What is the SIM unlock code length please?

Guest glossywhite

Guest glossywhite

Hi folks.

I am doing a command line level search for unlock codes, and I would like to know, from those who have had theirs unlocked by orange... how many digits are in the unlock code, please?

Thank you :)

Guest glossywhite

Glossywhite, don't know if this will help you, but if you go to rickywyatts post 257: http://www.modaco.co...s/page__st__240 he pointed out that the 8th digit is 5 in all the codes he had.

Thanks, I shall take that into account - I'm still at the string searching/wondering about, stage :)

Edited by glossywhite

Guest shootomanUK

on a sidenote glossywhite, i dicovered a few week ago if you had not seen it that everyones imei started the same i.e 0132220000***** or 0132220001***** with the tenth digit changing from 0 to 1 or maybe even higher, could very well be determined by the amount of device manufactured ?

hope this helps :)

Edited by shootomanUK

Guest glossywhite

on a sidenote glossywhite, i dicovered a few week ago if you had not seen it that everyones imei started the same i.e 0132220000***** or 0132220001***** with the tenth digit changing from 0 to 1 or maybe even higher, could very well be determined by the amount of device manufactured ?

hope this helps :)

Hello Mr :)

Yes, I was reading that post last night, but no - mine is different (sorry, I am not giving my IMEI to *anyone* :)).

I have no idea where SIMlock data is even stored, so for now, I am at a loss. I don't even know what tools are used to flash the NVRAM parts, either (if anyone can help, it would be superb!)

Guest BlueMoonRising

Glossywhite, don't know if this will help you, but if you go to rickywyatts post 257: http://www.modaco.co...s/page__st__240 he pointed out that the 8th digit is 5 in all the codes he had.

Except mine is a 6, admittedly mine came only recently but I wouldn't read too much into the fact that it's "gone up" from 5 to 6.

Guest unrandomsam

(sorry, I am not giving my IMEI to *anyone* :)).

Matthew 7:12

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:31

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Pointless proclaiming to be religious and then outright ignoring the most fundimental teachings of the religion.

--

Religion has absolutely no place whatsoever on a tech forum. But if you mix religion

--

Quotes are from Kings James Bible because I think it reads the best but I am not religious.

--

I do believe that part is a good way to live your life however. So even as a none religious person I would expect to give my IMEI to anyone asking for mine.

--

Nothing worse than a hypocrite. (Well there is but it is a commonly used saying).

Guest unrandomsam

Hello Mr :)

Yes, I was reading that post last night, but no - mine is different (sorry, I am not giving my IMEI to *anyone* :)).

I have no idea where SIMlock data is even stored, so for now, I am at a loss. I don't even know what tools are used to flash the NVRAM parts, either (if anyone can help, it would be superb!)

You need to look at the docs for the Medfield platform.

And get connected to the IOSF-OCP Bridge somehow.

If Intel had made any particularly stupid moves it is likely they would have been found by now.

(By people who make their living by selling tools to people who can only click a button.)

The trick of patching the radio (So the phone thinks the code is right when it is actually wrong)

won't work because everything is signed.

Don't even think a signed unlocked bootloader would help.

Guest glossywhite

Matthew 7:12

12 Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

Luke 6:31

31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.

Pointless proclaiming to be religious and then outright ignoring the most fundimental teachings of the religion.

--

Religion has absolutely no place whatsoever on a tech forum. But if you mix religion

--

Quotes are from Kings James Bible because I think it reads the best but I am not religious.

--

I do believe that part is a good way to live your life however. So even as a none religious person I would expect to give my IMEI to anyone asking for mine.

--

Nothing worse than a hypocrite. (Well there is but it is a commonly used saying).

What on earth does that have to do with flashing a phone? I don't care for your judgements of my character thanks.

Reported.

Edited by glossywhite

Guest BlueMoonRising

What on earth does that have to do with flashing a phone? I don't care for your judgements of my character thanks.

Reported.

Reported!!! Lol. :D