Blade 3 Development

Guest Zainster

• 2 weeks later...
Guest bigbluetaurus

Propably never, actually I'm working on new D3D11 game engine project, so I don't have enough time to working on it.

bummer :(

• 1 month later...
Guest robt77

Hi, tried to build pacman rom from source JB 4.12, I got it to build :) , however after I flashed ROM, I was stuck in bootloop :( , took a logcat and the problem seemed to be .....

W/StatusBarManager( 395): warning: no STATUS_BAR_SERVICE

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): *** FATAL EXCEPTION IN SYSTEM PROCESS: WindowManagerPolicy

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): java.lang.NullPointerException

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): at android.util.ExtendedPropertiesUtils.getActualProperty(ExtendedPropertiesUtils.java:490)

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager.updateSettings(PhoneWindowManager.java:1681)

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager$SettingsObserver.observe(PhoneWindowManager.java:746)

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): at com.android.internal.policy.impl.PhoneWindowManager.init(PhoneWindowManager.java:1180)

E/AndroidRuntime( 579): at com.android.server.wm.WindowManagerService$PolicyThread.run(WindowManagerService.java:871)

Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be? I did a quick search and couldn't find anything concrete, but will have a proper look tomorrow as it is now late.

Edit, I tried the build again this evening and success, and it has booted. just testing for any bugs and stuff and if not I will release.

Thanks

Edited by robt77

Guest peetu20

I know this is wrong section, but I am trying to build cm10.1 for Zte Blade, everything goes well, before, I try to build:

digipeetu-ubuntu@digipeetuubuntu-Aspire-7250:~$ cd ~/android

digipeetu-ubuntu@digipeetuubuntu-Aspire-7250:~/android$ . build/envsetup.sh

including device/generic/armv7-a-neon/vendorsetup.sh

including device/generic/armv7-a/vendorsetup.sh

including device/generic/mips/vendorsetup.sh

including device/generic/x86/vendorsetup.sh

including device/ti/panda/vendorsetup.sh

including device/zte/blade/vendorsetup.sh

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

including sdk/bash_completion/adb.bash

including vendor/cm/bash_completion/git.bash

including vendor/cm/bash_completion/repo.bash

digipeetu-ubuntu@digipeetuubuntu-Aspire-7250:~/android$ brunch blade

including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh

Trying dependencies-only mode on a non-existing device tree?

============================================

PLATFORM_VERSION_CODENAME=REL

PLATFORM_VERSION=4.2.2

CM_VERSION=10.1-20130608-UNOFFICIAL-blade

TARGET_PRODUCT=cm_blade

TARGET_BUILD_VARIANT=userdebug

TARGET_BUILD_TYPE=release

TARGET_BUILD_APPS=

TARGET_ARCH=arm

TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv6-vfp

HOST_ARCH=x86

HOST_OS=linux

HOST_OS_EXTRA=Linux-3.8.0-23-generic-x86_64-with-Ubuntu-13.04-raring

HOST_BUILD_TYPE=release

BUILD_ID=JDQ39E

OUT_DIR=/home/digipeetu-ubuntu/android/out

============================================

make: *** Kohteen "bacon" tuottamiseen ei ole sääntöä. Seis.

digipeetu-ubuntu@digipeetuubuntu-Aspire-7250:~/android$

Whats the problem??I have now tried twice to download source code and build, but the process always stucks at this... I really would like to learn build Roms.

"*** Kohteen "bacon" tuottamiseen ei ole sääntöä. Seis." means no rule to make target bacon. Stop

Guest robt77

Hi, anyone have any idea with the below error when I was compiling pacman 4.22

host C++: aapt <= frameworks/base/tools/aapt/Command.cpp

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman10.1/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/AaptAssets.o] Error 1

make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....

In file included from frameworks/base/tools/aapt/AaptAssets.h:11:0,

from frameworks/base/tools/aapt/Main.h:14,

from frameworks/base/tools/aapt/Command.cpp:6:

frameworks/base/include/androidfw/ResourceTypes.h:1008:32: error: 'ACONFIGURATION_UI_INVERTED_MODE_ANY' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/include/androidfw/ResourceTypes.h:1009:35: error: 'ACONFIGURATION_UI_INVERTED_MODE_NORMAL' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/include/androidfw/ResourceTypes.h:1010:32: error: 'ACONFIGURATION_UI_INVERTED_MODE_YES' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/include/androidfw/ResourceTypes.h:1011:31: error: 'ACONFIGURATION_UI_INVERTED_MODE_NO' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/include/androidfw/ResourceTypes.h:1041:35: error: 'ACONFIGURATION_UI_INVERTED_MODE' was not declared in this scope

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman10.1/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/Command.o] Error 1

Guest robt77

I managed to get past above error, but am now stuck with the below error which I can't seem to figure out when I am trying to build pacman 4.2.2

host C++: zipalign <= build/tools/zipalign/ZipEntry.cpp

make: *** No rule to make target `/home/rob/android/pacman10.1/out/target/common/obj/JAVA_LIBRARIES/telephony-common_intermediates/javalib.jar', needed by `/home/rob/android/pacman10.1/out/target/common/obj/APPS/CellBroadcastReceiver_intermediates/classes-full-debug.jar'. Stop.

Anyone have any ideas?

Guest robt77

gone back trying to build PACman 4.22 after building Chaemeleon for our device I have got past the above error I [osted before and am stuck t the following error. have googled but am none the wiser

target thumb C: init <= system/core/init/devices.c

scripts/kconfig/conf --silentoldconfig Kconfig

arch/arm/Kconfig:1370:warning: 'HZ': number is invalid

arch/arm/Kconfig:1371:warning: 'HZ': number is invalid

arch/arm/Kconfig:1372:warning: 'HZ': number is invalid

drivers/video/msm/Kconfig:462:warning: defaults for choice values not supported

*** Configuration file ".config" not found!

*** Please run some configurator (e.g. "make oldconfig" or

*** "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig").

make[4]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 1

make[3]: *** [silentoldconfig] Error 2

make[2]: *** No rule to make target `kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a'. Stop.

make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/kernel/zte/zte-kernel-msm7x27a'

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/KERNEL_OBJ/.config] Error 2

If anyone has any ideas it would be appreciated

thanks

Guest KonstaT

It seems there's something wrong with the inline kernel building. Which repos are you using from legaCyMod? It would be better to only add/replace projects that are absolutely necessary (frameworks_av, frameworks_native, qcom_display-legacy, qcom_media-legacy and atheros_wifi_libs).

Guest robt77

It seems there's something wrong with the inline kernel building. Which repos are you using from legaCyMod? It would be better to only add/replace projects that are absolutely necessary (frameworks_av, frameworks_native, qcom_display-legacy, qcom_media-legacy and atheros_wifi_libs).

Thanks, to be honest i used the whole legacymod local manifest. I will re try with just doing what you suggest. thanks for your input

Edit - changed local manifest, but still running into same issue. Will try again from scratch on weekend because I can't even build what I have previously built, must be having a blonde moment :rolleyes: thanks for your help KonstaT.

Edited by robt77

• 3 weeks later...
Guest robt77

having issues building 10.1 based ROMs from source, running into the same issue with both PACman4.2 & Chameleon OS both fail at the same points, The last part of the error message is

device/zte/atlas40/libaudio/AudioHardware.cpp:4187:10: warning: format '%d' expects argument of type 'int', but argument 4 has type 'ssize_t {aka long int}' [-Wformat]

make: *** [/home/rob/android/chameleonos/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/audio.primary.msm7x27a_intermediates/AudioHardware.o] Error 1

I have repo synced and made clobber and appied ll the pacthes so not sure where exactly I am going wrong. Does anyone have any ideas?

Guest robt77

Thanks KonstaT, am still struggling to see where the error starts rather than just see the last part of the message. i had been a bit ruthless on the local manifest and not included the libhardware one to be removed and replaced with the legacymod one. just added it now so hopefully will do the trick. Really appreciate the help

Guest robt77

Hi, another day another error I can't seem to get past whilst building for Pacman4.2

Import includes file: /home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/host/linux-x86/obj/EXECUTABLES/aapt_intermediates/import_includes

host C++: libandroidfw <= frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/Asset.cpp

host C++: libandroidfw <= frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetDir.cpp

host C++: libandroidfw <= frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp

host C++: libandroidfw <= frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'void android::AssetManager::setLocaleLocked(char const*)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:405:31: error: 'strdupNew' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'void android::AssetManager::setVendor(char const*)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:426:31: error: 'strdupNew' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'bool android::AssetManager::detachThemePath(const android::String8&, void*)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:2047:9: error: 'class android::ResTable' has no member named 'removeAssetsByCookie'

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'void android::AssetManager::addRedirections(android::PackageRedirectionMap*)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:2056:9: error: 'class android::ResTable' has no member named 'addRedirections'

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp: In member function 'void android::AssetManager::clearRedirections()':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/AssetManager.cpp:2063:9: error: 'class android::ResTable' has no member named 'clearRedirections'

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libandroidfw_intermediates/AssetManager.o] Error 1

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp: In function 'void* ensureCapacity(void*, size_t, size_t)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp:70:57: error: 'roundUpPower2' was not declared in this scope

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp: In member function 'uint32_t android::PackageRedirectionMap::lookupRedirection(uint32_t)':

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp:121:29: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

frameworks/base/libs/androidfw/PackageRedirectionMap.cpp:129:31: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/host/linux-x86/obj/STATIC_LIBRARIES/libandroidfw_intermediates/PackageRedirectionMap.o] Error 1

Have searched no idea what is causing this error, can compile earlier version of PACman base on CM10, but base on CM10.1 is just not having it. Does anyone have any ideas.

Guest KonstaT

What does your local manifest look like? Looking at PAC manifest you should be able to replace CM projects with legaCyMod projects without a problem. PAC seems to have custom frameworks/native and you should most definitely use it. There's only two commits (1,2) on legaCyMod frameworks/native that this device benefits from. Neither are 'must have' commits though. Everything works fine without them too, UI might be just slightly slower.

Maybe it's better to do a new 'repo init' just to make sure you've picked up the latest PAC manifest. Always 'make clobber' before compiling too.

Guest robt77

my local manifiest seemed ok, had only removed the wpa8 and legacyhardware and libncurses. I tried bith with and without replacing the legacy mod frameworks but always ran into the same error message. So have re done the repo init to see if that helps. really appreciate yur help

Guest robt77

good news got past frameworks/base error above, but now run into the following error

In file included from hardware/qcom/display-legacy/libgralloc/ionalloc.h:33:0,

from hardware/qcom/display-legacy/libgralloc/alloc_controller.cpp:36:

bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:24:47: error: conflicting declaration 'ION_HEAP_TYPE_IOMMU'

device/zte/atlas40/include/linux/ion.h:43:2: error: 'ION_HEAP_TYPE_IOMMU' has a previous declaration as 'ion_heap_type ION_HEAP_TYPE_IOMMU'

bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:25:44: error: conflicting declaration 'ION_HEAP_TYPE_CP'

device/zte/atlas40/include/linux/ion.h:44:2: error: 'ION_HEAP_TYPE_CP' has a previous declaration as 'ion_heap_type ION_HEAP_TYPE_CP'

bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:27:6: error: multiple definition of 'enum ion_heap_ids'

device/zte/atlas40/include/linux/ion.h:65:6: error: previous definition here

bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:45:6: error: multiple definition of 'enum ion_fixed_position'

device/zte/atlas40/include/linux/ion.h:82:6: error: previous definition here

bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:85:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ion_flush_data'

device/zte/atlas40/include/linux/ion.h:694:8: error: previous definition of 'struct ion_flush_data'

bionic/libc/kernel/common/linux/msm_ion.h:94:8: error: redefinition of 'struct ion_flag_data'

device/zte/atlas40/include/linux/ion.h:710:8: error: previous definition of 'struct ion_flag_data'

make: *** [/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmemalloc_intermediates/alloc_controller.o] Error 1

Sorry for being a pain, but searched google for this error and nothing useful comes up. Looked at both files mentioned and everything seemed ok even compared to the files I have on my ChameleonOs but getting nowhere. As usual any help/advise would be appreciated..

Guest KonstaT

Looks like you're using display-legacy and media-legacy from arco when you should be using the legaCyMod ones instead.

<remove-project name="arco/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" />
<remove-project name="arco/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />
<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />[/CODE]

Again, what does your local manifests look like?

Guest robt77

Thanks KonstaT i had not removed the arco projects, I have done so now and am waiting for the ROM to build The local manifest currently looks like, thanks again for all your help

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

<!-- CM replacements -->

<remove-project name="android_external_libncurses" />

<remove-project name="android_external_wpa_supplicant_8" />

<remove-project name="android_hardware_libhardware_legacy" />

<project path="external/libncurses" name="legaCyMod/android_external_libncurses" revision="cm-10.1" />

<project path="external/wpa_supplicant_8" name="legaCyMod/android_external_wpa_supplicant_8" revision="cm-10.1" />

<project path="hardware/libhardware_legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_libhardware_legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />

<project path="hardware/atheros/wifi/libs" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_atheros_wifi_libs" revision="cm-10.1" />

<project path="hardware/qcom/displayegacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />

<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />

</manifest>

Guest KonstaT

You'll also need custom frameworks/av from legaCyMod if you want to get hardware video decoding/encoding working. It's not even necessary to replace all of those projects for this device but you should be able to do it anyway just as long they're listed under CM projects in PAC manifest.

PAC seems to have custom system/core and frameworks/native. You should use those from PAC. There's two patches I previously linked for frameworks/native you can merge on top of PAC tree. And there's also one needed for system/core (needed for FM support).

Guest robt77

right I have messed up bug time some how. when I try to build now it errors out dead quick with the following error

Notice file: external/expat/NOTICE -- /home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/host/linux-x86/obj/NOTICE_FILES/src//lib/libexpat.a.txt

make: *** No rule to make target `/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/target/common/obj/APPS/framework-res_intermediates/src/R.stamp', needed by `/home/rob/android/pacman4.2/out/target/common/obj/APPS/Apollo_intermediates/src/R.stamp'. Stop.

Notice file: external/libpng/NOTICE -- /ho

I even deleted all the device specific stuff and local manifests and re added then repo synced again but the same errors. My local manifest looks like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<manifest>

<remove-project name="android_frameworks_av" />

<project path="hardware/qcom/display-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_display-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />

<project path="hardware/qcom/media-legacy" name="legaCyMod/android_hardware_qcom_media-legacy" revision="cm-10.1" />..

<project path="frameworks/av" name="legaCyMod/android_frameworks_av" revision="cm-10.1" />

</manifest>

What school boy error have I unwittingly committed....

Edited by robt77

Guest robt77

turned my attention to Jellybeer rom as I couldn't get past errors on either Pacman or RootBox roms. Got nearly all the way through compiling, according to out folder, kernel, recovery image etc was already bult but ran in to the below error

target SharedLib: libmediaplayerservice (/home/rob/android/jellybeer/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmediaplayerservice_intermediates/LINKED/libmediaplayerservice.so)

/home/rob/android/jellybeer/prebuilts/gcc/linux-x86/arm/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6.x-google/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld: /home/rob/android/jellybeer/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmediaplayerservice_intermediates/StagefrightRecorder.o: in function android::StagefrightRecorder::startFMA2DPWriter():frameworks/av/media/libmediaplayerservice/StagefrightRecorder.cpp:1130: error: undefined reference to 'android::FMA2DPWriter::FMA2DPWriter()'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

make: *** [/home/rob/android/jellybeer/out/target/product/atlas40/obj/SHARED_LIBRARIES/libmediaplayerservice_intermediates/LINKED/libmediaplayerservice.so] Error 1