SDMergE400 Mod (gellmaR & cRaZyByte) - Get 1.1GB Space for your apps and data!

Guest gellmar

Guest tas0s

Excellent work guys!

I installed cm9 only to test the mod, it works very good.

Can this mod be altered to work on stock gingerbread?Can you provide some info in this direction?

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Guest ajeeshvijayan

help pls

am on 25/11/2012 nightly.. using link2sd.. so how can i install this.. steps please.. will it affect link2sd,or linked apps? can i continue using link2sd after this mod?

Guest nikufellow
Excellent work guys!

I installed cm9 only to test the mod, it works very good.

Can this mod be altered to work on stock gingerbread?Can you provide some info in this direction?

Thank you very much for your efforts!

Why would anyone use bloated lg stock when we have almost stable cm9:p but leaving that aside if you are in for a challenge then you might have to make changes to vold/initiramfs etc and well crazybyte and gellamar can possibly guide you better in this regard i also suggest you follow their discussions in the q&a thread its really informative if you wish to start from scratch !

Guest nikufellow
Is this for flashing only on my phone? or I have a pc

Flash on latest nightly from cwm. But you'll need a pc with kdz to get back stock mount points afaik

Guest nikufellow
help pls

am on 25/11/2012 nightly.. using link2sd.. so how can i install this.. steps please.. will it affect link2sd,or linked apps? can i continue using link2sd after this mod?

I don't think that this will in anyway affect /sdext i could be wrong,anyway you won't be needing link2sd after the merge !

Edited by nikufellow

Guest ajeeshvijayan

ajeesh, you have 1,1Gb space of system memory. why you still need link2sd? just curiously what apps you will installed....

steps pls.. i am on 25/11/12 nightly.. download and flash it.. that's all?

Guest ajeeshvijayan

I don't think that this will in anyway affect /sdext i could be wrong,anyway you won't be needing link2sd after the merge !

what about currently installed apps

Guest nikufellow

steps pls.. i am on 25/11/12 nightly.. download and flash it.. that's all?

Steps are same as detailed in post#1 of this thread works 100%

Guest jackycola

Hi. Would there be any way to just resize the Partitions?

Like adding 100-300 MB to Data and keep the rest as internal SD?

I feel like it should be possible but don't want to waste time trying or even brick my phone, if you could just tell me about how impossible it is?

Guest AlexPS

is there any way to have radio fm on cm9 with our phone? i tried spirit fm, but it simply doesn´t work.

i hope there is a way to have it, its the only thing i miss from stock rom.

Edited by AlexPS

Guest bong_adventurer

After i follow this tutorial my cp has working fine.then suddenly i notice that it will reboot unexpectedly.i do the tutorial again,install sdmerge step 1.then when i install step 2 it says aborted.so i install cm9 and it will boot succesfully,so i install sdmerge step4 but my phone will reboot again and again.so i install cm9 and it will boot succesfully.the problem is my internal memory is only 8mb and sd card not mounted.so i unbrick my phone but i still have cwm installed,when i reboot it will come to recovey again and again.my choice is unbrick again.after unbrick my sdcard is not mounted.how can i fix this?and i cannot root again no matter how ive tried,i cannt root.can anyone help me pls?

Guest muitenphale

I found this!

Step4 has been updated! You must download the new step4 and ignore the old one!

Fixes in the new step4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gellmar

1. Overclocked 1GHz kernel / blur fix / NO SMARTASSV2 (improved stability against freezes and reboots!) / swap / tun.ko as module / ums fix

2. PPTP / L2TP VPN fix

3. WebKit checkboxes fix

4. Lock screen fixes : glowpad with 6 targets, optimized pinpad and password lock, carrier info under clock widget, weather and calendar widgets located under glowpad to save space.

Download here: http://sendfile.su/796295

Screenshots:

2830974.png

2830975.png

2830976.png

2830977.png

2830978.png

2830981.png

2830982.png

2830983.png

Guest Boris Blagojevic

After a long series of tests, trials and errors, the SDMergE400 mod is here!

The purpose of SDMergE400 mod is to get more space for user data by means of removing the unnecessary 1GB internal SDCARD. Technicaly it is done in 4 steps:

Step 1 - Update recovery to use custtom one that support expert partitioning

Step 2 - Re-partition the internal storage and create filesystems

Step 3 - Install fresh Cyanogenmod 9 nightly

Step 4 - Install SDMergE400 modifier for CM9 nightly.

Main features:

1. Extended data partition 1.15 GB

2. Battery / power up fix

3. USB Mass Storage fix

4. ICS device encryption fix

5. Ability to set up Suxsem 1GHz / tun / swap kernel after Step4.

How to install (for the first time - no previous SDMergE400 mod installed):

1. Download archive with all parts from http://sendfile.su/787227 and unpack its contents to External SD card. Download the latest CM nightly to your external SD card too. Make sure the phone is fully charged!

2. Ensure you have CWM 5.8.4.5 recovery installed.

3. Plug off the charger and reboot into recovery

4. Apply SDMergE400_Step1.zip from sdcard. The phone will reboot on success prompting you a new recovery.

5. Apply SDMergE400_Step2.zip from sdcard. The phone will reboot on success prompting you an old recovery for step3 and step4 completion.

6. Apply CM9 install and after it completes, apply SDMergE400_Step4.zip from the sdcard.

7. Reboot and cross your fingers - after 2-3 minutes max you will see the SIM card PIN lock screen.

How to apply newer CM nightlies:

1. Copy CM9 nightly to external card

2. Apply from CWM recovery

3. Apply SDMergE400-Step4.zip from external card

4. Reboot normal

All you user data should remain intact.

How to revert the mod:

1. Reflash KDZ to stock 2.3.6 kernel.

Credits:

Thanks go to

- crazybyte for long-time help, discussions and scripts

- hecatae for pinned topic and testing of previous mods

- LG RMA service for new board for my E-400 :)

By the way where is in your posted link is hiden the download buton?I can't find it anywhere.