Buy a £130 Nokia Lumia 620, get a £50 Windows 8 Pro upgrade free!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest PaulOBrien

This is a nice deal - when you buy a Nokia Lumia 620 for £129.99 you can snag a free Windows 8 Professional upgrade worth £49.95!

The offer, exclusively available from Carphone Warehouse, is available on either the white or black phone and is subject to a mandatory £10 top up at checkout. You can also get £3.03 cashback on your purchase from TopCashback.

We've talked a fair bit about the Lumia 620 before - it's a great little handset even without this offer! The previous deal from O2 offering a free additional coloured shell rather than the Windows upgrade is still available (as detailed in our previous post) if that appeals to you more. :)

lumia620white.png

Click here to view the item

Guest unrandomsam

It is a great deal. The O2 one not so much. (Even if you can get the unlock code free O2 might decide not to let you update for no reason. The encryption used by WP8 might be trouble in the future even if not messing around with Nokia Care Suite is no fun).

Guest Colossae3.23

yeah, I like it. Got a Acer W700 in December. I got used to Win8 pretty quickly, but my wife is another story... The mail app is poor, but Win Blue is coming soon, with loads of improvements. FYI: Acer is throttling the W700, but it's good enough for me, as I do very little gaming. (supposed to be a BIOS update to fix this, but I ain't holding my breath) :-)

Guest unrandomsam

The Mail app was great - (For Google accounts anyway you could use Exchange Activesync - Probably more than likely why it was killed.)

Problem is I did a system refresh which broke it. (I thought all metro stuff like that was cloud synced but when it comes to Google Accounts that totally isn't the case).

It works properly when it comes to Windows Phone 7 (Probably 8 as well) read it on the desktop and the notification goes from the phone. (Works less decent with Gmail imap).

Guest unrandomsam

Oh and multiple monitor support is better (For Desktop mode - but they made some braindead choices when it comes to metro i.e you cannot keep a metro app on one monitor and the desktop on the other and use them independently).

Basic performance is better so it is worth having just for that. (IE 10 metro might be great if I bother setting up squid and privoxy (With adblock plus lists).

Guest masterpfa

Very good deal if you are in the market for a W8 phone.

I have got so used to Windows 7 , I think I may only update when I get a new laptop or circumstance dictate otherwise. Having tried it during the Beta stage, it was OK but nothing I would be prepared to change my current set up for.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.