• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

One more noob in distress

8 posts in this topic

Posted

Running out of ideas on this one, I followed the post "

Explained Like You're 5: Install custom ROMs from scratch"

And all seemed good, however I can not fix a camera problem

The screen always looks like this or similiar not matter what app I try:

photo_zps50bbd988.jpg

The actual camera takes pictures OK, when you hit one of the many camera icons. So what is the moslt likely way to fix this please? Any help most appreciated, sorry if this is in the wrong section or has been asked before, I did search, honest!

Posted

Which rom you have?

Posted

Android version 4.1.2 from CyanogenMod version 10-20130217-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R6.

Posted

Update: I went to System Settings, About phone, Cynanogen Mod updates, and updated to cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip (it hald already downloaded so I clicked to install), rebooted and camera working again, sweet.

Posted

Update: I went to System Settings, About phone, Cynanogen Mod updates, and updated to cm-10.1-20130216-EXPERIMENTAL-u8815-R2.zip (it hald already downloaded so I clicked to install), rebooted and camera working again, sweet.

The camera now works as R2 is a whole new version of android.

CM10 R6 = JB 4.1.2

CM10.1 R2 = JB 4.2.2

Posted

Oops just noticed Google App Store won't open. So I uninstalled it thinking I could re-install but now I cant find it as an app or where to download it, also I think the problem was with Trebuchet, should I uninstall that?

Posted

OK, another update (might help another noob) I installed gapps-jb-20121212-signed and this seems to have fixed this problem.

Posted

If everything is working for you now then that's great but if it was me then I'd be more inclined to do a new/clean (all wipes etc.) reinstall of CM10.1 R2 (or whatever other ROM you choose) as often upgrade installs can lead to problems.