[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest emilpoul

I think that's at least a little bit of a placebo effect. I always think the old ROM was slower when I switch to a new one. :)

Well always the devs opinion has a different weight , but i will agree with you about myself :D

Guest trueno2k
Have you tried pressing the menu button while on screen where new APN data is entered? There should be a menu item to Save your new APN.
Not sure what happened but after turning on action overflow function in settings the menu button function started working which didn't before, however, it is now working, both the menu button and the action overflow menu function... :thumbsup: ... Thanks for the quick reply though ;)

I think I'm going back to gingerbread to find out :P That was for emil and omega. Trying new internet explorer 10 and looks like enter key doesn't work in modaco post text editor.

Edited by C3C0

Guest trueno2k
Oh and by the way, would it be possible for the apns-conf.xml file to include Ovivo Mobile settings please? Or, am I gonna have to wait for the official owner who manages this file to update it? If so, where can I find this person so that I can make him/her aware of the missing MVNO settings? Thanks all

Guest emilpoul
I think I'm going back to gingerbread to find out :P That was for emil and omega. Trying new internet explorer 10 and looks like enter key doesn't work in modaco post text editor.

Ceco,you will not find them faster,i made it this ,applying mokee os and h3 , 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 of your s are by fas faster,that is my opinion. Ceco , something out of subject, in rootbox when i choose lock screen to be rotated with hw acceleration on and have screen turned, then circle isnt damaged ;)

Guest trueno2k
It's not even in CM repos yet, must be a new operator. You can can send me the new apn xml definition so it could be added to apns. https://github.com/C...c/apns-conf.xml
Will this do?

<apn carrier="Ovivo" apn="gprsconnect.com" mmsc="http://mms.gprsconnect.com/servlets/mms" mmsproxy="212.183.137.12" mmsport="8799" mcc="234" mnc="15" authenticationtype="PAP" type="default,supl,mms,dun,fota" />

You can also find the settings via this link on their website here --> http://ovivomobile.com/set-up-guide-for-android/

Guest omegavesko

Right, I just spent a few hours on SlimBean and it's definitely the smoothest 4.2 ROM I've used so far. Scrolling specifically seems to be significantly smoother.

Guess I know what ROM I'm staying on for the foreseeable future. :)

Guest keverd

Er.. auto? Do you mean pie controls like in PA and RootBox?

Oh I got it, I meant with no need to 3d party software. I found in the launcher desktop settings an option to hide the status bar AND the annoying Google Persistent search bar (in landscape), which gives you full screen mode with soft keys ( no need to expand Desktop). I love it!

Guest omegavesko

Oh I got it, I meant with no need to 3d party software. I found in the launcher desktop settings an option to hide the status bar AND the annoying Google Persistent search bar (in landscape), which gives you full screen mode with soft keys ( no need to expand Desktop). I love it!

Ah. I'm pretty sure you can do that system-wide, actually. I think I saw a setting somewhere that lets you only hide the system bar with Expanded Desktop.

Guest WiiSky70

DANM! It takes 20 Minutes to reboot the phone ?

What i've done wrong ? I have an EXT3 Partition and i have installed everything right on Recovery over Stock-TPT

Edited by WiiSky70

Guest manja86

what I observed and the only thing I dislike is that when I talk to someone, sensors that are not doing extinguishing screen and the phone enters the application that is the only downside to this ROM, otherwise everything else is great, thank you and I hope you solve this problem.

Guest trueno2k
Try calibrating your proximity sensor in Settings.
I'm also getting non working proximity sensor whilst in calls, even after calibrating it, I noticed this when I flashed Lalits' released version of JB 4.2 out in January...

I will have to try another non JB ROM ( when I find the time to do it though ) to confirm whether it is or not a JB fault or a hardware fault in my skate... I do hope it's not my skate gone faulty again cause I think my warranty should have expired, and I won't be trying to replace the sensor ever.

Edited by trueno2k

Guest trueno2k

both prox zip files didn't help with fixing proximity sensor as the file just gets re-written by the proximity calibrator tool in settings! Any other ideas?

Guest trueno2k
It gets overwritten only when you choose to calibrate. Don't do this after applying fix.
I didn't use it after flashing, the file just gets overwritten automatically, I know as I've check the pro_data.txt file after flashing once I boot into JB...

Guest mrvlhs

Thanks for the awesome ROM :)

Any tutorials on how to easily resize system and data partition? I've found a couple but not sure if they apply to the skate as the posts said they were phone specific.

You can use TPT helper from play store. Skate_v1b (150mb system) layout is fine for this rom.You choose "All in one", then choose your layout to download it. It will extract itself to the appropriate directory on SD. Then you need to power off your phone and flash by powering on while holding menu key and volume up key.WARNING: all your data in phone will be erased. Data on SD card will be preserved. For my other 4.2.2 roms I recommend Skate_v2b layout. (200mb system)

Edited by C3C0