Installing stock rom error

Guest Prestodus

Guest kogos

Try to start the phone with no sim and sd card in it, and see if you can go past this error so you can enable debugging

If that wont work, get into stock recovery and wipe data... Then start the phone. That might also fix that error you are getting with setup wizard, so you can start the phone and enable debugging

Edited by kogos

Guest Gozcu

Hello guys

Turkey fanning the flames avea rom my device I get the error status 7. :( I made rum Sweden was not a problem. :)

What should I do. <_<

Guest KonstaT

Correct me if I'm, without debugging option i will not be able to fix the phone ?

I can not get into settings menu

You most certainly won't be able to 'fix' your phone if you can't explain what you're doing and why? And what you have done to 'break' your device? What ROM you have installed? What recovery you have installed?

You can do a factory reset in stock recovery as well and it sounds like it should be enough in your case. You can also install stock ROM updates in stock recovery (as long as you're installing a stock ROM that matches the stock recovery on your device).

Hello guys

Turkey fanning the flames avea rom my device I get the error status 7. :( I made rum Sweden was not a problem. :)

What should I do. <_<

You should take it to the stock ROMs thread. This thread is absolutely useless...

Everything is explained in the first post there. It's also explained in kogos' post few posts up. Simply learning to read usually helps. :P

Guest krzysztofbe

I have installed

[DEV][ROM][14.5.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

It was fine but then I have installed gapps for CyanogenMod 10.0 (Android 4.1.2) and after that when i turn on the phone it always want me to accept this message about

Setup Wizard or gapps process

When I was installing these roms I used this instruction http://zteblade3.com/how-to-root-the-zte-blade-3/run-the-root-tool/

Now I have tried many stock roms but every time i get this error

Installing the update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "P772N10_VIP"

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

(Status 7)

Instalation aborted.

Guest KonstaT

I have installed

[DEV][ROM][14.5.] CyanogenMod 10.1 (Android 4.2.2)

It was fine but then I have installed gapps for CyanogenMod 10.0 (Android 4.1.2) and after that when i turn on the phone it always want me to accept this message about

Setup Wizard or gapps process

When I was installing these roms I used this instruction http://zteblade3.com...-the-root-tool/

Now I have tried many stock roms but every time i get this error

Installing the update...

assert failed: getprop("ro.product.name") == "P772N10_VIP"

E:Error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip

(Status 7)

Instalation aborted.

You've installed 4.1 Google apps to a 4.2 ROM. No wonder. Only use packages that you find in the first post of each ROM thread.

So you still have ClockWorkMod installed? Wipe data and install any custom ROM again. You can't install stock ROMs with custom recovery. There's a big red text that says so in the ClockWorkMod thread as well as the stock ROMs thread!

You've installed some stock recovery? WHY? Which one? You can only flash stock ROMs that match the stock recovery on your device.

Guest krzysztofbe

Thanks for answear KonstaT

I dont have clockwordmode recovery installed or i don't know how to run it. When I use power + vol+ starts stock recovery....

I was trying to install stock roms from zte for my country (Poland) but i doesn't work then i have downloaded some roms from

Let me know if there is a way to find out which stock rom matches my recovery.

Or maybe there is a way to install clockworkmode without enabling usb debugging so i will be able to install custom rom then

PS. Wiping data or factory reset don't do anything...

Guest KonstaT

Err, you must have had (still have?) ClockWorkMod recovery installed or otherwise there's no way you've installed CM10.1 and the wrong gapps package for it. You can't flash custom ROMs with stock recovery (and you can't flash stock ROMs with custom recovery).

You can boot into ClockWorkMod by holding either volume up or volume down pressed while powering on. With stock recovery volume down takes to FTM mode and volume up to recovery menu.

1. mounts and storage -> format system
  2. wipe data and factory reset
  3. install zip from sdcard -> choose zip from sdcard -> customrom.zip

If you've installed stock recovery back after all that, you should know which recovery you've installed. In adb shell you could do:

getprop | grep ro.product.name
[/CODE]

Guest krzysztofbe

I definitely have the stock recovery because pow and vol- btn takes me to the FTM mode and pow and vol+ takes me to

Android system recovery <3e> which has these options:

reboot system now

apply update from external storage (which always fails with stock roms giving error status 7)

wipe data/factory reset

wipe cache partition

apply update from cache

md5 check

To install CWM recovery I used this solution http://zteblade3.com/how-to-root-the-zte-blade-3/run-the-root-tool/

but cwm recovery launched only once and after system reboot when pressing pow and vol+ stock recovery starts....

I couldn't check this product name i was trying with:

adb getprop | grep ro.product.name

And then I got

'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Edited by krzysztofbe

Guest kogos

Since you have stock recovery, you can indtall the stock rom from which the stock recovery came with. If you dont know the stock rom that you used recovery from, get into stock recovery, wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache. That should be enough to clear everything you installed, and start the device to enable debugging and flash stock recovery again with adb, and stock rom after that with stock recovery. Keep in mind it will wipe all your data.

Guest krzysztofbe

Since you have stock recovery, you can indtall the stock rom from which the stock recovery came with. If you dont know the stock rom that you used recovery from, get into stock recovery, wipe data/ factory reset and wipe cache. That should be enough to clear everything you installed, and start the device to enable debugging and flash stock recovery again with adb, and stock rom after that with stock recovery. Keep in mind it will wipe all your data.

I have done this many times (wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition) but no effect system still shows messages

"unfortunately the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" or "Unfortunately, Setup Wizard has stopped"

and when i scroll to top bar to get to the settings menu it doesn't open...

Guest kogos

Then the only thing you can do is try all the stock roms and see which one can be flashed. Or just flash the one that came with the stock recovery you now have on your phone.

Guest KonstaT

To install CWM recovery I used this solution http://zteblade3.com...-the-root-tool/

but cwm recovery launched only once and after system reboot when pressing pow and vol+ stock recovery starts....

I couldn't check this product name i was trying with:

adb getprop | grep ro.product.name

And then I got

'grep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

operable program or batch file.

Those instructions are how to root your device. It still doesn't explain how you got CM10.1 and gapps installed? That site terrible anyway, most of it is outdated or just plain wrong. No links given to original threads in this forum, no thanks nor credit given to those who actually made the recovery image/ROMs. :(

That's not right. After booting into stock recovery.

adb shell
getprop | grep ro.product.name[/CODE] I don't see what's the problem anyway. You can access your device with adb on recovery or the first time you boot into CyanogenMod after a factory reset (while still in CM bootanimation).
[CODE]
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash recovery recovery-cwm6032-atlas40.img

Proper instructions how to install ClockWorkMod.

http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/

Wiping /data doesn't help because there's wrong gapps installed on the /system.

Guest krzysztofbe

Those instructions are how to root your device. It still doesn't explain how you got CM10.1 and gapps installed? That site terrible anyway, most of it is outdated or just plain wrong. No links given to original threads in this forum, no thanks nor credit given to those who actually made the recovery image/ROMs. :(

If you fallow that instruction you have to run RootBlade3.exe and after that phone is automatically rebooted in cwm recovery mode but only once

Guest KonstaT

If you fallow that instruction you have to run RootBlade3.exe and after that phone is automatically rebooted in cwm recovery mode but only once

No, it will only boot into ClockWorkMod to install package for rooting the device and automatically reboot after that. You won't be able to anything in CWM. It still doesn't explain how you got CyanogenMod installed on your device and why would you even try that without properly installing CWM and making backups of your stock firmware.

Packing everything into a single executable (.exe) is also terrible practise. Absolutely no one can know/verify what is being done to your device and your computer! I've seen plenty of malware packed into packages like these (or infected adb executables/etc) and it being explained 'Oh, it's for rooting your device. It's normal that your virus scanner picks it up.'.

What can I say, don't follow crappy instructions and most certainly don't improvise while doing that. ;)

Like previously said, you have adb access on your device and you can easily install ClockWorkMod like it is supposed to.

http://www.modaco.co...-zte-blade-iii/

Guest KonstaT

It seems that without enabling usb debugging it is not possible...

*sigh* There's no need to enable USB-debugging.

... You can access your device with adb on recovery or the first time you boot into CyanogenMod after a factory reset (while still in CM bootanimation).

Wipe data in stock recovery

While CyanogenMod logo "spins"

adb reboot bootloader
[/CODE]

Flash CWM using fastboot

Guest krzysztofbe

*sigh* There's no need to enable USB-debugging.

Wipe data in stock recovery

While CyanogenMod logo "spins"

adb reboot bootloader

Flash CWM using fastboot

Thanks a lot KonstaT

In the end all needed was to install cwm again so thanks for the tip to run adb when phone is booting up