[ROM][Skate] SlimBean 3.1 - Android 4.2.2 (05/04/2013)

Guest C3C0

Guest Bandaranaike
To be frank........softkeys at bottom looks very bad on our skate which already has hard buttons........its uses up space n screen too.......i have never used softkeys at the bottom ever....

Yeah, i used it for a while as a part of bottom status bar in tablet mode, but its not ideal. Pie is excellent solution.

Guest jtharmor

Yeah, i used it for a while as a part of bottom status bar in tablet mode, but its not ideal. Pie is excellent solution.

Status bar on top is better...but now pie solves everything

Guest bAzYx

C3C0, I suggest you trim down the name of the file: Slim-Skate-4.2.2.build.2.7-UNOFFICIAL-20130326-1545.zip

I had to rename it to Slim-Skate-4.2.2.build.2.7.zip to be able to install it using CWM 6.0.2.7

It took me some time it figure it out... :(

Guest thomcd

I personally hate PIE, because there is no option to disable it when a full screen application is running, this is something that should have been implemented when PIE was released. So if you are playing a game with PIE enabled you might get really annoyed by PIE if it triggers when you don't want PIE to popup.

That's why I additionally implemented option to disable pie trigger area in aospa Rom. AFAIK pie can be completely turned of in rootbox, too.

Guest thomcd

I didn't mean to turning it off completely but disable PIE registering triggers when a full screen application is running and enable PIE registering triggers again when the full screen application isn't running anymore. Should be possible as the statusbar is automatically disabled when starting a full screen application.

Guest rajko6

Why can't camera flash be used in 4.+ roms? And bluetooth 2.

What is the best auto free ram memory app you can recomend for 4+ system?

Tnx for all the work :)

Guest plegdroid
Why can't camera flash be used in 4.+ roms? And bluetooth 2.

What is the best auto free ram memory app you can recomend for 4+ system?

Tnx for all the work :)

afternoon,

1,zte won't give us the necessary drivers.

2, it's inherent from Google.

3, don't use one, the OS will manage memory. :)

Guest mrvlhs

I read someone talking about a problem with the proximity sensor but can't find it. Mine simply doesn't monitor anything, all variables stay constant. Is it common to everyone or just happens randomly, and has it been fixed in any way? Thanks! :)

Guest wizard.no.84

me again. after a while..

two things.

1. battery consumption is ... well its at 0% after 8h

screen (at aprox 20%) mobile network (more E then H) and system, burned more than 70% of my battery in less than 8h.

in that 8h about 40 min of real use of the phone, because I was at work..

i noticed battery draining in previous build, but after 4-5 days it was stable, and could keep up to 12h of real use of the phone (call, sms, net) but newer like this.

2. no alarm sound. when i set alarm, i get no sound. only vibrate.. even when i force set alarm melody (used zedge for that, because there is no option to set alarm sound (melody), still when clock alarm is on, it only vibrate..

1) something seems to prevent your device from sleeping (some app?) I recommend getting BetterBatteryStats (available at xda for free) to find out what.

2) can't confirm ATM. I'm on different ROM right now and no time to reflash. I'm driving long distance home tomorrow (from Sirava - you know it ;) ) so I better go now to get some sleep.

Guest wizard.no.84

1. It's ok.. I left it to over night off (on 0%) to drain it completely. just put it now on the charger and will calibrate it again and see in couple of days..

dont think ist (my) app, because this time installed even less apps. (dont use widgets and weather apps) and sync is normally off..

2. dont worry about ATM. i know that you will check this when you get time. ;)

Guest plegdroid
Quick question .

Are upgrades possible from other ROM's based on 4.1.2 (i.e : ParanoidJelly) ?

Rule of thumb, if upgrading on the same rom, jb2 to jb2 ect, yes dirty flash would be ok,unless issues present themselves. if moving from say slimbean to jb2, full wipes would be recommended. I would recommend ,a clean install on anything other than a same rom update.

Happy Easter :)

Guest WiiSky70

Rule of thumb, if upgrading on the same rom, jb2 to jb2 ect, yes dirty flash would be ok,unless issues present themselves. if moving from say slimbean to jb2, full wipes would be recommended. I would recommend ,a clean install on anything other than a same rom update.

Happy Easter :)

Thanks. Glad it's not a lie :D

Guest utternoob

@C3C0 have you had any problems decompiling framework for this ROM? Got a friend who's ported it but having problems and thinks framework is to blame, but it won't decompile for him to look inside. If not, what do you use?