[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest omegavesko

C3C0, just to be clear, is your new int2ext+ script for this ROM only or can it be used with other ROMs as well?

Pretty sure it should work on AOSPA and RootBox as well.

Initial reboot has been removed in new one. Reboot is not needed in case of this rom, anymore. It might cause troubles on Rb and aospa, though, so I recommend to stick with the old one until I implement semaphore driven sysinit in those ROMs.

Guest omegavesko

Question. Is it possible to rotate the image output via ADB/DDMS by 180 degrees, like it is normally? I know I can just rotate it myself when using DDMS, but it looks a bit silly when using external tools like scrotter:

tN7BmEBl.jpg

Guest bAzYx

Hotfix for sysinit available in the second post.

Very nice. I can confirm mounts2sd works flawlessly now. I used to have to run it without the safe mode. Now it works perfectly without it.

Gapps updated - containing new version of Gmail

1) uninstall Gmail update from data partition if you already updated from play store

2) flash new gapps

no wipes needed

Guest trueno2k

Anyone here having problems adb pushing to system folder, picture below shows what I'm getting when I do an adb push to system on my skate. I've had this same problem with other ROMS made by C3C0 and it just baffles me why this only happens with his ROMS and not Lalits' ROMS!?... Would appreciate the help with getting this function back in operation?! Thanks...

adb_readonly_fail.jpg

NB. Proximity Sensor is still not functional when your making or in a phone call!...

Edited by trueno2k

This is a standard behaviour. ADB daemon on phone is not running as root by default - for security reasons.

This means you have to:

1) enable root access for ADB in developer options

2) restart adb daemon by issuing: adb root

3) remount system as rw by issuing: adb remount

After that you can adb push files.

Or you can simply push them while in recovery - in recovery ADB is running as root by default.

Guest trueno2k
This is a standard behaviour. ADB daemon on phone is not running as root by default - for security reasons.

This means you have to:

1) enable root access for ADB in developer options

2) restart adb daemon by issuing: adb root

3) remount system as rw by issuing: adb remount

After that you can adb push files.

Or you can simply push them while in recovery - in recovery ADB is running as root by default.

I see now! :P Thanks alot for the command needed to enable root on this ROM :thumbsup:

On a side note what ext partition does your modified int2ext+ init_d file support, it currently doesn't seem to work with the original one and your modified version, I'm using ext4 1GB partition on my microsd fyi...

Again thanks for the help ;)

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k
There's no explicit specification of filesytyem type in mount command.
busybox mount -o nosuid,nodev /dev/block/mtdblock6 /sd-ext

Is this command already included in the script or do I need to add this in the script some where? Or maybe use the command in T.E?

I have the original script working on my wildfire 4.0.4 ROM and I love the fact that the ext partition is registered as internal storage for installing apps onto...

Edited by trueno2k

No. You don't need to do anything. I just wanted to show that it doesn't account for the specific type of filesystem. So ext2/3/4 should be fine

Guest trueno2k
No. You don't need to do anything. I just wanted to show that it doesn't account for the specific type of filesystem. So ext2/3/4 should be fine
Ah, that's brill, so what could be the reason why I haven't got your modified script working?

PS. I've updated my previous post if you haven't noticed...

Guest SPARL_

Laggy? I haven't experienced an iota of lag on this ROM, I actually find it quicker than PJ2 oddly. Besides the Skate does not lag, it merely procrastinates :P

Guest srbodroid

I did a clean install but it was very laggi fom time to time. I've never experience that on rootbox! I been testing it 4 two days and now that I returned to rootbox I must say it's much much better. I like slim because of simplicity, light weight and real dark option but lag was 2 bad 4 me. Now that rootbox have dark option I'm quite happy with it. Keep up the great work C3CO I'm always more than happy 2 test your roms!

You're welcome. I'm on root box ATM while I was fixing FM audio routing and volume (it works now!) and must say that I also find Rb somewhat snappier than SB.

Guest omegavesko

You're welcome. I'm on root box ATM while I was fixing FM audio routing and volume (it works now!) and must say that I also find Rb somewhat snappier than SB.

I think that's at least a little bit of a placebo effect. I always think the old ROM was slower when I switch to a new one. :)

Guest bAzYx

I love this ROM. Kept my /system to 200MB and was able to move lots of apps back to it. Combined with mounts2sd for more apps space and swap handling, this makes for a keeper on my phone.

In three words: Thank you C3C0

Edited by bAzYx

Guest trueno2k

Been having trouble adding a new apn settings, but can't find the save button, am I missing something here? I've even tried adding the settings to the apns-conf.xml file and copying it over the one in my system/etc folder with the appropriate permission changes but to no avail get the apn settings to appear!

Would it be possible for you C3C0 to add it in to the next build the apn settings for OVIVO mobile please? ;)