Micro SD Card failure. Help!

Guest reganlives

Guest reganlives

I've got a Jiayu G3 and have got a 32GB micro sd card in it. Yesterday I went to check my phone and it said "sd card removed unexpectedly". In response to this I restarted the phone but it wouldn't see the sd card so I took the card out and put it back in then restarted the phone again then it said it was damaged or something along those lines and wanted to format it but I didn't format it. The phone is a ICS android phone and I've got loads of photos on the card as well as apps, music etc but most importantly is the photos as I have some from my 30th birthday on the 17th while I was in Amsterdam so would really love to recover them. Can anyone help me please as I'm really lost. I tried to read the card in my laptop last night but the laptop wouldn't recognise the card. :(

Edited by reganlives

Guest reganlives

Right I've just been carrying out a load of research and have not got very far at all. The card isn't recognised in my PC at all so not even able to carry out a chkdsk on it. I've looked through a thread on xda developers but not had any luck with that as it seems like in order to carry out the recovery they describe the PC must be able to see the card. Really starting to fear the worst here now. Hope I've not lost all my data. I've not even done a backup recently so quite stuck. Only had the card in the phone since January so still under warranty. This is the guide I looked at...http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1355528