• Announcements

• Reminder - MoDaCo position on illegal content   07/30/15

ILLEGAL CONTENT I'd like to just reaffirm MoDaCo's position regarding piracy and illegal content in the light of some recent questions / postings. Posts will be censored by myself or my moderation team if the contain or link to: Illegal / pirated / cracked software or sites that host such softwareNintendo emulators / ROMs or sites hosting them (in light of Nintendo's legal stance)CUSTOM ROMS You may discuss and post links to custom device ROMs on MoDaCo, provided the following rules are adhered to: ROMs must not contain any illegal 3rd party software (this includes trial versions included without permission)ROMs must give full credit to the original authorISSUES If you have any issues with this policy, please contact PaulOBrien directly via PM.
    • Reminder: Selling items on the forum directly is not allowed   07/30/15

Please note that selling items on the forum directly is not allowed by the forum rules. There is a forum for eBay auctions whereby you can list the items on eBay and link to them there. This is the ONLY forum for this type of activity. You may also advertise links to the eBay forum in your signature. Please note that selling directly in contravention of these rules will result in a warning / suspension / ban.

New *Huawei Ascend G700*

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Hi everybody

a new huawei phone....Huawei Ascend G700 with 2gb ram

what do you thing?

Use google translate: http://android.hdblo...roid-in-arrivo/

post-1009017-0-10866600-1363892966_thumb

Posted · Report post

2gb ram!

Posted · Report post

Quad core CPU, 5" HD display, it's great!

Posted · Report post

Quad core CPU, 5" HD display, it's great!

And it will probably cost $450 >_>

You could get a phone with the same specs for $250 online :)

Posted · Report post

Rather get a nexus 7.7 if the rumours are true

Posted · Report post

Rather get a nexus 7.7 if the rumours are true

Same, I can't afford a £400 phone, Thats why I have the G300!

Posted · Report post

It finaly appeared on merimobiles and etotalk and it`s

arround £200 now.

Posted · Report post

Very tempting that's for sure. (I keep dreaming of winning the euro millions :P) Hopefully give it 6 months the price would drop. But it seriously gives the iPhone some competition!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I'll grizzle :huh:

5" screen could be full HD. 720 will fit in 4.7" and be that much more comfortable to hold.

Altho' they claim to shoot 1080p video, Huawei's cameras have never been as good as they should to match the rest of their specs.

It seems TD-SCDMA and WCDMA in one phone is still too hard. This G700 seems to be coming in a version for each. Now the reason for dual sim in my book is so I can take this with me to the back country and take advantage of China Mobile's better coverage. No cigar?

Edit: Funny thing Huawei don't list G700 on their Chinese devices page, but they do have latest firmwares for both T and U versions

Edited by akarana

Posted (edited) · Report post

5" screen could be full HD

5" screen @ 1280*720 with 294ppi is a retina screen, practically.

At normal viewing distance.

You will need more ppi If you are short sighted, though :P

Edited by dakok

Posted · Report post

This phone doesn't look all that great to be honest and at that price it will most likely come close the Nexus 5, which has a bezel-less screen making it one of the best looking phones around. The only Huawei I would like would be the P6..

Posted · Report post

It will be great to make a CM ROM for it))

Posted · Report post

Specs: http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g700-5633.php

One review:

I bought the g700 from ebay 2days back.camera is very poor.photo quality is very bad in low light condition.display , built quality is normal.mobile heats up very fast during charging.touch interface is good.i dont recommened this phone.one major drawback is phone is sending auto sms to some international no. Charging you 5rs per sms:'( i have lost 100 rs from past 2 days. I have not got any response from service center . I have stopped using the phone because of this issue.can any one help me on this.i tried to install real racing game which is also not downloading past 2days from wifi.giving download error.

Posted · Report post

It will be great to make a CM ROM for it))

that will never happen since its an mtk device