my Staraddict's touchscreen works OK with both Ceco's kernels - normal and SFR.

Guest wizard.no.84

...unless you're a wizard :D

well, my stupidity is my bless :D

and something is wrong with my phone that for sure..

-before you added multy dpi gapps, i was able to clean flash new rom (with 200 dpi)

-after installing i2e+ (on RB) after clean instal, apps stayed (could not format ext partition)

-and now, i2e+ working on SB

i think that my phone is not erasing everithig when i do a clean install.

maybe i dont even have a Skate phone.. :D :D :D

or maybe the pimp init is the a cause.

Guest wizard.no.84

system

system was the thing.

this time i did clean install WITH manual format>system, and no kernel, and i2e+ is not working.

so im guessing that something stayed written on system partition from previous rom. because i noticed that i have old wallpaper (before cleaning) now i have SB wallpaper, and only that ~200Mb free..

as i sad, my stupidity is my bless ;)

Guest omegavesko
system

system was the thing.

this time i did clean install WITH manual format>system, and no kernel, and i2e+ is not working.

so im guessing that something stayed written on system partition from previous rom. because i noticed that i have old wallpaper (before cleaning) now i have SB wallpaper, and only that ~200Mb free..

as i sad, my stupidity is my bless ;)

Ah, that makes sense. Can't remember the last time I flashed a ROM without formatting /system first.

Guest SingleWolf
and for the record, i don't need kernel at all?
Most common kernel is already provided with ROM. Alternative one should be used only for different devices such as SFR Staraddict. Edited by SingleWolf