Restore original SD card / preload content (1.28.401.7)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

When you unlock your bootloader on the HTC One, the preloaded SD card content gets wiped out. You also lose a number of apps from /data/preload.

The zip below (for installation via custom recovery) will restore the SD card content and give you the ability to reinstall those missing apps either on next wipe or by manually installing from /sdcard/APKs.

Two versions of the zip are available - a huge one that includes the free Thor movie for HTC Watch and a smaller version without.

• 1.28.401.7 content WITH Thor movie - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)
  • 1.28.401.7 content WITHOUT Thor movie - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid)

Enjoy! :)

P

Guest madindehead

Hi Paul,

Thanks for this stuff. I noticed however, it added back the original music which was on the SD card, and I am not unable to delete this music...

Any ideas how I can remove it properly? Perhaps through adb shell?

Guest madindehead

Hmm, tried to change permissions with Root Explorer, and it says that the SD partition won't allow permissions changes to be made :(

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest Rustyspoon

Hi Paul,

Fantastic job on getting the preloaded apps up!

Quick note for records - I am in Canada (unlocked and rooted) and tried installing the latest OTA (1.29.666.17) to test this and got the assert failed check_cid error. I know you mentioned on XDA that you might have to work on the app naming to get it right. Is this the case with the update or just an error cause its unlocked.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
Guest Montala

Hi,

Sorry for picking up such an old thread, but is it possible to download the larger of the above files ans then to extract just the Thor movie from it, without having to reinstall everything else as well?

Thanks! :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Paul,

Fantastic job on getting the preloaded apps up!

Quick note for records - I am in Canada (unlocked and rooted) and tried installing the latest OTA (1.29.666.17) to test this and got the assert failed check_cid error. I know you mentioned on XDA that you might have to work on the app naming to get it right. Is this the case with the update or just an error cause its unlocked.

Thanks

Hi Rustyspoon,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've a couple of questions for you. I'm in Canada too and am curious about a couple of things:

- I'm with Rogers, got my phone only 3 weeks ago, and have 1.29.631.17 and no OTA is offered to me. Which carrier are you with and what is your current version?

- could you post more details of the assert failed message (I presume you held volume down and power once the update process red-triangled)?

- have you altered your cid from stock, and what was/is it?

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by dr_diem

Guest Rustyspoon

Hi Rustyspoon,

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread, but I've a couple of questions for you. I'm in Canada too and am curious about a couple of things:

- I'm with Rogers, got my phone only 3 weeks ago, and have 1.29.631.17 and no OTA is offered to me. Which carrier are you with and what is your current version?

- could you post more details of the assert failed message (I presume you held volume down and power once the update process red-triangled)?

- have you altered your cid from stock, and what was/is it?

Cheers,

Ian

Hi Ian, 

1. I am with Sasktel - I initially unlocked my phone and then Sasktel had a small OTA update for the phone.  I posted the above in response to that, but in early June I gave up on trying to figure out if we could unlock and get the updates so I installed ARHD and never have looked back.
  2. The failed assert message had to do with incorrect CID numbers and trying to match up to application names.  I remember reading that the HTC update process was flawed in the fact that it looked for certain apps to be installed on the phone (and had to be the perfect match to app name) for the OTA's to be installed from the carrier
  3. I have since switched to super CID (11111111) but forgot to actually get what my original CID was for my phone.  Not like it matters anymore though :)

Hope this helps

[edit] I've educated myself out of the ignorance displayed below - I now of course realise that the ARHD (Android Revolution HD) ROM incorporates Sense. I've left my original comments as-is for posterity and in case this post helps out someone else suffering the same ignorance.

It sure does!

So your plan now is just to update ARHD as it incorporates Android updates right? Bye bye Sense? I'm nervous about going to a custom ROM simply because I just don't know exactly where Sense ends and Android begins - I don't know exactly what functionality I'd lose!

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by dr_diem

• 2 months later...

I have not rooted my phone but did have to send it to HTC for repair so hard reset . When I got my phone back I restored it from HTC backup but when I went to watch Thor on HTC watch it was gone. I had thought HTC would of known this had been on my device but no so downloaded zip with film in moved it to HTC watch folder and it shows up in my films however when play button is hit it tells me drm licence is not correct so deletes it and tries to download a new one only to fail. Please can some one tell me how to correct this please.

Edited by dcoke